My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in early April 2013. Even thought it was our first time in Cleveland, we found the place easily, as it is right across the street from the Cleveland Indians baseball stadium, and right near the highway. The location isn't bad. 9th Street is right on the corner and all you have to do is walk 3-4 blocks to reach the "downtown" area.
Our room was standard, yet comfortable, with a big king bed and 4 pillows in 2 different firmnesses. We had a small coffee/tea station with microwave and a fridge, which came in handy when we went to the West Side Market (just a 5 minute drive across the bridge). The room came with free wifi, plus if we needed boarding passes printed, we could do so in the business center in the lobby at no charge.
There is a nice small gym and a restaurant in the lobby, but we didn't try either of them. There is also a 'pantry' on the first floor where you can stock up on snacks. Convenient for midnight cravings!
Parking is a little steep @$16/night, but there are unlimited in/out privileges. All you need to do is use your room key to enter the lot. There is a parking lot across the street that seems cheaper, but there are no in/out privileges. Every time you go in, they charge you - $3 before 3pm and $5 after. Directly across the street from the front of the hotel, there are 1 hour parking meters, but you don't have to pay between 6pm - 7am M-F and it's also completely free on the weekends, both Saturday and Sunday.
We found the hotel clean, comfortable, and well located. The staff is also very nice, and it is a family friendly place. It was packed the weekend we were there, so it must be pretty popular. If we are ever in Downtown Cleveland again we would definitely return to the Hilton Garden Inn. It's a great value all around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown is conveniently located in downtown Cleveland next to Progressive Field. Our hotel has 240 guestrooms, suites and accessible rooms as well as a fitness center, pool and whirlpool. Hold your next business meeting in the Gateway Conference Center, boasting 20,000 sq. ft. of space, full-service catering and AV equipment. After a busy day enjoy convenient parking, a martini at Harvey’s Bar and dinner at the Great American Grill or in your room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Cleveland
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown Ohio