“Great airport location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Great airport location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very quiet, nicely decorated rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport. This is an airport hotel very near Cleveland airport and Interstate 480 West. The shuttle to and from the airport takes about 10 minutes and runs 24 hours.

I appreciated the complimentary WiFi and printed out my boarding passes in the business center. I didn't use the fitness center but the jacuzzi and swimming pool are open from 6 am to 11 pm so I used both after my arrival. There are several dining options, the Great American Grill and evening room service but both ended at 10 pm so I didn't get to use them but the pantry and room microwave instead. I guess its possible to call the shuttle to transport you to restaurants within five miles of the hotel but I didn't know of any nearby, though I saw a place called "The Tavern" and a Subway about a block away. It was far too cold to walk!.

My room was a king and if it had a Garden Sleep System bed I didn't notice or use it. It's the standard Hilton room with a work space and lots of outlets to power stuff back up. I was impressed with the high-definition flat-screen LCD television but there were not a lot of channels to choose from. It was a nice enough stay and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Maumee, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is very clean, the staff is great and the breakfast is fabulous! We stayed here for a volleyball tournament. We had a great rate that included 2 breakfast buffets. The double beds are very comfortable for one, but not great for 2. They have adjustable mattresses. When there are two in the bed, its a little like sleeping on an air mattress. Other than that, I love staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Matthews, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

It is very close to the airport with a free shuttle, but that's it's only plus. $179 is a steep price to pay for a room with double beds. The location is limited for food selection within walking distance if you'd rather leave to eat and the best is the tavern nearby.

• Stayed January 2013
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I was disappointed to read from your review that your stay did not meet expectations. I truly apologize if you found our rates to be overpriced. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to take your comments into consideration to improve our property experience. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I begin this review by saying that I booked this stay using HHonors points - so of course I would have something favorable to say, right? The one nice thing I will say is that at least I didn't spend any money on my stay. That being said, I'm also equally disappointed that I couldn't have better spent those points staying somewhere that isn't here.

After a long day of travel, I waited for the airport shuttle - I made the mistake of not reading the website and seeing that I needed to call for the shuttle instead of watching it blow by me at warp 2 - silly me for assuming that a hotel that had the name "Airport" in it wouldn't have a regularly running shuttle. Anyways, after a half hour wait, the driver was more interested in the fact that his shift ended in an hour than the fact that I had been waiting for 30 minutes. When I got to the hotel itself, they didn't recognize that I had paid in points and requested a method of payment - apparently, their system doesn't tell them the method of payment until they get in the account.

The room itself was the only redeeming quality about the stay. Despite the fact that the bed was made of petrified wood, it was actually quite comfortable. The room wasn't spacious by any means of the word...but it was comfortable. The lack of free toiletries were disturbing - many places will at least give you a free toothbrush if you forgot yours, but no such offer was made here. The television was undersized, but I don't suppose many people elect to stay at a hotel for the television. And did I mention the "cooked-to-order breakfast at the Great American Grill" that I didn't decide to savor? Their breakfast buffet, that would be complimentary at its kin, the Embassy Suites, came at the price of $10.95. Well played, Garden Inn. I see your game now.

In summary: Hilton considers this property a "Reward Category 3" property. Based on this stay, it makes me wonder if there is a points-per-hour rate at the "Reward Category 1" hotels. As of the time of this review, the going rate was $110. Don't pay that much for this hotel. This is a great hotel to stay at if you're looking for a crash pad for the night - stay, sleep, and get on an airplane in the morning. Anything more, and you're asking for disappointment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guests to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the Cleveland area.
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Nice experience. Minutes to airport and free shuttle on a regular schedule. The lobby was just redecorated an provided a nice place to sit by the fire and unwind. The staff allowed us access to the fitness center early in the day so we could exercise and make our early morning flights. Neighborhood sports bar within easy walking distance

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Erie, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here, both nights, before we flew out and when we got back! We got good rates and we were able to leave our vehicle here. My only problem is...we paid $15 for the park and fly, plus our room rate. Other people that were just here for park and flying (no stay at the hotel) also paid $15. Other than that...we would for sure stay here again!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I just recently returned from staying at this hotel. We drove in from Wisconsin and stayed for 2 nights. First of all, it was a good experience. Not bad, not excellent. Here are some details...
The front desk staff were pleasant and efficient. We never had reason to call with any issues but our check-in/out were easy and fast.
The lobby area and restaurant were very clean. There are a couple of seating areas in the lobby near a fireplace that looked inviting and semi-private. The pool area was clean though needed some updating. Most of the jets in the hot tub did not work, but we still managed to enjoy it.
We ate at the restaurant twice, once for breakfast and once for dinner. Dinner was pretty good with a nice variety on the menu. Our waiter was extremely pleasant and friendly and made sure we were well taken care of. Breakfast was also good (fresh donuts, delicious fruit, good eggs & coffee) but the process was confusing. You show up and don't know if you can get your own food from the window or if you need to order with the one waiter. There were no menu's to be seen. The waiter finally got to us and explained that you can go to the window and place an order with chef and then he will get it to the waiter to bring back to you. I went to the window and no one noticed me standing there for 2-3 minutes. Once we got it figured out we enjoyed our meal.
If you are flying in, the hotel is very close to the airport with no need to get on the freeway between the two. Driving into the city was painless. It took about 15 minutes to get to the downtown area.
The one major complaint we had was that during/after a nasty icy snow that came through as we arrived, the parking lot was never properly cleaned. It was very slushy and messy and also quite slippery with ice. The snowfall ended early in the night, and yet by the time we left 48 hours later it still was a mess.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read from your review that you found our staff was pleasant and enjoyed our lobby area. I do however apologize for the parking lot not being property cleared. Our guests safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I have taken your comments into consideration to improve our on-property experience. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!