“Very good restaurant, "Jackie" was just the best!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
PARK STAY AND GO
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very good restaurant, "Jackie" was just the best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed one night for business, very nice room and very clean and comfortable. The view out of the only window was less than desirable as it was all HVAC piping and equipment, as i was expecting something different from a Garden Inn but overall was a nice place to stay.

Our evening dinner there was an nice experiance and Jackie was very good, her suggestions for dinner and overall service made for a nice evening dining in at the hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: unsure of any recomendations to choose.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Overland Park,KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you need to stay near the Cleveland airport, this is a good option. A little tricky to get to, but if you look for the signs, you will find it. Fast and efficient check in. The gal that was at the desk was informative and complete. Business center was very well stocked and nice. the rooms were well appointed. dinner at the restaurant was very good. Service was fast and attentive.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Leavenworth, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very quiet, nicely decorated rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport. This is an airport hotel very near Cleveland airport and Interstate 480 West. The shuttle to and from the airport takes about 10 minutes and runs 24 hours.

I appreciated the complimentary WiFi and printed out my boarding passes in the business center. I didn't use the fitness center but the jacuzzi and swimming pool are open from 6 am to 11 pm so I used both after my arrival. There are several dining options, the Great American Grill and evening room service but both ended at 10 pm so I didn't get to use them but the pantry and room microwave instead. I guess its possible to call the shuttle to transport you to restaurants within five miles of the hotel but I didn't know of any nearby, though I saw a place called "The Tavern" and a Subway about a block away. It was far too cold to walk!.

My room was a king and if it had a Garden Sleep System bed I didn't notice or use it. It's the standard Hilton room with a work space and lots of outlets to power stuff back up. I was impressed with the high-definition flat-screen LCD television but there were not a lot of channels to choose from. It was a nice enough stay and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Maumee, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is very clean, the staff is great and the breakfast is fabulous! We stayed here for a volleyball tournament. We had a great rate that included 2 breakfast buffets. The double beds are very comfortable for one, but not great for 2. They have adjustable mattresses. When there are two in the bed, its a little like sleeping on an air mattress. Other than that, I love staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Matthews, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

It is very close to the airport with a free shuttle, but that's it's only plus. $179 is a steep price to pay for a room with double beds. The location is limited for food selection within walking distance if you'd rather leave to eat and the best is the tavern nearby.

• Stayed January 2013
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I was disappointed to read from your review that your stay did not meet expectations. I truly apologize if you found our rates to be overpriced. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to take your comments into consideration to improve our property experience. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I begin this review by saying that I booked this stay using HHonors points - so of course I would have something favorable to say, right? The one nice thing I will say is that at least I didn't spend any money on my stay. That being said, I'm also equally disappointed that I couldn't have better spent those points staying somewhere that isn't here.

After a long day of travel, I waited for the airport shuttle - I made the mistake of not reading the website and seeing that I needed to call for the shuttle instead of watching it blow by me at warp 2 - silly me for assuming that a hotel that had the name "Airport" in it wouldn't have a regularly running shuttle. Anyways, after a half hour wait, the driver was more interested in the fact that his shift ended in an hour than the fact that I had been waiting for 30 minutes. When I got to the hotel itself, they didn't recognize that I had paid in points and requested a method of payment - apparently, their system doesn't tell them the method of payment until they get in the account.

The room itself was the only redeeming quality about the stay. Despite the fact that the bed was made of petrified wood, it was actually quite comfortable. The room wasn't spacious by any means of the word...but it was comfortable. The lack of free toiletries were disturbing - many places will at least give you a free toothbrush if you forgot yours, but no such offer was made here. The television was undersized, but I don't suppose many people elect to stay at a hotel for the television. And did I mention the "cooked-to-order breakfast at the Great American Grill" that I didn't decide to savor? Their breakfast buffet, that would be complimentary at its kin, the Embassy Suites, came at the price of $10.95. Well played, Garden Inn. I see your game now.

In summary: Hilton considers this property a "Reward Category 3" property. Based on this stay, it makes me wonder if there is a points-per-hour rate at the "Reward Category 1" hotels. As of the time of this review, the going rate was $110. Don't pay that much for this hotel. This is a great hotel to stay at if you're looking for a crash pad for the night - stay, sleep, and get on an airplane in the morning. Anything more, and you're asking for disappointment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guests to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the Cleveland area.
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Nice experience. Minutes to airport and free shuttle on a regular schedule. The lobby was just redecorated an provided a nice place to sit by the fire and unwind. The staff allowed us access to the fitness center early in the day so we could exercise and make our early morning flights. Neighborhood sports bar within easy walking distance

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!