“dont speak english & stranded” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Check out the Theater!
Ranked #5 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Hickory, Pennsylvania
“dont speak english & stranded”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We arrived at the hotel on a Sunday once we got to the room I need to ask a hotel house keeper a question and her response to me was "I no speak english" Seriously she is in the hospitality business. So I did without. The next day our family went to go to dinner down town and used the hotel van. We had the nicest driver she help with 2 elderly people in our party and we had a nice dinner. It was time to return to the hotel and after a half and hour I was unable to get thru to the hotel. Their phone lines just kept ringing busy.so I then had to call for a cab. When I got back to the hotel I really did not feel that they cared to much about how I got back to the hotel. Seriously they are in the hospitality business don't you think they should have back up phone system for over loaded calls.

Room Tip: The picture on the web site on the pool do not look like each other
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HGIClevelandDntwn, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Our sincere apologies that your housekeeper was not able to help you with your request. Please know we have staff on 24 hours and all our guests need to do is dial 0 and we'll be more than happy to take care of your requests. Also we did in fact have phones issues recently where our phone service provider was encountering technical issues and unfortunately we had to go without proper service for quite some time. But that does not excuse the lack of concern from our desk team upon your return. This will certainly be discussed with them. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

669 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Puyallup, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel was pretty nice. I had a room next to the elevator so I could hear it going up and down all night but it didn't bother me too much. I used the premium internet and it was speedy enough to stream a couple movies on my laptop through a wired connection. Wireless was a bit laggy. The bed was very firm but again It grew on me throughout my 1 week stay for business. The tv was decent also. The staff at the front counter were very helpful as in supplying order in menus of other companies, they had an entire cabinet full of a variety of choices. I don't care for room service so I displayed the "do not disturb" sign outside my door for the length of my stay and was politely prompted by them via phone call/messages to assist with anything I needed. Overall I was pleased.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for making us your home away from home. Glad you had a nice stay with us.
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also pristine. The view from the room was nice, but the exterior side of the window was dirty. Overall, this is not a cheap place to stay, but it was still decent value. What made our stay most enjoyable was the personality of Tina at the front desk. She was helpful, courteous, and funny. Thank you, Tina. Oh yeah...don't forget to get one of their complimentary specialty cookies in the lounge. They were delish!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
HGIClevelandDntwn, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for the shout out to our one and only Tina. Please know it has been shared with her. Glad you had an excellent stay. Have a great summer.
Crest Hill, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We came for our first visit to Cleveland to see the above show. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed the hotel immensely. Was very clean..what I always look for...and everyone was very nice. I would stay here again should we ever come back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HGIClevelandDntwn, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Well I hope you do come back. Happy to read you had a nice stay with us.
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Right across the street from the stadium and very close to a lot of restaurants. Our room was clean and the bed was so comfortable! Normal sized pillows too which unfortunately is hard to find in a hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Glad your stay was "Great". Hope to have you back again.
home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Loved our stay. We went for a weekend concert, had a wonderful experience. I'm normally a Marriott brands person, but this hotel is a new favorite. The breakfast is great, the facility nice. The only down side is some of the parking is a little seedy. Otherwise, great experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Well I hope through you're great experience with us we have converted you to the Hilton side. Thank you for the review.
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Great front desk staff. Very clean hotel, it's right across from Progressive Field a great location to spend some time. Quiet even though right downtown fun experience. A great hotel if you want to be in the city yet still feel that warm small hotel feeling once you cross the threshold.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIClevelandDntwn, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
WOW - what a fantastic review. Thank you so much for taking the time to type up a review on your stay with us. Glad you had an enjoyable stay.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!