“Follow my directions or you will not find it.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
PARK STAY AND GO
Ranked #3 of 34 hotels in Cleveland
Cleveland, Ohio
“Follow my directions or you will not find it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Had to laugh as I see this hotel everytime I drive I-480 West sice it is on the right hand side at Grayton Rd exit. But I drove down a street that had curves, lefts, rights & construction. Then I read the address again & drove back and saw a sign pointing to Hilton Garden Inn, but you do not see it driving from the freeway, only from Puritas rd. So I follow the street into the parking lot & got a spot in the front. Get my suitcase & computer bag & walk in. I give her my Gold card & Amex. She gives me a key for 5th floor after she tells me she had a better room but it isn't clean. SO I told her I will have a cup of coffee & wait. But she insists I take the key & go look. A nice wood framed room with king bed, a large bathtub that is not a jaccuzzi amd very quiet windows with the airport across the freeway. So I unpack & get my computer out and 2 hours later a party in the hall coming from the elevator had me moving. I take everything down to the desk & a man is there & apologized for me not getting perfect treatment for a Gold member. I am top floor away from elevator & you were 4 doors way but that is not peace & quiet. He even noticed that she gave me double points & not free breakfast. I told him I wasn't asked. So he tells me I get breakfast. I was on 7th floor and a nice view of the airport, freeway, not the parking lot that I had. Very quiet. The king bed has a menu next to it on how to get from hard to soft. It is on the front desk also. You take the left side top corner of the sheet off the bed. Then you will see a square of velcro on the fabric. You peel it open & there is the circle from hard to soft going left all the way. Instant sleep with this bed. Just like mine at home. I guarantee you will love it.

A kuerig coffeemaker with coffee K's & creamer that isn't refrigerated but I did not get sick. Coffee was very good.
The desk has a great chair for computers that keeps you back in line.

70 degrees, so I took my Subway sandwich with ginger ale on ice out to the tables off the parking lot. These are very nice & am guessing part of a bar that was not open. But I loved the warm sun & watching planes coming in. I remember sitting on Brookpark rd watching the planes got enjoyment. They were SO loud but today they are quite quiet to what I remember.

Then had a hot bath & went to bed & slept 11 hours. Went down to breakfast. French toast with carmel & shaved nuts on it. Very good, and the bacon was well done, crispy & Applewood brand. Then danish & muffin were baked there. Excellent for fresh made. Coffee was very good too. Then I am getting a to go cup made as the man walks over to me with a bill for breakfast. I went into the elevator, got my luggage & computer bag & went to my car. I was told I was getting breakfast & that mean free.

Now my directions for first timers: exit I-480 on Grayton road. On left you will see Subway, other stores & Grayton Rd Tavern pull in their parking lot & go far left to EXIT. Turn left off exit & that is Hiltons driveway. To get back to I-480 turn rights.

Room Tip: As I tell folks to Join HiltonHHonors, stay 25 times a year. If you stay 2 days or more, then diffe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We always enjoying having our Hilton HHonors members stay with us and share their feedback! I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our newly renovated patio and enjoy watching the planes on such a nice day in Cleveland!

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Painesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Our hotel stay was great and the location is perfect from the ride to airport. The hotel was very neat and clean it had a great restaurant with good food. The shuttle to the airport was prompt and very helpful. Everyone was very friendly at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It is great to share your feedback with the staff. We do hope to see you again in the future!
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

When I was riding the elevator after checking in I was commenting to another guest about the picture of breakfast on the wall of the elevator and he said " I would not recommend eating here the food is not very good" While going in and out of the hotel that day and the next morning at breakfast that there were very few people using the restaurant area so he must have been correct. The TV programming does not have any premium channels and no Pay Per View, which is odd for a hotel in a major metro area. The mattress is not comfortable and the pillows are like rocks. This is probably the most expensive Garden Inn that I stay in and it is not worth the price. On my next trip to Cleveland I'm going back to the Airport Sheraton which has a good restaurant, bar, and exercise facilities. The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable and they have an executive level courtesy lounge as well as costing less than the Hilton.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at our property. We are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I would be happy to treat you to breakfast on your next visit should you give us another opportunity. Feel free to contact me directly, 216-898-1898, so that I can make the arrangements. We do offer HBO and HBO2 in our channel line-up and would welcome your suggestions for what you might want to see in our premium channels availability. We are always listening! Thank you for staying with us.
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We prefer Hilton Garden Inns of all the Hilton brands, and this one (at Cleveland Airport) didn't disappoint. Despite being near the airport we didn't hear a lot of airport noise, and the place was beautifully maintained. We enjoyed the fitness facilities and the bar and lobby area. But the biggest surprise was the quality of the food at the restaurant and the helpfulness of the wait staff. We went back 3X for dinner—and also for breakfast!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel amenities and our restaurant. Our Garden Bar & Grille staff take pride in our guests enjoying each and every meal and always enjoy hearing compliments commending their hard work! We hope to see you again!
Clarksburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We chose this hotel on the fly & are happy we did.
From the moment we arrived, through breakfast (package deal) and ending with checkout, the staff treated us wonderfully and with pleasant & jovial personalities.

Our room was clean & comfortable with all of the right amenities.

We recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you Brennan O for taking the time to review your stay! We are delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast package as well as your entire experience with us. We would love to have you back any time!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Felix excellent! Salmon was top notch, but brocolli was the best ever. Orzo was good. But salmon and brocolli excellent. Kudos to chef! Food vastly improved over prior stays. Overall, very good staff and dinner good enough to prompt me to review.;-)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Staying in a hotel over a holiday can be a little sterile. I stayed at the Cleveland Airport Hilton Garden Inn at both Christmas (2013) and Easter (2014) this year while in town to visit family--and I felt like I was at home! The staff couldn't have been more warm and welcoming. From housekeeping, to food service to front desk--everyone at this hotel goes out of their way to make everyone as comfortable as possible. the maintenance man stayed after his shift to jump the dead battery on my rental car--on a holiday! Unique combination of commitment, hard working people, and quality service--all at an airport Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

It is always a delight to see you Patrick B! Thanks for choosing our hotel when you visit Cleveland and taking the time to share your sentiments with the Trip Advisor community. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Rebecca Kerrigan

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!