“Doubletree Tudor Arms Cleveland” 5 of 5 stars

Rock Hall of Fame Weekend
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Barnesville, Ohio, United States
“Doubletree Tudor Arms Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, with wonderful historic features. The staff is among the friendliest that I have encountered. The only thing I didn't like was that the hardwood floors were difficult on the feet, would have preferred carpet, but they were beautiful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your excellent experience! Our staff works hard to exceed guest expectations and it is so rewarding to read about your most recent stay. Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Coppell, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Lovely historical building, beautiful art deco décor, rooms remodeled with hardwood floors. Excellent wireless, internet access. Convenient restaurant/bar. Outstanding, attentive staff for check-in check-out, and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and all of its unique amenities, and that you found the hotel’s location convenient. Thank you for your kind words. We will look forward to serving you again, when your next travels bring you to Cleveland.
Crystal Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I usually stay more east of Cleveland, but rates were a bit high out there in early October. I decided to try this "new" Doubletree, because the rates were lower and getting across town is fairly easy.
Everyone here has already remarked on the building. It is really unique...wide hallways, rich woodwork, striking architecture. The rooms are modern, with wood floors and chic decor. The A/C unit in my room was a little different than most Hilton rooms have. It was mounted high on an interior wall by the bed. It's kind of like a window unit, but it doesn't need a window. This one has an oscillating vent that sort of sweeps the cool air around. Bottom line, it blows right down on the bed like a ceiling fan. Personally, I like the cool breeze while sleeping, but some might not. You would have to turn the unit off to avoid the air blast. They most likely use these systems because of the historic building aesthetic.
I mistakenly parked my own car in the nice lot to the west of the hotel. At check in, I realized I should have just valet parked. I had to go find a Valet outside, ask him for a parking form, go back to the car, write down my car info, put the white copy on the dash board, give the pink copy to the Valet, and give the yellow copy to the front desk. Seemed like a lot of running around. I was happy I didn't have kids or a sick family member with me. They need to streamline the parking thing.
Their Greek restaurant was good, service could be a bit more attentive. I sat with an empty cocktail glass for about 10 minutes. Not a big deal. Food was tasty.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wow, thank you for sharing your thoughts about our location on Trip advisor! We couldn't agree with you more; we love our location, history and amenities our hotel have to offer. we are in the University circle district area near Cleveland clinic, Case Western University and museums. Thank you for your comment about streamlining the valet and self parking. your great idea is something we are actually working on at this moment. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future!
York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here with my parents while we visited a relative who is spending some time at the Cleveland Clinic. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

First, my uncle had been staying there for several weeks, but had to return home. The hotel, which was sold out for the weekend we stayed, was able to transfer his prior reservation to us with no trouble. Then we needed two queen beds instead of a king - again, they accommodated us with no troubles. Then we needed a late check-in (we were worried they'd give our room away since we weren't arriving 'til very late and they were already overbooked) which was accomplished with a phone call. Additionally, I believe we got a special rate for family of people at the Clinic.

Check-in was a breeze. We used valet (we did hear someone say that self-park was full and valet was the only option...but we didn't try to self-park so I can't really comment on that). While checking in with one employee, another came over and introduced herself as the one that spoke to me on the phone...can't believe she remembered the conversation, but goes to show that they are paying attention to details. We got the delicious chocolate chip walnut cookies, which hit the spot after 7+ hours on the road.

The room was very nice and very modern. The rooms have hardwood floors throughout, which isn't something I've seen very often. Watch out for the bed corners, though...they are brutal! My mom and I both whacked our shins on them.

The bathroom (at least in our particular room) did not have a tub - just a shower where the door doesn't close. Looks nice but makes for a wet floor. There was a dual shower head, though, which was quite enjoyable. Getting extra towels was no problem - they were in our room within a short time of asking for them. The toiletries were Crabtree & Evelyn.

We had the breakfast buffet, which was (I think) $13 a person...but it was DELICIOUS. Made to order eggs or omelet are included. They had bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, caramel walnut french toast, and all the other continental breakfast fixings. Everything was exceptionally good for buffet food! And our waitress - wish I had caught her name, because she was an absolute sweetheart - deserves a raise! A+ to the staff there.

We were able to park all day at the hotel on the date of check-out, and they held our bags for us as well. We also were able to use the shuttle after check-out. (Speaking of the shuttle...major kudos to the driver - he was always friendly and helpful. We always called 10 minutes before you plan on taking the shuttle like they request, and had no issues. Just ask for a schedule when you get there and they will explain how it works. It isn't a loop - they only stop if they know someone needs picked up (besides the hotel itself, which it stops at every half hour) so make sure you call! They also take a break in the afternoon for about 2 hours where it doesn't run at all. Just make sure you look at the schedule and you'll be fine).

Overall, the staff here were AMAZING and the room was nice to boot. Would definitely stay again if my travels find me to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your observations and comments about your recent stay. We really appreciate guest feedback. We couldn't be more grateful for your comments regarding our staff. We work hard to exceed guest expectation and it is our pleasure to make your experience the most memorable. Thanks for your kind review!
Cleveland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel was at a good location, but the service was terrible. As a diamond member, I expected complimentary bottles of water and breakfast vouchers as I have been getting at other Hilton locations but I've called several times to the concierge and it took forever to get them. Also, the cleaning crew barely cleans anything in the room leaving it feeling grungy - from my stay, all that was done was making the bed and replacing the towels. There was still trash in the trash can and an empty tissue box was never replaced.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my personal apologies for the disappointments you experienced with the quality of your room, coupled with the lack of service from our staff. These clearly did not meet the standards we strive for, and I would be delighted if you would be able to contact me personally at steven.pittman @Hilton.com in order that I may discuss with you your stay in more detail.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at the Double Tree Tudor Arms. It is close and within walking distance to Case Western Reserve University and University Circle. We plan to continue to stay here as long as our daughter is a student at Case Western. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful. The food at the hotel restaurant is great.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted you had an excellent time and that you enjoyed the Hotel's amenities and restaurant. Thank you also for your kind comments about our staff and service. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.
Canfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Everyone was very patient and kind and accommodating. i was very impressed with your staff- especially the young lady who checked me in and out! We were in Cleveland for my father's procedure at the Cleveland Clinic. We were very stressed and the staff went out of their way to assist us.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!