“Outstanding customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Williamsburg, Ohio
“Outstanding customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at here 1 night for Cleveland Clinic Visit. Have to say hotel staff, especially the free shuttle service was outstanding! On time & personable, very professional. Front desk staff is always there & available if need be. Stayed in Room with King bed, room has microwave, fridge, Keurig (real plus). Nice closet size, shower was great, no water pressure problems even on 5th floor. Rooms facing Carnegie Ave (city view) little noisy. However this IS downtown Cleveland. Parking (entrance into) is a little tricky, you go PAST the building THEN turn onto side street (looks like alley). Parking costs 19.00 however if Cleveland Clinic patient they will comp you that. Hotel also offers Cleveland Clinic room rate if available. Felt secure staying there & leaving car parked there! Would definitely stay there again! This hotel is across from Progressive Field & would be excellent for a game!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HGIClevelandDntwn, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hope you can come back and catch a game next time. Like you said, right across the street from the ball park. Thank you for the review.

665 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Alrewas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown for 2 nights on a business trip in April 2014.

Staff very pleasant. Room (9th floor) ok - nothing spectacular. Used in on-site fitness room which consisted on 2 running machines, 1 cross-trainer, a multi-gym and mats - all in a fairly small room by the indoor pool, but served its purpose.

Breakfast 'okay'. Food in Harvey's bar (attached to the hotel) pretty good but atmosphere in the bar was lacking - possibly because of the layout. Staff in the bar very nice though.

On site parking available. Free on-site wifi which is reliable. On site business centre for guests too.

Overall a pretty good hotel and nothing to complain about. Staff all excellent.

Room Tip: 9th floor room was good - no road noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for the 'solid' review - appreciate it!!!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at your property April 25-27 for the Joyce Meyer conference. I have to first say that I am an employee of Hilton for almost 10 years and I have stayed at many of our properties over the years. I am the winner of several awards, including employee of the year. I say this not to brag, but because as you can imagine, my expectations of customer service is very high. I have never once been impressed by the overall staff at any property I have stayed at....But I have to let you know that every single member of your staff I encountered, from front desk, restaurant workers and housekeeping was OUTSTANDING. EVERYONE was pleasant, attentive, and accomodating. I also loved the fact that not only was the room clean, but we didn't hear a peep out of any of the surrounding rooms the entire weekend. (thicker walls...a perk of an older property) I even ordered room service on Friday night and it was there not just incredibly fast, but the woman that delivered it was extremely friendly as well. I applaud EVERYONE who worked over the weekend. A great staff makes all the difference in the world. I wish I would have paid more attention to name tags so I could specifically mention indiviuals. I would recommend this property to anyone visiting Cleveland! And to top it off, you are in a great location and our venue was walkable. Thank you for an amazing stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to type one up and we honestly enjoyed having you all here last weekend. Hope you can stay with us when Joyce Meyer's returns to Cleveland again.
Avon Lake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I spent a getaway night at this hotel while attending the theater. We arrived a little early and were told that our room wasn't quite ready, which was fine. We were asked to come back in 30 minutes. We actually returned about 2 hours later, but were told that our room still wasn't ready. Now, what could have been a disappointment was saved by a great example of customer service. LaTonya (see, we remembered your name) at the front desk apologized and said that the room would most certainly be ready soon. Then, she offered us seats in a private area of the lobby, and produced a bottle of Cab Sav and two glasses for us to enjoy while we waited. When the room was ready about 15 minutes later, LaTonya personally came over to where we were sitting and helped us with our luggage all the way to our room.

What a treat from a perfectly wonderful person who is an example of why I have a Hilton Honors account. I love this kind of personal service, and I appreciate those who make an extra effort to make sure their guests are cared for. Thank you so much, LaTonya!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the shout out to our one and only La Tonya! Glad you had a fantastic stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Myself & 3 of my girlfriends stayed at this hotel for 2 nights April 25 & 26 during the Joyce Meyer conference, the staff including Jonathan, Tonya, Latonya, Rosie(The sheriff) LOL, & Stacey, couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful with any issues or questions that we had. They all went above & beyond to make sure we were completely satisfied during our stay. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat. My friends & I couldn't have had a better experience & this hotel has done a wonderful job training their staff. 10 out of 10 is our rating for this hotel. Great staff!!! Thank you for your friendly hospitality!! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you so much for the kind comments in regard to our team members. This is why we do what we do.
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business. I bought the bed and breakfast package which was not too much upwards from just buying the room.

The staff was friendly and the hotel offered a complimentary shuttle around the downtown Cleveland area. The room had a very nice work desk and the room was well appointed. The room was also quiet at night and it wasy to rest. The bed linens though did smell a bit strong of bleach.

The hotel is near an interstate and crossing the street was a bit challenging, but there are some nice restaurants within walking distance.

Everyone was upbeat in the hotel and so it made the stay very pleasant. My Cleveland experience was great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Another great experience - thank you for the review!
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night while in town from buffalo to see a concert at the "Q".

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was pleasant. Hotel was across the street from Progressive Field. Took us about 10-15 minutes to walk to the "Q"

There were also plenty of food options within walking distance but beware most were CLOSED on a Sunday night.

My only complaint is that the price of parking was high. Otherwise a great hotel and would stay here again if going to either venues.

• Stayed March 2014
Always nice to have visitors from our sister city Buffalo. Also glad you had a nice stay with us. Hope to have you back again!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!