If you are arriving from the south via I-71/I-90, this hotel is conveniently located approximately 1 block north of the interstate off exit 172A. Parking at the hotel is $16.00 per night, which is reasonable considering parking rates at the other downtown hotels. Since parking was available in a gated lot immediately behind the hotel, we felt that our vehicle was relatively secure.
While we did not use the public transportation available in the city, the complimentary shuttle made this hotel accessible to many of the important downtown attractions. The shuttle can take you to any location within a one mile radius of the hotel, including but not limited to: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, The Hard Rock Café, Horseshoe Casino, First Energy Stadium (Home of the Cleveland Browns), downtown shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. Progressive Field (Home of the Cleveland Indians) is an easy and safe 1 block walk from the hotel. If you don’t mind stretching your legs, all of the above mentioned sites are within a reasonable walking distance. Be patient and plan accordingly if you plan to use the shuttle, as it runs continuously to various locations throughout downtown; it may take a few minutes to arrive at your location. Make sure to grab the hotels phone number before the driver drops you off, as you will need it when you call them to pick you up.
The nearby food options are great. Rascal House pizza is a local Cleveland favorite, and they will deliver directly to your hotel room (highly recommended). A small sushi bar is located directly across Carnegie Ave from the hotel. The 4th street and Prospect Ave area (a reasonable walk to the northwest of the hotel) provides many restaurant options as well as live music and entertainment. A BP station is located directly adjacent to the hotel if you have the late night munchies.
The hotel actually has a few different eating options on site though don’t expect a complimentary breakfast. If you do buy breakfast at the hotel, the fare is varied and good. Scrambled eggs, southwestern scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles made to order, cereals, toast, fruits, yogurts, and fruit and vegetable drinks are some of the choices available at the buffet. Room service is available, and snacks, drinks, and small toiletry items can be bought at the front desk.
The room was comfortable and clean. Amenities included: flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, free wi-fi, (all of the typical accommodations etc).
The Hotel Staff was extraordinary. Every time I spoke with a representative, I felt that they went above and beyond. The shuttle driver was exceptionally nice and informative. While leaving the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I told the driver that an elderly couple had been sitting out in the hot sun for more than 45 minutes waiting on their hotel shuttle (they were staying at the Doubletree I believe), without question, the driver invited them into the van and took them to their hotel.
One more item of interest; the hotel provided 4 elevators for 12 floors. This small detail, while seemingly unimportant, made our stay even more comfortable. We never had to wait or deal with a crowded elevator. The elevators were programmed to always have one open and waiting on the 1st floor. I thought this was a nice touch to an already spectacular hotel.
We loved this hotel, and will definitely be staying again when we come back to Cleveland. Cleveland Rocks!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown is conveniently located in downtown Cleveland next to Progressive Field. Our hotel has 240 guestrooms, suites and accessible rooms as well as a fitness center, pool and whirlpool. Hold your next business meeting in the Gateway Conference Center, boasting 20,000 sq. ft. of space, full-service catering and AV equipment. After a busy day enjoy convenient parking, a martini at Harvey’s Bar and dinner at the Great American Grill or in your room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Cleveland
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown Ohio