“Very nice hotel, but not easy to get downtown.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save
Ranked #9 of 32 hotels in Cleveland
Brenham, Tx
“Very nice hotel, but not easy to get downtown.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We just stayed 3 nights at this hotel. The room was huge! Two double beds with a separate sitting area. Very clean, relatively quiet. The valet parking is expensive, $19 per day, especially when you consider this hotel is not near downtown. The valets were efficient and we never had to wait long for the car and they were very pleasant. The Bar on the main floor was very nice and the service was good. We did find Little Italy to be close and was an interesting historic area. We had a pre-paid rate of about $135 per night and for that price this hotel is a very good option if you do not mind driving back into the downtown area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a view of downtown Cleveland, but also look over the Cleveland Clinic pa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
We’re happy to hear from you and receive a wonderful review about your stay with us. I’m glad you liked our comfortable, spacious rooms. I was also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed University Circle historical Little Italy Distric during your stay. We hope you enjoyed your time in Cleveland and we welcome you to come and stay with us again

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
TORONTO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed in August 2012 with our 4 kids. The rooms are spacious and very nicely decorated. I did not like the sliding door on the bathroom. Although it was trendy and nice to look at It kept comming off the rollers and didnt offer 100% privacy. They made an error and gave us the wrong room (smaller) but it was rectified immedialy and with a smile. The room was very noisey because there was a hospital 1 block down and the sirens were loud and often. That was really the only major downfall of this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to write a response on Trip Advisor for us. While you seemed disappointed with aspects of your stay I am happy to hear that you found our Front Desk staff helpful. We will work to improve our products and services and again I thank you for your time
Orrville, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I booked a weekend in Cleveland and stayed at the Tudor Arms Hotel. The guest services staff were awesome. I wanted a room with a bathtub and was given one with a shower only. The staff immediately made the change, came up to the 11th floor with our keys and walked us to the new room. Our room was stunning, immaculate, comfortable and warm. The restaurant and bar were immaculate, the food was delicious and the service excellent. We loved the Valet crew as well. Our waiting time was never more than 2 or 3 minutes and the valets were extremely polite, professional and all had big smiles. In the day and age of reviews, I think it's important to state that the management and staff at this hotel go above and beyond. We will definitely come back and will tell everyone we know to visit as well. This is a real review from a real customer. Thanks again for a great weekend. Go BROWNS!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Tudor Arms. We’re glad you enjoyed our hotel and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I appreciate you letting other viewers know of your nice stay with us and recommending our hotel to future travelers. We hope you will have an opportunity to return to Cleveland and stay with us again.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

If you are a boutique hotel fan, as I am, you will love it here. If you are confused by the conflicting reviews of the Tudor Arms Hotel, as I was when I read them, then read on. After reading the reviews and then staying at the Tudor Arms by Doubletree, I figured out why the reviews are so conflicting. If your expectations are of a typical Doubletree hotel then you will find a lot to be critical about. But if you want an out of the box, great experience for a very reasonable price, then this is a wonderful choice. I also want to point out 90%+ of the reviews talk about the wonderful staff and the comfortable beds and it is all true. This can make or break a service business like a hotel.
I was greeted by friendly smiling faces from Edwin at the door to Jasmine behind the check in desk. (Happy birthday, Jasmine!). By the time I left the check in desk, Jasmine and I had already hugged twice. Once because she wished me well on my mission to get a family member treated at the Cleveland Clinic across the street and then because I wanted to wish her a happy birthday a day early. The hotel car and driver took me and picked me up from wherever I needed, whenever I needed, all for free. I had called to book the afternoon before my arrival and they succeeded in their efforts to have a room ready for me several hours earlier than their stated check in time so that I could drop off my luggage and make it to our appointment at the clinic on time. That was impressive!!!
The building is obviously a period architectural style and was converted into a hotel so there were limitations created by converting an older building into a modernly comfortable hotel. It was done with lots of thought and good design and, especially in the lobby, the building's original design was preserved. I love that! Yes, there are stairs to walk up to the lobby but there is an elevator only steps away to take up anyone who can't manage the stairs or heavy luggage. Personally, I like putting my legs to use. The rooms are treated with a contemporary, funky flair. Where there was no room to install a bathroom door that swings open, they utilized an industrial style, hanging shoji looking panel, made out of heavy wood and frosted glass, that slides on exposed heavy duty steel rails and moves on wheels.(Restoration Hardware style). It is awesome. A big full framed mirror hung on one wall and there was so much lighting throughout, that I could read just about anywhere in the room. The windows are double treated with roman shades and drapes so you can control the outdoor light to your liking. The shower was the walk in type and the bathroom walls are lined with marble of an amber tint. The headboard on the bed was heavily padded and covered in leather and ergonomically designed so that you could comfortably lean up against it to read. The atmosphere of the rooms is trendy with a mind towards comfort. I could not believe the comfort and the details for the price!!
Lest the reader think that I was hired by the hotel to write this, I will mention 2 things that could use improvement. Do something to prevent the personal care items that you provide from sliding off the bathroom shelf and into the toilet. Yuck! And what about the artwork??? It doesn't work with the decor. Colors and scale are all wrong and a bit disorienting. I hate to see such wonderful room atmosphere be killed by the too obviously mismatched art. Even photographs would be better than what is there.
The bottom line is, I would stay there again in a minute and I would recommend it to friends of any age.

Room Tip: As some reviewers pointed out, not all rooms here are equal. I was on the 10th floor and loved it. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel as your hotel of choice during your last visit to Cleveland. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, with all of its unique amenities. I’ll let jasmin know of your praise for her work and make sure she receives a special commendation for assisting you. We will certainly be looking forward to our next opportunity to serve you when your travels next bring you to Cleveland, either on business or pleasure.
Northbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is the third time I stayed at this hotel---the rooms are large, the beds are amazingly comfortable, and the staff goes above and beyond. It does t feel like a chain hotel, more like a family run inn. The service is personal and the shuttle service is incredibly accommodating. The restaurant is excellent and the Sunday brunch is "casual elegance". Each time I stay here I am impressed by the comfort, staff and the general vibe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Our Tudor Arms team appreciates your glowing review on our hotel and staff. But more importantly we are glad you and your family enjoyed your experience with us. Our goal is to build lifelong relationships with are guest. Hope to see you soon
Union, Maine, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed two nights in this hotel - two nights too many. Our room was small and poorly laid out. It had a lovely view of all the airconditioning units on the roof below, so it was noisy, too. Although the lobby and common areas of the hotel are very architecturally lovely, the room was not. The decor was a mix of Asian, early fifties, shabby chic - it had no identity at all. The bathroom door was on a slider (like a pocket door without the pocket part). There were no stops on the slider, so the door would either fall partially off - or it would come out of the bottom track. That didn't make much difference, because the door was smaller than the opening anyway. There was only one small mirror over the bathroom sink, which made it really difficult for a couple to get ready for any events. Very pricey when you consider the daily parking fee added on to the room cost. The staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet was good, but not worth staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into problems. We have fixed the malfunctioning bathroom door and will look into refresh options for our amenities. I appreciate your feedback about the view and noisy AC units. Your comments will help us improve. We hope you will give us a second chance when you’re back in the area.
Roscoe, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I had to have an extended stay (1 month) in Cleveland so that she could receive treatment at the Cleveland Clinic. We initially picked this hotel because it was right across the street from the clinic. It turned out to be a great choice. The hotel is in a very old building that has some incredible architecture. I was told that the hotel was recently renovated. The rooms are very unique, and even have hardwood floors. I can't remember the name of the restaurant that is in the hotel, but it was also excellent (which I have found is uncommon for most hotel restaurants).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Tudor Arms. We’re glad you enjoyed your month long stay at our hotel and found our staff to be friendly and helpful especially the Canopy Restaurant. I appreciate you letting other viewers know about your stay. i hope your wife is doing great since her visit at cleveland clinic. If you ever in cleveland, we hope to see you and your wife again.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!