“Great Hotel & Very Friendly Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
PARK STAY AND GO
Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Atlanta
“Great Hotel & Very Friendly Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Airport during a recent visit to Cleveland. This is a great hotel in a most convenient location.

The hotel's location can be confusing to find if you're driving from the car rental center and using a GPS. Seems like streets that are supposed to be there aren't there anymore! Easiest way to get to hotel from car rental is out to Rocky River, turn left, go up to Puritas and turn left, then go to Grayton and turn left. Watch for hotel signage at traffic light, and turn right. Of course if you're catching the hotel shuttle you won't have to worry about driving!

The staff at this hotel makes such a difference! I wish I had names to share, but truth is, they were all great. Young lady who checked me in found a room for me at 1pm, Margo helped me with information and directions, young man at breakfast cooks a great omelet.

I read in a previous review about "noise" from the airport, but I never heard any noise. My room was quiet, and very clean. I'm pretty picky about hotel rooms being clean!

I turned my rental car in the night before I was leaving and the hotel shuttle came to car rental center to pick me up! Nice!!

My compliments to the management team and the friendly staff at this hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Indianapolis, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Spent one night. Checked in about 11pm. Four guests waiting to check in and only one clerk available.

Room was comfortable and bed one of the new adjustable firmness mattresses. Hadn't slept on one before and it was OK. Linens nice and new. Room was clean. Neutrogena amenities.

Lots of kids soccer and softball teams staying at the hotel. No noise from them, but hotel did make me sign a sort of promise not to be loud and that I'll pay for any damages I cause to the room. NOT a standard Hilton item. I asked the clerk who just said "they make everyone sign it when we're full." I later called and talked to the GM (after we had checked-out) and she also said they have that policy when they're full but couldn't elaborate. Just kind of a slap in the face to two well-dressed people in their 40s who wouldn't be the source of noise (not like the soccer and softball teams running through the halls).

Breakfast was included in my rate. Was the standard made-to-order breakfast with other items on buffet. Very tasty and the staff in the restaurant area were excellent. My omelet was brought to me, even though I was happy to wait.

I would stay here again but be aware of their weird quiet promise paper you have to sign when they're full. It's a little weird.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

I recently stayed here during my recent visit to Ohio to visit family in Elyria. I enjoyed the every aspect of my stay, from front desk, food service, housekeeping to my bed at night which has the greatest pillows :) If I ever come back to Ohio, hope to get my old room again. I will refer everyone here and have decided that I will stay at a Hilton next time I am somewhere that I need a hotel stay. Great job to all staff !!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

I’m a huge of Hilton Garden Inns, and this is consistent with other good ones I’ve stayed at. I browsed over some of the prior reviews, and wanted to add my two cents. First off, it’s an affordable business traveler hotel. I spent several weeks at this location for businesses, and its fine. It’s near the airport but not loud. Yes, the airport across the expressway is audible, but far from loud. Accommodations hit the mark. Again, it’s not a 5-star hotel, but rooms are quite clean and meet expectations. The restaurant is acceptable. But it’s a hotel first with a restaurant (nobody goes to the Hilton Garden Inn specifically for its food), but the menu is diverse enough and the food is just fine. When I travel for work, I want a clean room, comfortable bed, quiet room, nice working space, good internet, and for a reasonable price. This location delivers on it, and in my opinion, does it consistently. ...oh, and since I never had to think about it, it's WiFi signals are great! I never had an issue with it in any of my rooms or loby (stayed there over a dozen times)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

Well normally I dont select airport hotels but I wanted to take a look at an antique car and this was the closest to the cars location. So I got on Essentravel.com and got a terrific cheap rate of $69 for a nights stay. Now folks, when you go to an airport hotel, please be sure to bring earplugs, its quite loud!!

That aside, the rooms were a bit dirty but not too terrible. The bathroom could have used more attention also. I did manage to get a good nights sleep, wow how about that. All in all, a good stay, if airport hotels are your thing then check em out!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Sylvania, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Stayed 3 nights found the staff to be friendly and easily available. Rooms were very clean for a hotel near a major airport, which was a pleasant surprise. I reserved a wheelchair accessible room which we recieved only to find no grab bars and no shower chair. So I called the front desk and asked if they had a shower chair available and they said they did and brought it right up. Unfortunately, I didnt fit in the bathtub it was too wide so basically useless. My spouse made do by just taking a bath, but I was disapointed that the room was basically only sorta handicapped accessible.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Westerly, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

We stayed here on a visit to Oberlin College. The hotel options are many in this area but this proved to be a winner. We rented a car on this visit but it is a short five minute complimentary van ride from CLE airport to the hotel. The hotel is isolated in a small industrial park but this did not prove to be a problem thanks to the rental car. There is a full breakfast buffet with cooked to order items for $10.99 which was reasonable considering the offerings. The property is just a few years old and in mint condition with very comfortable rooms complete with microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The heated pool and hot tub are clean and tidy. The parking lot is very well lighted. We found the employees to be friendly and helpful. We had a bed with memory foam mattress which was unusual for us but proved to be quite comfortable after a little getting used to. We had a room directly next to the elevator and overlooking the airport but did not hear a sound - obviously well sound-proofed. The price is fair for what you get - you would have to search hard to find anything to complain about here. Perfect spot for a night or two.

• Liked — Free, Fast internet. Clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!