“Good location, friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Check out the Theater!
Ranked #5 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Columbus, Ohio
“Good location, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel several times and have always had a good experience. My last visit was no different. Good location in downtown, close to the interstate and walking distance to the new casino. It will remain one of my "go-to" hotels in Cleveland.

• Stayed September 2012

660 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My friend and I stayed here as we were attending a Brown's game. Now the stadium is not real close, maybe walking distance for the "young at heart" but a cab ride was only about $10. The motel is right next door to Progressive Field - so baseball fans - take note - this is the place you want to stay. The motel itself is nicely appointed - roomy, very comfortable beds - great shower - and most of all - very friendly staff!!! The breakfast buffet is about $11 but it's worth it - lots of pastry and breakfast bread choices, the usual buffet items but also an omelet station. The waitress takes your omelet order and will bring it to your table when ready. We had a small problem with house keeping but it was taken care of quickly. For the price I would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed overnight to attend the World Series of Wine at Progressive Field. The service is good and they have a shuttle to take their guests around downtown until 9pm ish - no cab needed. We had breakfast and it was good. Some friends had dinner and said it was excellent. This is our second time staying there and will go back.

• Stayed November 2012
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for the annual World Series of Wine event. With the event literally across the street at Progressive Field it makes it quite convenient for everyone attending. Also thank you for the excellent feeback and review. See you next year!
Lower Sackville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hi i would like to say what a great time we had in Cleveland and also our stay at your hotel, you all could not have made our stay more enjoyable . I would like to thank the check in staff for all the questions they answered for us , to DeeDee or as i liked tocall her the Christie Brinkley of the Hilton Garden thanks for the fan after my walk . To all the drivers that we had for our bus trips thanks so much , that is a great service that you offer . The breakfast buffet what can i say there was everything that you would want for breakfast and more , and the service was great. All that ican say is that we will be returning when our favorite team starts up again the Cleveland Indians. Thanks so Much . MR Lane

Room Tip: If you are a fan of baseball,football not far from hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of those of us who work and live in Cleveland thank you for your kind review. We are glad you and your group had such a excellent time. Yes, please be sure to visit once baseball season starts back up. As you know we are the closest hotel to the ballpark. Literally a hit away! Go Indians!!!
farmington Hills MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here three nights for business travel and it was my second visit. The first time was fine, and this stay was even better.
Check in-was friendly, and efficient. Loved the free welcoming cookies since I was hungry upon arrival. My requested room that included a microwave/fridge was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed could be adjusted for mattress firmness/comfort. I had some initial issues accessing the complimentary Wi-fi and I received assistance immediately.
I would suggest that on check in the guest can be instructed that a log in is needed to access for increased efficiency.
Had dinner twice in the restaurant and thought the food was tasty, and service was prompt.
Appreciated the restaurant off of the lobby since I didn't want to venture out in the rainy weather.
I had an early morning meeting at a nearby location that was tricky to find, especially in the dark. They assisted me with transportation so I could arrive at my meeting on time. This was very much appreciated. I also liked the shuttle service, that made it very convenient to get around downtown in the evening.
I made use of the hot tub/spa and pool area, which was nice after a long drive.
Might suggest a complimentary continental breakfast as other hotels offer.
I would definitely stay here again when I visit Cleveland for future business trips as I felt at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
We post all reviews for our hotel no matter if their excellent or less than favorable so our team can see how our guest's overall experience has been while staying with us. Your review is much appreciated not only for the kind feedback but for the helpful suggestions. So please your review will be shared with our team and we thank you for choosing to stay with us each time you are in town.
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was in Cleveland for a convention and stayed 5 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn, across from Safeco field. The check-in went quickly. The room was neat and spacious. My only complaint was the restaurant in the hotel. The food i ordered was passable at best. I would also have liked for the mattress to be firmer but that is my problem, not the hotel's.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My father needed to go to Cleavland Clinic, and he is too weak to take the 5 hour trip one way in the same day, so my sister paid for the hotel for me, him, and my mother for 2 nights.
Got there around 2:50pm, no rooms available, but I have reservations for 2 rooms, and they are prepaid non refundable, 3:20pm, still no rooms. ( yes I am worried, got 2 elderly people sitting in the lobby with no rooms for the night, 5 hours from home). Called my sister to inform her she might have flushed her money down the toilet, and I may have to hit the road and go looking for a room for the night. NOW, I'm standing in line to get a room, around 3:30pm got rooms, got in the first room and have my parents settled in. I opened the door for my room for the night and there are suitcases open on the beds and the room is obviously occupied. Closed door quickly !!! called my sister and the front desk and informed them of the problem. NOT happy considering what liability THAT put me in, I am just glad I did not walk in on someone in a compromising position, or something worse. Had to go to a pharmacy, found one about 4 blocks away, traffic horrible and parking is worse, took about 30 minutes to get there and back. My parents were so tired, they wanted to eat and call it a night, so down to the hotel restaurant instead of going out, bad move. The food was not very good but it was expensive. Got up the next morning for breakfast , just how do you screw up eggs and potatoes I don't know, but they did it, the toast was OK. The manager gave me a free breakfast for the trouble I had getting rooms, but it was not worth the price, we did not eat at the hotel again.
I bought my dad some water and a candy bar and had to pay at the front desk, it took 5 or more minutes to get waited on and I was the only one there, and the two people at the desk went to the back to get someone to take my money instead of just taking care of it, weird.
Well, I can't take the chance of NOT having a room for my dad, seeing how fragile he is and we do need to go back to CC at least a few more times but I won't go back to this Hilton, I can't take the chance of not having a room.
sorry guys

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I was the manager that worked with you during your check-in issues and we here at the HGI Cleveland Downtown apologize again for any inconvenience you or your family encountered during this process. As I had stated we had sold out the night prior and it wasn't that we did not have you reservations, for we did, we did not have the specific room types that you had requested clean and ready at the time of your early checkin. I am just glad we were able to get your parents in earlier than our normal check-in time. But for any troubles you experienced inside or outside our hotel we sincerely apologize.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!