“Great place, mystery solved” 5 of 5 stars

Rock Hall of Fame Weekend
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas
“Great place, mystery solved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

If you are a boutique hotel fan, as I am, you will love it here. If you are confused by the conflicting reviews of the Tudor Arms Hotel, as I was when I read them, then read on. After reading the reviews and then staying at the Tudor Arms by Doubletree, I figured out why the reviews are so conflicting. If your expectations are of a typical Doubletree hotel then you will find a lot to be critical about. But if you want an out of the box, great experience for a very reasonable price, then this is a wonderful choice. I also want to point out 90%+ of the reviews talk about the wonderful staff and the comfortable beds and it is all true. This can make or break a service business like a hotel.
I was greeted by friendly smiling faces from Edwin at the door to Jasmine behind the check in desk. (Happy birthday, Jasmine!). By the time I left the check in desk, Jasmine and I had already hugged twice. Once because she wished me well on my mission to get a family member treated at the Cleveland Clinic across the street and then because I wanted to wish her a happy birthday a day early. The hotel car and driver took me and picked me up from wherever I needed, whenever I needed, all for free. I had called to book the afternoon before my arrival and they succeeded in their efforts to have a room ready for me several hours earlier than their stated check in time so that I could drop off my luggage and make it to our appointment at the clinic on time. That was impressive!!!
The building is obviously a period architectural style and was converted into a hotel so there were limitations created by converting an older building into a modernly comfortable hotel. It was done with lots of thought and good design and, especially in the lobby, the building's original design was preserved. I love that! Yes, there are stairs to walk up to the lobby but there is an elevator only steps away to take up anyone who can't manage the stairs or heavy luggage. Personally, I like putting my legs to use. The rooms are treated with a contemporary, funky flair. Where there was no room to install a bathroom door that swings open, they utilized an industrial style, hanging shoji looking panel, made out of heavy wood and frosted glass, that slides on exposed heavy duty steel rails and moves on wheels.(Restoration Hardware style). It is awesome. A big full framed mirror hung on one wall and there was so much lighting throughout, that I could read just about anywhere in the room. The windows are double treated with roman shades and drapes so you can control the outdoor light to your liking. The shower was the walk in type and the bathroom walls are lined with marble of an amber tint. The headboard on the bed was heavily padded and covered in leather and ergonomically designed so that you could comfortably lean up against it to read. The atmosphere of the rooms is trendy with a mind towards comfort. I could not believe the comfort and the details for the price!!
Lest the reader think that I was hired by the hotel to write this, I will mention 2 things that could use improvement. Do something to prevent the personal care items that you provide from sliding off the bathroom shelf and into the toilet. Yuck! And what about the artwork??? It doesn't work with the decor. Colors and scale are all wrong and a bit disorienting. I hate to see such wonderful room atmosphere be killed by the too obviously mismatched art. Even photographs would be better than what is there.
The bottom line is, I would stay there again in a minute and I would recommend it to friends of any age.

Room Tip: As some reviewers pointed out, not all rooms here are equal. I was on the 10th floor and loved it. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel as your hotel of choice during your last visit to Cleveland. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, with all of its unique amenities. I’ll let jasmin know of your praise for her work and make sure she receives a special commendation for assisting you. We will certainly be looking forward to our next opportunity to serve you when your travels next bring you to Cleveland, either on business or pleasure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Northbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is the third time I stayed at this hotel---the rooms are large, the beds are amazingly comfortable, and the staff goes above and beyond. It does t feel like a chain hotel, more like a family run inn. The service is personal and the shuttle service is incredibly accommodating. The restaurant is excellent and the Sunday brunch is "casual elegance". Each time I stay here I am impressed by the comfort, staff and the general vibe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Our Tudor Arms team appreciates your glowing review on our hotel and staff. But more importantly we are glad you and your family enjoyed your experience with us. Our goal is to build lifelong relationships with are guest. Hope to see you soon
Union, Maine, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed two nights in this hotel - two nights too many. Our room was small and poorly laid out. It had a lovely view of all the airconditioning units on the roof below, so it was noisy, too. Although the lobby and common areas of the hotel are very architecturally lovely, the room was not. The decor was a mix of Asian, early fifties, shabby chic - it had no identity at all. The bathroom door was on a slider (like a pocket door without the pocket part). There were no stops on the slider, so the door would either fall partially off - or it would come out of the bottom track. That didn't make much difference, because the door was smaller than the opening anyway. There was only one small mirror over the bathroom sink, which made it really difficult for a couple to get ready for any events. Very pricey when you consider the daily parking fee added on to the room cost. The staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet was good, but not worth staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into problems. We have fixed the malfunctioning bathroom door and will look into refresh options for our amenities. I appreciate your feedback about the view and noisy AC units. Your comments will help us improve. We hope you will give us a second chance when you’re back in the area.
Roscoe, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I had to have an extended stay (1 month) in Cleveland so that she could receive treatment at the Cleveland Clinic. We initially picked this hotel because it was right across the street from the clinic. It turned out to be a great choice. The hotel is in a very old building that has some incredible architecture. I was told that the hotel was recently renovated. The rooms are very unique, and even have hardwood floors. I can't remember the name of the restaurant that is in the hotel, but it was also excellent (which I have found is uncommon for most hotel restaurants).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Tudor Arms. We’re glad you enjoyed your month long stay at our hotel and found our staff to be friendly and helpful especially the Canopy Restaurant. I appreciate you letting other viewers know about your stay. i hope your wife is doing great since her visit at cleveland clinic. If you ever in cleveland, we hope to see you and your wife again.
Lexington, Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Outstanding staff, always helpful especially during a stressful time. Beautifully restored to the grace I remembered as a child. Large, bright, well-appointed rooms with all the comforts I needed and more. The shuttle service to and from the Cleveland Clinic, downtown, University Circle, etc. was so helpful, Very good restaurant. The most homelike hotel I've been in for a long, long time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you! I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel the privilege to serve your hotel needs.

I would also like to thank you for filling out this review.

We realize how important your feedback is to our continued improvement and success.

Our vision at Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel is to build strong, lifelong relationships with our guest. Your comments help our entire staff to learn what our customers appreciate and deserve.

We want to maintain your trust and confidence, so when you refer your family and friends you will have no doubt that they will receive the same dedication and respect that you have to come to expect from us.

On behalf of all of us at Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel, we thank you.
Chapmanville, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband had an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic and we elected to stay at the Tudor Arms Hotel. We just returned home today after a 2 day stay. From our late night check-in Thursday to our departure today, the staff was incredible in every regard, always courteous, pleasant and beyond helpful. We received very upsetting news from the clinic and 3 different staff members even hugged me when they saw I was upset! Our accomodations were lovely and we were able to leave our car parked Friday for our appointment since they have a shuttle that makes regular trips to the clinic, making it most convenient. Had this been a pleasure trip, I would have really enjoyed my stay; as it were, the caring, efficient staff and comfortable, stylish accomodations made this sad trip as bearable as possible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your pleasant stay with us at Tudor Arms. We’re glad you liked our hotel and found it to be a great location for Cleveland Clinic Patients. I`m sorry you recieved terrible news during your stay. I am happy that are team members made you feel at ease during the rest of your stay. so I hope you’ll come back for another visit and stay with us again soon. you and your family members are in our prayers.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Located right between Cleveland Clinic and Case Western University makes it a very convenient location if you are visiting either. It is an easy 3-4 block walk to both the hospital and the campus. The hotel has charm and we were very treated very well by the front desk staff Sam and Steven. Always enjoy the warm chocolate chip cookies at check in and during the stay. The 2 room junior suite was large with 2 TV's and plenty of room. We did have a refrifgerator, microwave and coffee maker which was great. Bathroom amenities were first rate and the sliding bathroom door was not an issue for us. The downside of the location is that there are no convenient places to eat in the immediate area. It does require a walk to Euclid Avenue, either to the Clinic area or Case Western campus to find places to eat or get snacks. That was not a problem for us, as we used the refrigerator to store some items, but it could be an issue for some. Overall, a very nice stay if you need to visit the Clinic or Case Western at a price cheaper than Inter Continental or Glidden House. We plan on staying here again this fall.

Room Tip: We had a corner room that faced East towards Case Western University and it was a wonderful view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We’re happy to hear from you and receive a wonderful review about your stay with us. I’m glad you enjoy our comfortable, spacious 2 room junior suite. We hope you enjoyed your time in Cleveland and we welcome you back this upcoming fall.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!