“Old World Charm, Modern Amenities” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Old World Charm, Modern Amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is so charming and unique. It has an old world feel, but all of the amenities of modern lodging. The wooden floors in the room are lovely. The staff always greets you with a smile and nice conversation. I would highly recommend this hotel to couples. The bed is amazing and the shower superb. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: City side rooms have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Double tree The Tudor Arms Hotel. We’re glad you enjoyed our hotel and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I appreciate you letting other viewers know of your nice stay with us and recommending our hotel to future travelers. We hope you will have an opportunity to return to Cleveland and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was on a business trip and chose this hotel based on proximity to a dinner meeting and client recommendation. I am a "Gold" HHonors member and was given a bottle of water in my room, a free drink coupon and free breakfast voucher. I did not use the drink coupon because I was exhausted when I returned from my meeting (but appreciated the gesture). I also did not have the opportunity to eat breakfast at the hotel because I departed for the airport before breakfast was being served (again I appreciated the gesture). The hotel was clean, comfortable and in a good location. My only complaint would be that when I arrived and parked my car using the valet service, nobody helped me carry my bag up a flight of stairs to the hotel lobby for check in. At a minimum, I could have been directed to an elevator.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor for us. While you seemed disappointed with valet and bellmans staff. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel and front desk staff to be helpful and in a great location. We will work to improve our products and services and again I thank you for your time.
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful -- the restoration job is gorgeous! While the hotel is not in the best area of town, it is very convenient to museums and the Cleveland Clinic. The price was good, the staff was friendly and very helpful. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I spent a miserable two nights in this seemingly nice hotel. I arrived on a snowy night to this hotel (which is in a terrible area of town by the way). The hotel does offer an off street curb for unloading your bags. However, this area was not shoveled or plowed by any means. It was filled with 2 inches of black slush. I was informed that there was valet or self parking available (both very expensive). Being a horrible night, I opted for valet parking.

After a quick check-in, I headed up to my room. The lobby area is small and under construction. I went up to my room and quickly noticed how cold it was in the hotel. In addition, the hotel is a refinished older building. Poorly refinished at that. When I arrived in my room I noticed it was maybe 60 degrees while the thermostat was set to 86. I called down to the front desk, but nobody every came up. The fortunately clean room was small and lacked any decent sitting area minus an uncomfortable desk chair. The bathroom and shower were strange. The shower does not have a door. This results in a hot shower feeling with a weird mix of the cold air from the room blowing in. Not to mention water and condensation gets all over your hotel room.

The next morning I told the front desk again that the room was still really cold. They wrote my room number down. When I picked up my car from the valet it was not even cleaned off. The off -street pull off area was still not shoveled or plowed. The inside of my car was covered in salt and water from the careless valets. I expected the floor mats to be dirty, but not the door panel, steering wheel, and center console.

I returned to the hotel that night and the off-street curb area was STILL not shoveled or plowed. I had dinner at the surprisingly decent hotel restaurant. After returning to my room, I noticed that it was still maybe 60-65 degrees despite the thermostat being set to 86 all day.

Because of the cold in the room I used the iron as a space heater to keep things reasonable.

I would NEVER stay here again. Despite the room being clean and having a decent restaurant, the cold room and outrageous parking situation make this an easy decision.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
I would invite you to contact me personally at steven.pittman@hilton.com

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is a restored building minutes from Cleveland Clinic and Case Western Reserve University. The architecture is gorgeous and the rooms are very comfortable. There is not much parking, so valet is needed. The breakfast was very good but pricey. We have stayed here 3 times now and had excellent service each time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Our Tudor Arms team appreciates your glowing review on our hotel and staff. But more importantly we are glad you and your family enjoyed your experience with us. Our goal is to build lifelong relationships with are guest. Hope to see you on your next visit to cleveland.
Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

You can't ask for a more convenient Hotel than this Double Tree near both the Cleveland Clinic and Case Western Reserve University. The parking is extra at $16 for self park or $19 for valet. All of the staff people we dealt with were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is a renovated older hotel and I always like reuse of old buildings as opposed to the new cookie cutter models. Our room was very large, and the furnishings were pretty cool. The only complaint I would have was the shower pressure was really bad. I don't know if that was just my room, the time of day or a standard problem. In any event, this is a pretty interesting place that is pretty well run.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are so humbled by your comments regarding our service staff and the quality of our rooms. We can’t wait to welcome you back.
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We went to an event at this hotel and decided to stay the night. The banquet room was amazing and the staff there did a great job. The room we stayed in was beautiful as well and very comfortable. My only complaint was we were supposed to receive free valet with the event we were attending but were told that doesn't count if we stay the night so were charged $20 to pay which I think is absurd..we are giving you MORE business by staying overnight so you charge us more. And the staff at the counter gave us a bit of attitude about it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the valet charges you encountered during the event you attended at our hotel. I apologize if the charges were not clear. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!