“Nice Updated Old Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice Updated Old Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here while my wife was having heart surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. Located within walking distance to all Cleveland Clinic main campus buildings. Wonderful staff, old building, but very clean and updated large rooms. (yes, the hardwood floors were cold!!)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and all of its unique amenities, and that you found the hotel’s location convenient. Thank you for your kind words especially about our team members. We will look forward to serving you again, when your next travels bring you to Cleveland

485 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Rochester, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I am on-line to book a room near Cleveland Clinic again. The Tudor Arms hotel was suggested and I just realized we stayed here when we were at the Clinic this past summer, but never left a review. I am online to book something near the Clinic again and am conflicted about staying here. I will probably not book a room here again for one reason -- the bathroom was painfully small. It's absolutely fine if you are just coming and going and absent any intestinal concerns. However, it is those concerns that bring me to the clinic, so this place was uncomfortable for me. On the positive side, the staff was super helpful, the valet was great, we never had an issue with getting our car and coming and going, and we could have used a hotel shuttle as well. I needed to receive packages during our stay and that was also handled perfectly. My husband said the hotel food wasn't the best or the worst, but he travels for work a lot and says that is usually the case with hotel restaurants. The room was really nice! Beautiful window, (no view) and the inside was very contemporary and well-appointed, even the bathroom. And my favorite part -- solid flooring throughout, no carpet! (There is wood in main area and beautiful artistic tile throughout the modern bath) Why oh why do we have to stay in hotel after hotel with other people's dirt embedded in the carpet :-( I thought it was just my pet peeve, but clearly someone here gets it! Uh Oh, I may have just talked myself back into staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
It's great to read that you were treated so well during your stay with us! We take great pride in the level of service that our hotel is known for! I will be sure to share your review with our team and we hope to see you again soon!
Findlay, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The location of this hotel was perfect! The front desk was very helpful, the entire location was clean, and I had very little trouble finding the hotel. I was not thrilled to have to pay for parking, but considering parking is limited in this area, I was not surprised. The room was absolutely gorgeous and so very comfortable. I had a great trip and one of the highlights was this hotel. What a treat! I would say this is a great hotel for adults- business, couples, friends, or staying solo. I did not see anything about this hotel that would really appeal to a child.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you found comfort in your room and that you enjoyed the various amenities in it. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service team. I will certainly share your remarks with the entire staff as I am sure they will be equally pleased learning of your appraisal of their efforts to meet your needs. Your patronage is highly valued. We will look forward to serving you again in the very near future.
Cleveland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We traveled to Cleveland or a weekend trip and booked the Junior Suite as we had four adults (parents and two adult children) who were able to spread out. The sleeper sofa was handy as it allowed my kids to have a bed to themselves. The view from our eighth floor was great. It was high enough that you really didn't hear the traffic below. Only drawback was the parking, but we'd stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you found comfort in your room and that you enjoyed the various amenities in it.Your patronage is highly valued. We will look forward to serving you and your travel companion again in the very near future.
Alliance, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

At one time, the Tudor Arms Hotel was probably a great hotel. There is still enough charm, particularly on the 2nd floor, to make this an interesting place for small groups to stay and meet. It is very close to the Cleveland Clinic and several museums, including the Cleveland Museum of Art and Severance Hall. Case Western Reserve is nearby.
But for my part, I wasn't crazy about the hotel, mostly because of its age. Breakfast is buffet style with standard fare (not fancy). I thought the housekeeping was very nice. My room was spotless with some luxury.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.
Wentzville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great place to stay . Everyone is friendly and helpful. This stay would have received an excellent rating but it lost out due to the housekeeping. Our room was not cleaned until 5pm both nights. Only half of the amenities were refurbished. We even gave her a break to not fix the bed and still went thru the suite in less than 10 mins. The only othe thing I wouldrequest is not the 5th floor the outside lights were a beacon in the bedroom.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the staff interaction and condition of our suite. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and the issues you mentioned have been discussed with our team. Moreover, we will make sure our team delivers the highest service standards. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to make your stay the best it can be.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Although the service at the front desk was friendly, our room was not cleaned to the standard one would expect of a Hilton. We found nail clippings on the floor left from a previous guest in one room and Cheerios and dust bunnies in another. Needless to say, we left after one night. Beds were comfortable and clean, but that kind of housekeeping oversight shocking given the price of a room. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I understand that you were not completely satisfied and do apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. I sincerely apologize and assure you that your experience does not reflect the level of standards we strive to provide all our guests.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!