“A Gem!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Place

Washington Place
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleveland
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #6 of 13 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Maryland
“A Gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Every aspect of Washington Place was terrific, from value for money to dining to the quality of the staff. My wife and I stayed two nights in midweek and ate two breakfasts and a lunch there. The house-made granola atop yoghurt was incredible at breakfast, as was the veggie quiche. I give management plaudits for investing in the employment of attentive, cheerful, energetic staff rather than in guest bathrobes or turn-down service with chocolates on the pillow.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed in the Monticiano room. The king size bed was incredibly comfy with down mattress cover and the pillows were plentiful and perfect.

After reading other reviews, I was concerned about the room temperature (we stayed in early March) but our room was toasty warm. Actually, we had the thermostat set down to 66 and it was much warmer than that (but not to our discomfort).

A lot of thought was put into the layout and details of the room. It was spacious and private. It is on the top floor. We could not hear any noise from the restaurant nor did any kitchen smells waft to our room. Road noise was also not an issue. The complimentary waters, cookies and Keurig coffee were appreciated.

My only negative comment regards the bathroom fixtures. The towel bar, toilet paper holder and shower handle were wobbly and felt like they were going to come off the wall.

Breakfast was outstanding. I am appreciative that most brunch items on the menu are included with the room price when you wake there on a Saturday or Sunday. I never heard of monkey bread before but am now a fan. The oxtail pierogi's were fabulous.

Another impressive touch is Inn guests are given prime parking spots in the lot. It was nice to not have to search for a spot or have to pay extra for one.

I wish I wrote down the names of the staff so I could personally thank them. Every single emplyee was pleasant- from the valet's to the people I spoke with on the phone, to the waitstaff, etc.

Room Tip: Monticiano room is lovely. It is spacious, has a king size bed and a very private feel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Medina, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although the boutique style rooms (only 7 in the inn) are unique and attractive, overall my wife and I did not have the best night's sleep. Regulating the heat/ac was a challenge (but the front desk did respond to our call on this) and the bed was not as comfortable as we would have liked. Having a 'free' brunch certainly helped make up for the downfalls with the room.

I suggest that you stay here for the food, and you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Make sure you book well lin advance as the inn fill up rather quickly for weekends.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Willoughby Hills, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our daughter gave us a gift certificate for weekend night & brunch @Washington Place for Christmas. We loved our room! The bedding was wonderful!!! The room & bathroom were sleek, clean & comfy! We had a delicious early dinner at the bar walked up to our room to get our coats to go out....instead we relaxed, enjoyed our room & had a great nights sleep! The brunch the next morning was fabulous! We look forward to returning again.

Room Tip: All the rooms have the same decor & furniture. We had no trouble with any noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and we really enjoyed it. It was in a pretty little neighbourhood that was close to restaurants and small galleries. The rooms were large, bright and clean and the food was amazing. Breakfast and parking was included and the breakfast is not your typical hotel breakfast - the food here is high end and delicious. Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms and they were both great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I'm a fairly frequent traveler who tries to avoid chain hotels and restaurants. The Washington Place is a visually charming place - ultra-modern lounge, well-decorated rooms with detailed stone-tiled bathroom walls and a glass-surround shower. With the attention of detail afforded to everything, I was amazed to see the lack of detail extended to the purpose of staying at the Inn, namely sleep. I stayed in the Cinque Terre room, which is located on the front of the building, and although I could eventually sleep over the sound of traffic passing the front of the building, that would assume I would even get to sleep. The bed was relatively hard and the pillows were so below average, I thought I was sleeping at a KOA campground. The Inn could easily be an excellent sleeping destination for the University Circle, Case or the local hospitals, but please do something with the beds and pillows.

Room Tip: Bring a pillow and avoid rooms away from the front of the building.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011 via mobile

The rooms are lovely and spacious and well appointed. Both my meals were perfect. I highly rec the espresso martini, Mack and cheese, veggie terrine, and the monkey bread at brunch. The place is a true gem!!! Kudos to the staff and management for such a great job!!!

• Stayed December 2011
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Washington Place? Share your experiences!