“beautiful hotel at very reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
LaSalle Ontario
“beautiful hotel at very reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Let's get the only negative aspect of this hotel out of the way right off the bat, ( I stayed there to watch my Tigers beat the Indians, so pun intended! ) the location is not the finest neighbourhood in Cleveland. That being said, I would definitely stay at the Arms again. This is one of the most unique hotels that I have ever stayed in. Historic age, building materials, and architecture. The ballrooms are like something out of a period movie set. Take your time while strolling through the hotel to stop and notice the many interesting design touches. Our very large room was extremely-well appointed and decorated. ALL of the staff were very courteous and efficient! My breakfast of a fruit tray with yogurt was fresh, enormous, and very reasonably priced. You are only 4 miles from downtown Cleveland, so it is not as if you are in the boonies! At our corporate rate of $140.00 for our stay, I would consider this hotel to be of very good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your observations and comments about your recent stay. We really appreciate guest feedback. We couldn't be more grateful for your comments regarding the history and the architect of our hotel. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future. Thanks for your kind review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Buffalo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our 1st stay at the Double Tree, and couldnt have been happier. The arrival started a bit shaky, as the off street parking isnt accessible from the "front" of the hotel. That was the only drawback. The hotel areas and room was beautiful and spotless. Staff were all professional and courteous. Definitely on our short list of places to stay in the Cleveland metro area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience! Our staff works hard to exceed guest expectations and it is so rewarding to hear about your most recent stay. Come back soon!
Glenview Gal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Huge rooms (for a hotel), excellent furnishings, comfortable beds (and I am picky), timely shuttle to Cleveland attractions including Little Italy. Staff was very responsive and eager to please. Thank You!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It is rewarding to receive such great comments on the amenities our hotel have to offer and also the service our staff provided to ensure your wonderful stay. We appreciate your feedback and we are delighted you will stay with us on your next visit to Cleveland.
Lexington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel was very clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the room also had a fridge and a microwave. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful when we had questions or needed a taxi. It is within a mile of the Museum of Natural History and the Museum of Art in Cleveland!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

thank you for sharing your thoughts about our location on Trip advisor! We couldn't agree with you more; we love our location, history and amenities our hotel have to offer. we are in the University circle district area near Cleveland clinic, Case Western University and the museums that you already mention. Thank you for your warm comments about our attentive service staff. Your loyalty is highly valued. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future!
St Louis,Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed here twice now. Once in August to drop off my son at Case and once again for Parents weekend. Both times were equally enjoyable. The first time we had a suite with 2 queen beds and a living room with a small kitchenette. The room was huge. The bathroom was enormous as well. The hotel was very quiet and comfortable. Beds soft and comfortable. Breakfast was included. It was a wonderful buffet with all you need for a healthy start to the day. I happen to love the oatmeal served at all the Hilton Brand hotels! The staff was all very friendly and professional. The second stay was a room with a king bed and it was just as nice. Smaller but it was just me so that was fine. The valet parking was very prompt and we never had to wait long for the car. If I am in Cleveland again to visit Case this is where I will be staying.

Room Tip: If you need extra space get a suite!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Double By Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and that you found the hotel’s location convenient. Thank you for your kind words especially about our staff. We will look forward to serving you again, when your travels bring you to Cleveland.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Most gorgeous hotel I have ever stayed in. Amenities are upscale as are all the room furnishings. Very, very clean and everything in it's place when we arrived. Staff went out of their way to make sure every request or need was met. I only wish I could have stayed longer & enjoyed more of what the hotel had to offer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
It is rewarding to receive such great comments on the attentive service staff provided to ensure your wonderful stay. We appreciate your feedback and we are delighted you will stay with us on your next visit to Cleveland.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Tudor Arms for 5 weeks while relocating from Chicago. My room was great, the historic building is beautiful, and the entire staff from front office, housekeeping, valet, and the bar were extremely friendly and really made me feel at home throughout my entire stay. I had a chance to sit down with the Front Office Manager, Steven Pittman, to share some of my great feedback regarding his team and the hotel, and he went above and beyond to make sue that I was treated well and that all of my charges were posted correctly because of my unexpected length of stay. I have worked in hotels for the past 15 years and I can say with confidence that if you are traveling to Cleveland, this is the hotel to stay at.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your observations and comments about your recent stay. We really appreciate guest feedback. We couldn't be more grateful for your comments regarding myself and our staff. We work hard to exceed guest expectation and it is our pleasure to make your experience the most memorable. Thanks for your kind review!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!