“Great for a ballgame” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great for a ballgame”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is conveniently located next to the Progressive Field the home of the Cleveland Indians. The accommodations are spectacular (clean, friendly....). You are literally 5 minutes from your room to the ticket gate. I would highly recommend this hotel for your downtown Cleveland stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the stadium not the highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. Not only are we directly across the street from the baseball stadium but the Quicken Loans Arena is right around the corner where the Cleveland Cavs play and great concerts are held like Bon Jovi coming in March! Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a great hotel, with a reasonable rate of about $90. You get a good deal in your room with the microwave, fridge, (I paid $160 for a hotel in Chicago and didn't get a fridge or a microwave)hairdryer, and the beds are super comfy. There is also a great view of Cleveland's skyline on the 9th floor. The shower head is adjustable (!) and the countertop was very elegant. However, my problem was with the bathroom. I don't know if it was the vent or the soap, but I was allergic to something in there. I sneezed every time I walked in. Other than that, great place, excellent location, nearly a block or two from I-90, Progressive Field was across the street, and right next to the downtown area. Parking was a breeze, too. They have their own lot that you enter and exit at your own pace, with a card.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review. And yes, all our rooms have refrigerators, microwaves, coffee, hair dryers, iron and ironing board along with a great tv channel line up which includes HBO. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope to have you back again!
Overland Park,KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Right across from Progressive Field and 2 blocks away from Quicken, this is a great location is you want to stay downtown. Great front desk staff. Rooms are clean and quiet (if you are on the side opposite the freeway). Parking is behind the hotel. If you need to go out for dinner, you may have to drive, or walk a few blocks.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Due to a reservation mix-up from the hhonnor website, my stay over there on the 10th of Novenber was pushed back to Nov. 18th. Needless to say, that defeated the purpose of making the reservation for the Madonna concert (which also caused the hotel to be completely booked.)

Talking to the staff (Stacy), she was able to get me a room (albeit smoking room, as all the non-smoking rooms were sold out). When we arrived at the hotel, we were bothered by the smoke in the rooms.

After 3 trips from the rooms the lobby, we were actually able to get a non-smoking room (thanks to Stacy again, she's great in accommodating the needs of ours), even though the room was right next to the elevators.

One thing to complain was that there was some drunk tenant who had no self control and knocking on the door of one nearby room... But it's no fault of the hotel or the staff.

Overall, clean rooms, great staff, and very close to the venue of the concert (10 min. walk to Q arena). I'll definitely book rooms there again for my next trip to Cleveland.

Room Tip: away from the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stay here for work and bring others from my company. Normal HGI rooms and solid service. Ask for a even-numbered room on a higher floor for good view facing downtown skyline; odd-numbered rooms face the highway. I do not notice highway noise when I stay here.

Room had good supporting mattress with lots of pillows, coffee maker, iron and board, mini-fridge, flat screen TV w HD, free WIFI, and small microwave. Also nice workout area (used) and pool (didn't use). For an additional workout you can run the 24+ flights of stairs (no joke, I've done it).

Great breakfast---cold and hot items and also cooked to order. I usually get free with HiltonHonors membership (breakfast coupons). Good specials in the bar on game nights. Most any item on restaurant menu can be served in the bar area if you want. They also have a pantry area near the front desk if you need a snack or drink (soft drinks and beer/wine).

I had good service from Tina at front desk, Mike and Meagan in Bar, and especially Martha at Breakfast.

Subway and a Thai place across the street, but they have a nice internal restaurant also.

Pricing may vary based on occupancy, but usually less than the more downtown hotels.

Hotel is approx 3 miles from the Clinic.

Room Tip: Ask for even-numbered room on higher floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
First let me thank you and your coworkers for choosing to stay with us and for being a repeat guest. We sincerely appreciate that! But also thank you for the very detailed and thorough review. Please know your kind words in regard to our team members will certainly be shared with them. Take care.
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here this past Saturday night....were in town for the Madonna concert which was within walking distance to the hotel. Told the front desk clerk I was doing a review on Tripadvisor and asked for a complimentary upgrade....said none were available. The window in our room (#215) looked DIRECTLY onto another roof....horrendous view! Booked the "romance package" which included a King room, a bottle of wine and breakfast for 2. Price was $187 including tax. Parking was an additional $16 in their lot but we parked on the street (free meter parking on the weekends). When we checked in, we did not receive our wine. A few hours after checking in, I realized they did not give us the wine so I called to the front desk and requested it....never arrived....we waited close to an hour. When we left for the evening, we stopped by the front desk, asked for directions to the arena and inquired about the wine. We were told by the front desk clerk that she "forgot" about the wine because the front desk area became "hectic" and she had to ask the manager for the key for the wine location. Asked us if she could send the wine up to the room. We responded "No, we are leaving at this point but will stop back when we return to the hotel". When we returned after the concert, there was a a note IN our room along with a bottle of wine and champagne and a note from a manager (i think) apologizing for not sending the wine to the room when requested. Here is the problem.....we placed the DO NOT DISTURB notice on our door and they still came into our room while we were gone! UNEXCUSABLE!!! We SPECIFICALLY stated we would stop by the front desk when we returned to the hotel and they did not honor that request!!!! So in short....we did not receive the wine at check in, did not receive the wine when we called to the front desk, told them we would stop by the front desk when we returned, and finally, placed the do not disturb on the door and NONE of those were honored!!!! Hotel has a bar which has a liquor license until 2:00 or 2:30 a.m. but was closed when we arrived back to the hotel at 1:00 a.m.....wanted a nightcap (one of the reasons we booked this hotel) but was unable to have one there. Had the breakfast in the morning....fantastic!!!! Highly recommend. The hotel room was small/average size, clean, had a small bathroom with a vanity inside of the bathroom only. Have stayed at many hotels (as my profile indicates) and this one is average at best for location, price and customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a view of a roof and be sure if you book a package, you receive all items at...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I am sorry about the experience you encountered with our desk team member and that she forgot to have your wine delivered at the time you had asked. I can assure you this is not the norm for our staff for we strive to educate our desk team on how we value your business.
When she realized her mistake she tried to compensate by giving you more than the package included but obviously she should have waited for your return. Believe me when I tell you she felt bad about the whole situation for I was working that evening. Our sincere aplogizes!
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Cleveland right across from the Cleveland Indians baseball field. My wife went to see the Madonna concert at the Quicken Loans arena which was only a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. We booked this room via priceline and I guess by default they reserve a smoking room. So, we asked for a non-smoking room which they provided us. I didn’t even realize hotels still had smoking rooms. I’m from Michigan and it’s pretty much illegal to smoke in any building. The parking was $16 and it was convenient where we could come and go during the day. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!