“I dont like surprises!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Cleveland
dayton, United States
“I dont like surprises!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

To my surprise I was an additional $200 was held on my debit card without prior notification. I was on a government business trip and the the unexpected amount along with the hotel fees and taxes excedded my funds advance which resulted in an overdraft on my account. Good thing i had my own personal money otherwise I would have starved that whole week because my money was held up due to the unexpected fee the staff failed to mention at check in.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Tudor Arms. The most important thing to me is a clean room. This was very clean and fresh. I think there was a recent renovation and it really showed. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Somehow we ended up with a Handicapped room and it was HUGE. I would suggest staying in a room fart...
cleveland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was our first stay in this hotel. We found everyone involved to be very kind and helpful. The room was very comfortable. I have a little trouble with stairs and without me asking a man help me go up The hotel is interesting historically and I really liked the crystal room. The colors are beautiful.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was a nice place to stay in Cleveland. The location was superb. The room was large for a hotel room and quite nicely furnished. The bathroom was updated, marble and a great shower. The problem with the room was the door to the bathroom was a sliding door that wouldn't stay on its slider. The restaurant where we had breakfast was newly opened and couldn't seem to serve toast and juice at the same time as the omelet from the omelet station. The omelet itself, though, was as good as I've had any where if not better. The first night we arrived, we opted for valet parking, even though the parking was right next to the hotel, mostly because we had luggage and it was pouring down rain. We didn't use their parking for the subsequent three nights, yet they had it on our bill when we went to check out. I protested and they removed the extra charges off my bill, as they should have. OH! The best part was the comfort. The bath towels were very soft and luxurious. The bed and the bed linens were the most comfortable I've ever slept on in a hotel. Magnificent! Overall, we were quite pleased and we would stay there again. They have a few wrinkles to iron out, but for a good night's rest, it was great. I wish I had an option to vote "good" instead of either average or very good because some of the features weren't very good, but they were above average.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steven P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our hotel. I understand that you stay with us was not all that you expected and for that I am truly sorry. I apologize that there were some additional valet charges that you did not expect. I can assure you that we never want to intentionally mislead our guests in any way. I am delighted to read that you found comfort in your room and that you enjoyed the various amenities in it. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel that they are getting a good value.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience you went through during breakfast and billing at check out. I would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions at steven.pittman@hilton.com.
Cleveland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

A pretty room is not as important as a functional room. The room was extremely dysfunctional, the small trash cans were divided into two compartments, one for recyclables and one for regular trash, neither of which was large enough to actually put any trash into. The sink was an on top of the counter type, which took up all the counter-space, so there was no room for personal toiletries. There was no refrigerator. The room was either hot or cold as the thermostat did not seem to work and the system was always on, either heating or cooling. Not to mention that the hotel smelled horrible. In short it was the worst hotel stay I have ever had. I wouldn't stay there again, if you put a gun to my head. I have had much better stays at far less reputable properties, I was extremely disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my personal apologies for the disappointments you experienced with the amenities in your room, coupled with the a/c and heating system not working properly. I would be delighted if you would be able to contact me personally at steven.pittman@hilton.com in order that I may discuss with you your stay in more detail.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you
Kentucky USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We had to make a trip to the Cleveland Clinic, so I searched for hotels nearby. This hotel was right in the thick of all the medical buildings. The price was perfect. The hotel was clean, and beautifully decorated. It has so much charm. I can't say enough about the staff! They went above and beyond the call of duty. So helpful with everything. They even recommended several restaurants nearby and showed us menus on their computer to help us decide. Then they told us to leave our car here and they would transport us with the hotel shuttle! This hotel should be the first choice for anyone going to the Cleveland Clinic! Just Wonderful!

Room Tip: We had a corner room that was far away from the elevator. Super quiet!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am so delighted to read that we succeeded in exceeding your expectations. It is rewarding to read that the team efficiently and graciously assisted you throughout your visit and that you enjoyed the hotel’s location. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future!
superior, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Some of the best and friendly, helpful staff. Beautiful room, very clean. The valet staff goes out of their way to insure your transportation needs are met. the rooms are modern with a walk in shower. The wood floors are a nice touch

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are delighted you had a wonderful experience and thank you for your comments about our team members and service. We appreciate your family member recommendation and your review. we look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!