“Nice hotel close to Downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Check out the Theater!
Ranked #5 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Dundrum, Ireland
“Nice hotel close to Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here due to its proximity to Downtown and due to my experiences at other Garden Inns. A great hotel, a little dated and not the most pleasing bar but everything was great. Staff are very pleasant, breakfast is excellent, small gym. Free wifi and decent rooms. Nothing bad about it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HGIClevelandDntwn, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for the review and glad you had safe travels back to the Emerald Island home of my ancestors. Please visit us again.

635 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Greensboro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This a wonderful hotel to stay in Cleveland! Great location, great staff and great stay. You are close to every attraction and can experience everything Cleveland has to offer. the staff is excellent and the price is affordable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIClevelandDntwn, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review. Very glad you had a wonderful stay with us. Hope to have you back again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I flew in to Cleveland on October 17th for a funeral. The hotel sent someone to pick me up from the tower center downtown. The weather was wet and cold. When I left on Saturday, they took me back to the tower. The drivers were very courteous. The staff at the hotel treated you like a family member.

If I go back to Cleveland they have my business.

John Harvey Raleigh NC

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Another comment that brings a big smile is when a guest mentions they felt like family. Very happy to know we made you feel that way especially since you were in town for a solemn occasion. Thank you for the review and for staying with us.
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I normally stay at Hilton Properties whenever possible as I am an HHonors member. HGI's are my favorite brand of Hilton. This property completely disappointed me. All of the HGI's I have ever stayed in hae that new fresh look, even if the property is several years old This property had me believeing that this was a previous branded hotel that Hilton bought and turned into a HGI. After speaking with the house keeper she said she has worked there since opening and it was always a HGI.

The place looked tired and worn out. Our toilet seat was broken, though it was replaced, the beds were some of the worst ever I have slept, super soft and springy., Pillow cases smelled like some one else s head had been on them. Bed sheets were never changed through out our 3 night 4 day stay, Blankets were not folded properly, toilet paper was not sufficient, as in less than a quarter roll left each day, same with facial tissue. Bath towels were thread barren, and the request to send up extra's required 3 reminders.

Ice machine was broken on our floor the entire stay, the staff, particularly the females in the restaurant, were slovenly dressed, with a "just rolled out of bed" hair look, no kidding! Poor unfriendly attitudes also.

The charge of $16 a day for parking was a scam to me, parking is controlled by your room key for access into and out of the lot, so, there fore no one staying there would be able to park in the lot, yet the choose to milk and extra $16 daily out of their customers.

May be my experience was the exception and not the norm, but my wife and mother both noticed the exact same things as I did.

The location is great for sporting events at Quicken Loans Arena, Progressive Filed, and even First Energy Stadium, along with Play House Square, the Cleveland Clinic, and University Hospital, though the hotel only offer a shuttle to and from the Cleveland Clinic and not to University Hospital. I was told in no uncertain terms that they were at least 10 to 15 blocks apart, yet found it funny when I was driving down East 105th street, the Cleveland Clinic was on the left side of the road and University Hospital was on the right. My father was in University Hospital for major open heart surgery. Parking fees there are another story all together.

Needless to say I will not be returning to this Hotel. I go back to Cleveland tomorrow and will try the Tudor Arms Hotel DoubleTree.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the front of the building, the back is right next to the interstate and you can se...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Our sincere apologizes for the less than satisfactory stay you encountered. That is certainly not our norm but we appreciate the feedback which we will use to improve where possible. Please know your review has been passed on to the appropriate department heads.
farmington Hills MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is my third stay here so I have a reason for returning every time I come to Cleveland on business every year.
The hotel staff that I encountered were friendly and helpful, including front desk, housekeeping, shuttle driver, restaurant staff and hotel management. After a long drive, it was a nice touch to have some yummy complimentary snacks, and fresh water available near the entrance. My requested room was spacious, clean, very comfortable and quiet for a very competitive rate. The mattresses can be adjusted according to one's preference for firmness so I can always expect to get a good night's sleep here. I had dinner one night at the hotel, and as in the past, it was quite reasonable and offered decent food.
People have mentioned the extra cost for breakfast on prior reviews, but I have found it to be of better quality with more variety, so worth the cost.
When I did want to venture out one night for dinner nearby, the hotel shuttle was a very good and reliable option.
The fitness center looked quite small and my one wish was that they had an exercise bike.
Yes the parking is a bit high for an outdoor lot, however all the hotels downtown charge for parking. The location is very convenient to my business meetings and I will continue to stay here for my upcoming business trips.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Whenever I hear or read that a guest like yourself mentions their stay was like their home away from home I get a big smile and know we did our job. So thank you for the excellent review and we are so glad you keep coming back to your "home away from home". Take care.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I would recommend this hotel for visitors to Cleveland. Well located and staff is extremely helpful. The hotel is conveniently located near Playhouse Square and Progressive Field for Indians' games. We were able to cab it to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and walk to a concert at Playhouse Square.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Come back again and if you do feel free to use our complimentary shuttle service.
Altanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for ~3 weeks M-F in Oct. 2013 and was in CLE for business. Overall I liked the place. It was convenient to downtown and had easy access to freeways. I was impressed by all the staff. They were helpful, friendly and engaging. A special shout out to Dee-Dee and DJ. Dee Dee welcomed me and assisted me with HHonors item and DJ was very knowledgeable and helpful with a minor TV issue. They are both assets to the Hilton family. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIClevelandDntwn, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback and thank you for calling me the other day to discuss more of your experience. That was a big "wow' and greatly appreciated. See you again soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!