“It's Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Cleveland
Mechanicsville, United States
“It's Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

A wonderful hotel with extremely helpful, pleasant, accommodating, and professional employees. A great mattress for sleeping and clean rooms and bathrooms. I would not stay anywhere else in Cleveland. Get Steve to take you on his Wednesday evening tour of this historic facility.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us on tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you found comfort in your bed and that you enjoyed the various amenities and the tour that I offer Monday thru fridays. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service team. I will certainly share your remarks with the entire staff as I am sure they will be equally pleased learning of your appraisal of their efforts to meet your needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Columbus, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

For $147 it wasn't a bad deal. Lovely check in with Lucresia (sp?) who could not have welcomed us more warmly. The exterior of the hotel is just meh, but the lobby is lovely and the room was super-spacious & clean. Two issues: the windows don't open to provide fresh air, which was particularly important given that the HVAC wasn't functioning properly. Secondly, it was pretty easy to hear other guests and their TVs. We got in late & left early so it wasn't a huge problem but I was very surprised at just how much of their conversations were distinct.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.
Prestonsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a great place to stay in Cleveland, particularly when traveling to Cleveland Clinic. It is a beautiful place with all the amenities you may need or want. Staff is very helpful and so very courteous. This hotel offers a special rate for those traveling to Cleveland Clinic, a wonderful service. We've stayed here twice and plan to stay again. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to learn we exceeded your expectations and thank you for your kind comments about our staff and location. We appreciate your feedback and your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Second stay at this hotel. Both due to a required surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. This hotel is listed by the Clinic as one of their 'partner' hotels. The restaurant food and service is quite good. The front desk employees upon check in and departure each stay were friendly. The most concerning issue for us: the overnight front desk employees. These 2 clerks, both males, were entirely inappropriate. One of them, I don't know his name, was of no help at all when I told him at 4:10 a.m. ET that the desk clerk, upon our check-in the night before, had notified the hotel shuttle staff we would require the shuttle to take us the 0.3 miles to the Clinic for my husband's surgery. He simply grunted at us and said the other clerk had to help us. This clerk, named "Raj", was slumped over the desk looking at papers with 2 visitors to the hotel asking him questions about room availability. We patiently waited - we knew Raj had heard the exchange with the other clerk. After about 10 minutes, I asked Raj if he would alert the shuttle driver for us. He ignored us totally. Noting the time, I asked the first clerk to please call for our car. That was the better experience of our 3-night stay this visit. My husband was kept overnight on the evening of Feb. 17. At 7 a.m. ET (shuttle hours officially begin at 7 a.m. ET), I walked to the front desk - which was completely free of anyone except the same 2 male clerks from the morning prior. I asked clerk one if the shuttle was available to take me to the Clinic (I had left my car parked there overnight for convenience of picking up my husband later in the day of 2/18). He looked at me with a blank expression. I stepped in front of Raj and asked him the same question. Now, to make matters even more interesting, it had snowed nearly 5 inches overnight. Raj, with a look of total disdain and annoyance that I had interrupted whatever it was he was not doing, actually raised his voice at me and said the shuttle had just left and would not return until 30 minutes. I told him this was unacceptable given there was no notice that the shuttle only operated on an every 30 minute interval. The Cleveland Clinic is a world-class medical institution and we received the best service, attention and care anyone could hope for. I asked Raj to please call a taxi for me. I waited while he stood there looking down at his counter. I waited for what seemed an eternity knowing he was not going to help me. Finally, after about 5 minutes, I told both of these inattentive clerks that I would WALK to the Clinic. That is what I did. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I am in Cleveland frequently with business travel and know the city well. I will also let the Clinic know how we were treated by these 2 clerks. The hotel has many good features and there are some staff there who take guest services seriously. However, at a time when we needed the much-advertised assistance of a simple shuttle service to the Clinic, this service was not only not available, but the employees were rude, inattentive and even threatening in their approach to me.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your review is very troubling and will certainly be looked into. I would like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience. I would invite you to contact me personally by email at steven.pittman@hilton.com or by telephone.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The suite is surprisingly spacious with two queen beds, microwave, refrigerator and great views from 6 windows. We love it. The location is convenient to Case Western University, Cleveland Institute of Art and Music and Museum of Art.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you found comfort in your room and that you enjoyed the various amenities in it.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed at the Tudor Arms while our son was recovering for surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. The hotel was affordably priced and close to the Clinic. A shuttle made it easy to get back and forth without a car. The staff was exceptionally kind because they know that many of their guests are going through a difficult time. Lucretia and Darrell were particularly helpful. The rooms were clean and attractive though bathrooms were very small and counter space limited. The breakfast buffet was adequate but the restaurant was food. Their fish sandwich was really good

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
We are delighted you had a wonderful experience and thank you for your comments about Lucreisha, Derrell and staff service. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back
Cleveland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Well. My stay was a memorable experience. I was impressed at how well an old hotel was made to be so very comfortable. Where should I start. I guess I'll work backward - The bed: Super comfortable. Pillows: Lots of them and of excellent quality. Sound: Dead quiet. In fact, the Tudor was probably the most quiet hotel I have ever stayed at. The TV: Junky channels, and no Pay 4 view - so what. Internet: Worked really good; however, I didn't use it much. Bathroom: Plenty of hot water, two sinks, and loads and loads of big, soft, clean white towels - better than those other two high dollar hotels nearby. Staff: Okay. Floors: No rugs (is that a good thing?). Coffee: Great!. Windows: small, old, frosted with ice in February. Cost: Not too bad. Location: Nice. Other: Two hot cookies when I walked in> Would I stay again: Yes.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing your excellent experience! Our staff works hard to exceed guest expectations and it is so rewarding to read about your most recent stay. Come back soon!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!