“Great if you are flying in/out” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
PARK STAY AND GO
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Portland, OR
“Great if you are flying in/out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night as I had an early flight out the next day. The hotel is easy to find, and is within great proximity to the airport, without being too loud as some airport hotels can be. I did hear a bit of airplane noise earlier in the evening but by 10 - 11 pm it was fine. The hotel is undergoing room upgrades (but not an issue at the hotel), and the room I was in was not one of the newly upgraded rooms, but still was nice and had everything I needed especially for one night. Staff were super friendly and I decided to eat in the hotel for dinner and the food was pretty good too -- they were offering extra Hilton Points for dining on site so it was wroth it. Prices were reasonable. The room was a typical HGI room -- bed was comfortable (can adjust firmness), desk area, large chair. I was happy to find plug ins on the besdide table lamps to charge my devices as well. This is close to rental car facility - 5 minute drive -- and the best part for me was that I didn't need GPS or have to get back on the freeway to get there. It took about 30 minutes from the time I left the hotel, returned the car and had the shuttle arrive at the airport. HOtel had plenty of on site parking as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one evening.

I arrived close to midnight (I had a late flight). You do not even need to get on I-480 to reach the hotel (if you are renting a car). The front desk staff were cheery and helpful answering my questions.

The hotel is undergoing remodeling. My room was a typical HGI room. I do like having the refrigerator. There were a couple of holes in the bathroom door, but I assume this is part of the remodeling project. The bed was comfortable and the sleep quality was excellent.

The fitness room had 2 treadmills, an elliptical, bike and free weights, along with mats and balls. There were plenty of towels, water, and sanitizing wipes. The equipment was in decent shape, although I had never seen that type of bike before, and it was not very user friendly.

I received a free breakfast coupon (Gold member). There was a large selection of warm foods (the scrambled eggs with cheese were delicious). I was impressed with the selection of fruits (the berries were a nice treat).

I did not get to stay in the hotel more than 10 hours, but I wanted to post this review to let everyone know, if you are looking for a hotel that is seriously close to the airport, but not so close that you get the roar of the plane engines, this hotel is definitely for you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were here for business so we had sleeping rooms as well as a conference room. Very nice on both counts. Nice clean lobby and dining/breakfast area. Staff is very nice and helpful. They are undergoing se renovations but that was not a problem at all.

• Stayed November 2012
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a clean, friendly hotel. The breakfasts were fantastic! The staff was really nice and went out of their way to be helpful. The rooms are a bit lived in, but really clean and neat.
It's easy in and out and well located, with great access to the Interstate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Bern, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I've been to nice Hilton Garden Inns but this is not one of them.

It looks nice from the outside and common areas but the rooms are very outdated.

There was a plastic white shower head in the shower that looked like something from the 70s.

Go a few exits west by Great Northern mall and there a several newly remodeled hotels to choose from.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We are excited to let you know that we have just started a full room renovation that will update every guestroom and the lobby which is slated to be completed in the next 6 months. We hope you will consider giving us another try if your travels bring you back to Cleveland.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

If you're traveling in and out of the Cleveland airport and don't care to stay downtown then this is the hotel for you. The price is the same as a 2 star hotel but the rooms are 3 star. The location of the hotel is very close to the rental car return for the airport. The only things I really didn't like about the hotel was that there was no outer window blinds to darken the room at night and breakfast was a little over priced for the quality of food available. The bottom line is that if I'm in the Cleveland area again that I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chico, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This property had an opportunity to prove itself exceptional, but it came up mediocre. The circumstances were that the power failed the evening before we planned to depart and was still out the next morning. When we returned to the hotel about 8:30 the evening the power had already failed. No one asked what time we intended to check out (which happened to be early). We are two 70+ elderlies and I am on oxygen, obvious from the tank I carry and the cannula in my nose. Without elevators in operation, there was no offer to help with our bags on checkout. When we left our room to checkout at 4:45 the next morning, the emergency light batteries had died, and the stairwell was as dark as a cave except for the small penlight we had. With two bags and an oxygen concentrator, it took us about ten minutes to get down the one flight of stairs. Outside, the temperature was about 40, the wind was blowing hard, and the rain was horizontal. Someone had been allowed to park their car in the middle of the covered portico, blocking it for anyone else’s use. When I brought this to the attention of the clerk on duty, she shrugged and related that that’s the way it was when she came on. A little initiative could have had it towed out of the way of scores of other guests in horrible weather. Finally, it would have been a thoughtful touch for the airport shuttle driver or some other employee to offer to help us schlep our gear to our van through the gale, which ended up drenching the inside of our vehicle. It didn’t happen. Exceptional organizations rise to the occasion in exceptional times. The times were exceptional, but the organization wasn’t.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of being aware of our guests’ needs. Thank you for taking the time to field our call to you today as well to be able to personally apologize for the situation. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!