“Comfortable and convenient for visiting Case Western Reserve University” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel

Rock Hall of Fame Weekend
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St Louis,Missouri
“Comfortable and convenient for visiting Case Western Reserve University”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed here twice now. Once in August to drop off my son at Case and once again for Parents weekend. Both times were equally enjoyable. The first time we had a suite with 2 queen beds and a living room with a small kitchenette. The room was huge. The bathroom was enormous as well. The hotel was very quiet and comfortable. Beds soft and comfortable. Breakfast was included. It was a wonderful buffet with all you need for a healthy start to the day. I happen to love the oatmeal served at all the Hilton Brand hotels! The staff was all very friendly and professional. The second stay was a room with a king bed and it was just as nice. Smaller but it was just me so that was fine. The valet parking was very prompt and we never had to wait long for the car. If I am in Cleveland again to visit Case this is where I will be staying.

Room Tip: If you need extra space get a suite!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Double By Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and that you found the hotel’s location convenient. Thank you for your kind words especially about our staff. We will look forward to serving you again, when your travels bring you to Cleveland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Most gorgeous hotel I have ever stayed in. Amenities are upscale as are all the room furnishings. Very, very clean and everything in it's place when we arrived. Staff went out of their way to make sure every request or need was met. I only wish I could have stayed longer & enjoyed more of what the hotel had to offer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
It is rewarding to receive such great comments on the attentive service staff provided to ensure your wonderful stay. We appreciate your feedback and we are delighted you will stay with us on your next visit to Cleveland.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Tudor Arms for 5 weeks while relocating from Chicago. My room was great, the historic building is beautiful, and the entire staff from front office, housekeeping, valet, and the bar were extremely friendly and really made me feel at home throughout my entire stay. I had a chance to sit down with the Front Office Manager, Steven Pittman, to share some of my great feedback regarding his team and the hotel, and he went above and beyond to make sue that I was treated well and that all of my charges were posted correctly because of my unexpected length of stay. I have worked in hotels for the past 15 years and I can say with confidence that if you are traveling to Cleveland, this is the hotel to stay at.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your observations and comments about your recent stay. We really appreciate guest feedback. We couldn't be more grateful for your comments regarding myself and our staff. We work hard to exceed guest expectation and it is our pleasure to make your experience the most memorable. Thanks for your kind review!
Fowlerville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everyone was very polite and helpful. It made our medical stay more comfortable. We were especially impressed with the 2 pm late check out because my husband had to continue working that day. Shuttles ran very conveniently for the hospital.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Double By Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and all of its unique amenities, and that you found the hotel’s location convenient. Thank you for your kind words especially about our shuttle.We will look forward to serving you again
Huntington, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Such a Nice Hotel.. staff so very Friendly..Looks like an Old Hotel but You will be very pleased with the Rooms.. very Clean and Quiet.. Now about the Beds.. Be Careful.. Mattress is on a Platform with "Lethal" Corners!! See For Your self..! Surely I am not the only one who bumped her "Skinny" Leg and drew Blood?? management should Modify these Platform beds with Bumpers!! Hopefully they will Read this and Consider a CURE!!
Otherwise Great Shuttle service within 2 MileRadius nice places to eat.. My Husband and I enjoyed Dolce Vita in Little Italy try it..Hotel has reasonable Happy Hour for Drinks but Menu Prices a Bit Much.. take The Shuttle..Remember our favorite 3 Favorite Little Words Ladies..
Let's Eat OUT!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I will assure you that the platform bed are being address. Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.
Coppell, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Excellent lodgings and service. Nice hardwood floors in a historic building. Rooms are large with lots of natural light. Elevators are quick. Fitness Center is excellent. Restaurant is convenient and good value. Lobby is beautiful and spacious. Great location for doing business with Cleveland Clinic

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Double By Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and all of its unique amenities, and that you found the hotel’s location convenient. We will look forward to serving you again, when your travels next bring you to Cleveland.
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in June 2013. Nice room - hardwood floors and decent size. BUT - the hotel is on the corner of two very major intersections that are right beside the Cleveland Clinics and Hospitals. Ambulance sirens at 5 am. And guess what? The hotel has single glazed windows! No double glazing and no secondary glazing! I was told this hotel was only started a few years ago and I couldn't be more surprised - it's already a bit shabby and if it was only a few years ago that it was converted from an industrial building then why on earth would they not have installed double glazed windows - the basic in most hotels I would have thought? I felt I was actually standing at the roadside of the Demolition Derby each morning by 6 am. Make sure you take a room that isn't on the streetside - it's not as though there is a view anyway.
The other thing about the location. It couldn't be more inconvenient if it tried - there is NOTHING around - no coffee shop, no bar outside the hotel. And you wouldn't want to walk around here at night. So you have to rely on the hotel for food and beverage. I ate at the hotel a number of nights but it was just so disappointing. Everytime I got a plate of food it was just about warm enough to eat. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the food, decent hotel-type food, but it was on the cold side. I mentioned a couple of times that my food was cold but the staff didn't really care. The solution to me was beyond obvious - HOT PLATES. Just keep the plates hot under a grill!! It's not rocket science. If you plate food onto cold plates it's not going to reach the table warm is it?
The last thing are that many of the staff I encountered had poor customer service skills. One day I came back at 5 pm after being out all day and my room hadn't been made up. I needed to get ready to go out for the evening so I asked the maid who was in the hallway if they would make up my room. The attitude and rolled eyes. You wouldn't believe it. I contacted housekeeping to say I needed my room made up - they did come up to the room but then I got more attitude and sarcasm - was treated as though I was being unreasonable. I'm only the paying customer after all who wanted to be able to take a shower at 5 pm without having to pick up a towel to dry themselves with that had been sitting on the floor since early morning. Hey - what do I know about customer service......?
I also noticed that the Marriott has a new hotel further into the University Circle and at least near to a coffee shop and a convenience store. I'm staying there when I return to Cleveland.

Room Tip: Make sure your aren't roadside - very noisy!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed regarding some issues at our hotel, particularly the disruptive noises coming from the ambulances.

It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of more effectively soundproofing our property.

Additionally, I would like to apologize if you found our staff to have poor customer service skills. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming and attentive service and sincerely apologize we did not deliver this for you.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!