“Definitely worth considering if your in town” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
New York City, New York
“Definitely worth considering if your in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown is the ideal part of town to stay in when visiting Cleveland. The location is literally right across the street from Progressive Field which just so happens to be an enjoyable stadium to catch a Indians game. There is a bit of distance between the hotel and The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but the hotel provides a shuttle service to this popular tourist destination among other locations in the area.
As far as the accommodations go, the rooms are plenty spacious, clean and well stocked with all necessary items for your stay. There is a dining area which features a breakfast buffet which is superb, the lounge area is also very nice to relax in for a few minutes in between sight seeing. I especially liked that there was a nice water set up directly across from the front desk and had a large ice water cooler with lemon and lime for patrons passing through the lobby. Coffee and tea were also available complimentary throughout the day. Parking was very convenient and the $16 nightly charge with unlimited in and out service was reasonable. The property also includes a pool area with a Jacuzzi which is worth stepping in to relax if time permits. There is a small but very well equipped business center with two computers, printers, fax/copy machine and a variety of stationary items for guest needs. The fitness center is basically a walk in closet with two treadmills, a couple of cardio machines and some medicine balls, not at all useful for a vigorous workout by any means. The attached bar is called Harvey's and is unclear whether or not it is an actual part of the hotel or a stand alone bar, but nevertheless is a really enjoyable place to grab a drink. Unfortunately Harvey's does not open until 5pm, so an afternoon drink is out of the question, but its more enjoyable in the evening anyway. The staff is very attentive to guest needs and seems to be available at all times.
Overall I would certainly recommend this property to anyone looking to visit Cleveland. It's location and high quality make it ideal for any traveler. I had a positive experience during my visit and I don't plan to visit Cleveland again but if I were going to I would not seek other accommodations I would much rather repeat at The Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: I was under the impression that I would be in a room that had one king sized bed, I instead was plac...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out of your daily schedule to write such a detailed review on your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for staying with us. Come back to Cleveland soon - take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed my stay. The staff were very friendly and the hotel was in a great location and close to restaurants and shopping. The only downside would be that there is a fee for parking which I was told when I reserved was free. No worries though. The room was clean and my time there was very enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in May of 2012 for business at one of the nearby hospitals.

This Garden Inn is located in the southern edges of donwtown Cleveland right across the street from Progressive Field. Overall, the experience I had was quite good. Lobby staff were very friendly. Room service was very good and prompt. Wifi signal in my room was excellent, and the additional plus was that it was free. The room itself I stayed in was very satisfactory and I enjoyed the bed with the personal comfort setting (i.e. where you can control how stiff or soft it is).

A big plus goes to whoever is managing and staffing the breakfast buffet. The items themselves were fairly standard, but the service was excellent. They had coffee and drinks available for self-serve, and all the items were delicious. Very efficiently run with host staff waiting to seat people when I arrived.

Please note that the hotel itself is on the outskirts of downtown, a bit of a walk, though not far. Probably a 15 minute walk to the heart of downtown.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
We are glad to hear of your good experience while staying with us especially where you were able to use our complimentary WIFI and our Garden Sleep System beds. Please know we do offer complimentary shuttle service Monday through Saturday which encompasses the downtown Cleveland area. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review.
Fort Wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

There was a leather appreciation convention going on when we stayed there so there were some strange looking men walking around but everyone was very nice and we never heard ANYONE in the hallways outside the room. I have a germ problem and everything was clean to my satisfaction. The only down side was that you have to pay $16 to park in their lot which I found completely absurd! It was a nice walk from the hotel to the Playhouse Square where we were seeing a comedian. Overall, great stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for writing a review on your stay with us. Our housekeeping staff prides themselves on having the cleanest rooms in town and your great feedback will certainly be passed on to them. I know our parking fee may seem steep but our hotel actually has 1 of the lowest hotel parking charges in the downtown area. We also have our own lot which most downtown hotels do not. If you visit us again look at one of our package rates which includes parking. With a package you'll certainly save $$$! Thank you again and hope to have you back again soon.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Husband and I stayed here one night while in town for the Bruce Springsteen concert. The hotel was right off the expressway, very easy to get to. Parking was in an adjacent lot (fee). It was an easy walk from there to 4th Street for dinner (highly recommend Greenhouse Tavern) and across the street to the arena.
The hotel is actually a stones throw from the baseball stadium so would definitely be convenient if you were in town for a ball game.
The hotel itself was well maintained and staff were friendly. Our room was very clean and beds were quite comfy. Nice bathroom with fluffy towels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your "Boss" concert. We heard he put on 1 heck of a show going over 2 hours straight. Please keep us in mind next time you are in town and thank you for the review.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My son and I stayed here for the recent Bruce Springsteen concert. I booked the room through AAA, and took advantage of their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame deal, which included the room, parking, breakfast and tickets to the Hall of Fame. The hotel was very conveniently located to the Quickens Arena, and about a mile walk to the Hall of Fame. The hotel was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was a nice buffet. There was free WiFi in the room as well. I would definitely stay here again. I liked that the bedding was all white, so you could definitely tell that it was clean (aside from one small burn hole in my comforter, that is!) As an added bonus, we received a 15% discount off our meal at the Hard Rock Cafe with our room key. I was told all restaurants downtown offer this discount for people staying in downtown hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for the review, we appreciate the feedback. Glad you were able to use our complimentary Wi-Fi service. It is complimentary to all our guests throughout the entire hotel complex and one of our many amenities we offer to our guests. Also by you purchasing one of our stay packages you certainly saved yourself some $$$! We offer several different packages, but by far our Rock Hall package is the most popular. Hope you enjoyed the Grateful Dead exhibit now going at the musuem. Thanks again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed here for the recent Bruce Springsteen concert. Great location - walking distance to Quicken Loans Arena. Very friendly staff - Judy the shuttle driver in particular made our night by taking us on some "short cuts," giving us some Cleveland history and having a great sense of humour! The hotel itself was clean and comfortable. Would stay here again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to put out a review on your stay with us, we appreciate it. Glad you were able to use our complimentary shuttle for the Springsteen concert and enjoyed our shuttle driver. She is certainly 1 of a kind! Hope to have you back again. Again, thank you.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!