“Overall a great hotel with very nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Overall a great hotel with very nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We checked in a few hours early and had booked 3 rooms. Only one room was ready and we were ok with that, we knew we were early. We had planned to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and asked if it was close enough to walk. The front desk staff was very helpful in telling us how far it was, how to get there and gave us a paper with a number for their driving service if we wanted a ride back afterwords since we had kids with us. Just as we were getting ready to walk, the front desk clerk told us their shuttle guy was willing to drive us to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before going home so we were lucky enough to get a ride, and ended up walking back afterwords. (we went to the Hall of Fame the same time as a Browns game and was trying to avoid driving in the traffic) Also due to the game ending around dinnertime, we knew most restaurants would be busy and so we stayed at the hotel to eat. My husband and I cannot eat gluten and the waitress was very helpful in telling us what we could and could not eat. The only downside was the cost...the price of dinner was crazy expensive for a hotel restaurant. $30 for a steak and 2 sides. We decided to take our daughters swimming. There was no one at the pool which was great having it to ourselves. The pool water seemed rather cold, not sure if it was a heated pool. The hot tub was nice, though. After going back to our room as I was watching TV I started to get a headache and realized I smelled horribly like chlorine and my eyes burned from the chlorine as well. I have been to many other hotel pools and don't remember having this problem. I showered and it helped the smell a bit but had to take a second shower in the morning to completely get the chlorine smell off. The bed was very comfortable. We had a great view of the city from our room which I asked for when booking. I also booked the Military Family Rate which is their Bed and Breakfast package at a discount for military families. I realized at dinner that we hadn't received a breakfast coupon and so went to the front desk where the front desk clerk claimed she had never heard of the Military Family Package coming with free breakfast. She made a phone call and whoever was on the other line informed her this was a new package and that 2 adults in each room did indeed get free breakfast in the morning. I asked about my kids and she said they were half price. I told her when I booked it the website said 2 kids were free with 2 adults per room. She said she would call back again in a bit and let me know. She never did so I decided to just wait until breakfast. At breakfast I asked the waitress about it and she assured us the kids were free with this package. Breakfast was very good...there was a buffet with all sorts of great stuff including scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, plus you could order various types of eggs, waffles, french toast, etc. Again the breakfast staff was very good at informing me of what I could eat when I questioned them about the seasoning on the potatoes they had no problem looking up the ingredients for me. Loved that the room had a keurig, mini-fridge, and microwave. Overall, I would stay at this hotel although I would make sure to shower immediately after swimming and might skip the hotel's restaurant for dinner. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for room with a city view, and if possible ask for a corner King room because they are larger th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Always great to hear we have a guest that will definetely return due to their positive experience. But we do apologize about the pool issue. Please know your comments have been passed on to our Dir. of Property Maintenance. Thank you for the very detailed review and the stay tips for our future guests. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We arrived right before a Browns game. Staff helped us to go with shuttle bus to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame right after game started. Front desk staff was amazing. Location is great, price is great, sevice is grat, room also. I would highly recommend this hotel. They go above and beyond. Especially the front desk staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIClevelandDntwn, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
What a feel good review for all of us when we read this. Thank you so very much for the "Great" review and the over the top remarks in regard to our team! They truly enjoy their job and interacting with guests like yourself. And according to your review it shows. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
Troy, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here for the inaugural R 'n' R Half Marathon of Cleveland. In the good weather I enjoyed that time, walking everywhere I wanted to go. Great location for my experience, real close to the ballparks and close enough to the University area and of course downtown. Ten minute walk to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The hotel was clean and the staff there was great! It is maybe just short of excellent only in that it has some age to the building itself. I have to say though the hotel bedding was very comfortable, maybe the best I can remember.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
HGIClevelandDntwn, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We enjoyed having you and all the other runners for the marathon. Please know we have renovations coming up next year so plan on an Excellent stay when you return for next years marathon.
Bucyrus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here after finishing up appointments at Cleveland Clinic. Very welcoming staff and extremely helpful. My son wanted to play games and the console was not hooked up so we asked at the desk and someone came to the room to hook it up for us! Then we had problems viewing the games...(user error on our part) and a gentleman came to help us with that! Friendly staff wherever we were in the hotel. We would definitely stay here again! The room was very clean and it was easy to access parking and hotel entrance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Glad you had a "FUN" stay with us. Thank you for the review!
Santa Ana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was pleased with everything about this hotel. Pricing was fair, internet was free, breakfast was amazing (although not free). Room was consistently clean and perfect and the staff were very kind and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for letting everyone know you had an excellent stay with us. Come back again.
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We never stayed in this part of Cleveland before. This hotel was the closet to our concert venue. We still could not walk, but it was only a 5 minute drive. The hotel was very nice, staff was very courteous and the bed was very comfortable. Even though our room faced the street, it was very quiet. Had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for the very nice review. Glad your experience was positive and thank you for the kind remarks in regard to our team. Happy Holidays!
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

close to everything, safe to walk to around the area at night. the staff is great, the shuttle service was invaluable. clean quiet rooms. i will stay there again. there is a restaurant and a bar in house .google your directions due to road construction

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
HGIClevelandDntwn, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your concert visit. Very good point about the traffic pattern changes. We all hope they get that construction done soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!