“Good and Reliable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 32 hotels in Cleveland
Chicago
“Good and Reliable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

I’m a huge of Hilton Garden Inns, and this is consistent with other good ones I’ve stayed at. I browsed over some of the prior reviews, and wanted to add my two cents. First off, it’s an affordable business traveler hotel. I spent several weeks at this location for businesses, and its fine. It’s near the airport but not loud. Yes, the airport across the expressway is audible, but far from loud. Accommodations hit the mark. Again, it’s not a 5-star hotel, but rooms are quite clean and meet expectations. The restaurant is acceptable. But it’s a hotel first with a restaurant (nobody goes to the Hilton Garden Inn specifically for its food), but the menu is diverse enough and the food is just fine. When I travel for work, I want a clean room, comfortable bed, quiet room, nice working space, good internet, and for a reasonable price. This location delivers on it, and in my opinion, does it consistently. ...oh, and since I never had to think about it, it's WiFi signals are great! I never had an issue with it in any of my rooms or loby (stayed there over a dozen times)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

Well normally I dont select airport hotels but I wanted to take a look at an antique car and this was the closest to the cars location. So I got on Essentravel.com and got a terrific cheap rate of $69 for a nights stay. Now folks, when you go to an airport hotel, please be sure to bring earplugs, its quite loud!!

That aside, the rooms were a bit dirty but not too terrible. The bathroom could have used more attention also. I did manage to get a good nights sleep, wow how about that. All in all, a good stay, if airport hotels are your thing then check em out!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Sylvania, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Stayed 3 nights found the staff to be friendly and easily available. Rooms were very clean for a hotel near a major airport, which was a pleasant surprise. I reserved a wheelchair accessible room which we recieved only to find no grab bars and no shower chair. So I called the front desk and asked if they had a shower chair available and they said they did and brought it right up. Unfortunately, I didnt fit in the bathtub it was too wide so basically useless. My spouse made do by just taking a bath, but I was disapointed that the room was basically only sorta handicapped accessible.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Westerly, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

We stayed here on a visit to Oberlin College. The hotel options are many in this area but this proved to be a winner. We rented a car on this visit but it is a short five minute complimentary van ride from CLE airport to the hotel. The hotel is isolated in a small industrial park but this did not prove to be a problem thanks to the rental car. There is a full breakfast buffet with cooked to order items for $10.99 which was reasonable considering the offerings. The property is just a few years old and in mint condition with very comfortable rooms complete with microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The heated pool and hot tub are clean and tidy. The parking lot is very well lighted. We found the employees to be friendly and helpful. We had a bed with memory foam mattress which was unusual for us but proved to be quite comfortable after a little getting used to. We had a room directly next to the elevator and overlooking the airport but did not hear a sound - obviously well sound-proofed. The price is fair for what you get - you would have to search hard to find anything to complain about here. Perfect spot for a night or two.

• Liked — Free, Fast internet. Clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sioux City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

We booked this hotel the night before because we were extending our vacation at Cedar Point. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. It must have been brand new because the rooms were spotless from the carpet, floors, bedding, to the bathroom. The bed had the new down comforter and pillows...very comfy! We didn't have time in the morning for the free breakfast but our friends did and they said it was good with many choices....eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc. You can't go wrong with this hotel. I'm always happy when it's clean!! :)

• Liked — CLEANLINESS
  • Disliked — had to go around block due to construction
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

I stayed at this hotel because of the Hilton name, reputation and ratings. While staying at this hotel I had a new digital camera stolen out of a bag that was left in my room. My roommate can verify this claim. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the camera had been stolen until I returned to my home. I called the hotel and spoke to the manager. She told me that "they didn't have a theft problem" and the loss of the camera was my problem. She could care less.
I will never stay at another Hilton property again.

• Stayed April 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

We arrived and got a lovely room. Desk personnel were very accomodating. We parked our vehicle for 10 days. No problelm. Shuttle was right there to take and pick us up. On the pick up even offered us water and pulled right up to the car. We paid 79.00 for park and stay. Very good price for 10 days! Room was very clean and quiet.

• Liked — Shuttle to airport
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!