“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Aldergrove, Canada
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The hotel caters to the business traveler. The business center is well maintained and stocked. The staff was somewhat overwhelmed during the dinner hour, but where friendly and courteous. They have a good breakfast service. The rooms are set up to work, which I appreciate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you Joseph W for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We take pride in keeping the business center up to par for our guests to be able to work efficiently and providing an enjoyable meal. I do hope that you visit us on your next trip to Cleveland.

In Hospitality!

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great accommodations at an affordable price. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area. The location is especially convenient for airport travel and the amenities are excellent for business as well as leisure purposes.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MarieD,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to share your great experience. We are proud to be recommended for both leisure and business stays with easy access to the airport. We do hope to see you again in the future!

In Hospitality!
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I've stayed here once a year over the past few years every time I'm in the area for work. I think over the years the quality has declined and the price has increased(not by much).
In general I have stayed at HGIs in the same price category that were much better. Honestly this most recent stay motivated me to create a trip advisor account and start reviewing my stays if not to help other people at least to remind myself which properties Id want to stay in again.

This stay I could hear the guy next door snoring every night(not sure if that was a function of thin walls or a really loud snorer). I found hairs in the bed and in the sink(which I know weren't mine, and if you saw me and the hairs you'd agree they were there before I checked in). I was also surprised by how sadly the toilets flushed. I imagined them saying "oy, not again" any time you pulled the lever.

As for the staff I think it is hit or miss. One of the wait staff is really what I would expect from HGI staff, he was friendly, helpful, courteous, just a pleasure to interact with. I wish I got his name (I think it was Diego? He has a similar accent to my Brazilian friends). That same day I had a conversation with the kitchen staff and they all were also friendly and helpful.
Sadly on my last day there were all different staff, the breakfast order taker I thought was on the edge of being rude though they were busy and the chef kinda saved her by interjecting, and sadly I didn't actually have any waitstaff ever come to my table other than to drop off the entree. Which I'm glad I had complimentary breakfast so I could just leave the coupon and tip and not continue waiting. (Though not sure who the tip went to since as far as I could tell I didn't have a server. Haha)

I also interacted with the front desk a few times which weren't anything terrible, just not what I've come to expect from HGIs from around the world.
Over all not that bad for the price, but will definitely be staying at a different Hilton property next time I'm in town.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear HIltonHonorsHunter,

We appreciate the feedback in which you have shared and do use this to work on consistently improving our service and product. I am disappointed that your stay was not as consistent as you have come to know and expect in the HGI brand. A hotel is defined by the service just as much as the product. . Please trust that we will work to resolve the individual items that you have mentioned. We do hope that if your travels back to Cleveland that you give us a second chance for a first impression.

In Hospitality,
South Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Easy in, easy out. Spacious rooms with all of the required business amenities. Full service breakfast available, for $11. Plenty of parking is available. I really don't have anything negative to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: A room with only one bed is very spacious.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great stay over the Thanksgiving Holiday and weekend
The beds are wonderful, very comfortable the rooms and bath very clean.
Arrived early for our stay 2am. and had no trouble at check in.
The staff is great and very helpful. The kitchen and bar are very nice and modern
Keep up the good work see you next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Wheaton, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This may be timing related but we booked last minute to attend a funeral in the area. Arrived to be told the hot and cold water would not be working in the morning from 9-12. Did we still want our room? At this point we had no time to look at other options. I tried every setting on the bed mattress and just could not get comfortable. Poor night sleep. My daughter found some blood on her pillow so we didn't use it. The towels in the shower area had a bad odor. We were so frustrated. The hotel itself seems fine and the rooms were spacious just left not pleased but had no time to speak to management.

Stayed November 2013
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that we could not provide a positive experience during your stay. I sincerely apologize that when you arrived we were in the middle of resolving some maintenance issues and as a result there was no hot water. I assure you that this issue has already been resolved; however I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went through and I hope that this isolated incident will not deter you from visiting us once again.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

In Hospitality,
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel is fairly new. The decor is modern and cheerful. Rooms are average size; however, the beds are "firmness adjustable" which made for good sleeping. The hotel is not exactly at the airport. It was hard to find in the dark. They do offer a shuttle. There is a nice small restaurant on site offering breakfast, lunch and dinner for a reasonable price. Everyone working at the hotel was friendly and helpful. Hotel was very clean and quiet. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. Those rooms face woods and grass. Front side faces p...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!