“Terrific customer service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Cleveland
Warren, Michigan
“Terrific customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were a little hesitant booking this hotel because of all of the negative reviews as to the customer service, but we were met with nothing but professional, friendly staff. The manager Carlos, with help from Sam and Edwin found us a great room with a good view. The decor is modern but the building is classic so it's a bit confusing, but it's still a wonderful place to stay. Parking is expensive, but it always is in major cities. Nice, big, clean room and awesome customer service. Can't wait to come back when the pool is renovated.

Room Tip: Ask for an "08" room or one of the corners. They are very accommodating if they have the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Our Tudor Arms team appreciates your glowing review on our hotel and staff especially Carlos,Sam and Edwin. But more importantly we are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Our goal is to build lifelong relationships with are guest. Hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

As you know by reading all the reviews, this hotel is in a historic building, but the room furnishings are very modern. I've never stayed at a hotel quite like this. There were some good things and some not so good things.

The good: room is HUGE. Decor is beautiful. Microwave & fridge are a plus. It felt more like home than a hotel room. We were able to park on the street behind the hotel for free, although I think if you arrive before 5pm, you might have trouble finding a spot. Front desk & bell staff were friendly.

Not so good: Unless you are going to the Clinic, there is not much else around this place. Bathroom door is really funky - slides on a rail across the top of the door, so it just covers the door opening, doesn't really "shut", therefore, there is a gap that allows all the light, noise, smells to come out of the bathroom into the main room. Not pleasant if you're staying with someone that you're not intimate with. Our room was behind the elevator shaft which made for a lot of noise. My husband had trouble sleeping because of it. The hardwood floors were unexpected. I'd prefer carpet.

All in all, I feel like I got a good deal thru Hotwire ($87/night + tax) and would stay here again, just would ask for a room away from the elevator.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for such glowing feedback. We want all of our guests to experience the comforts of home in our spacious guest rooms with microwave and mini fridge. We also appreciate you letting us know about the bathroom door. Our maintenance staff are working on ideas to make the doors close completely. We’ve taken your comments to our team for review, but we’re very sorry that it proved awkward and somewhat problematic for you. I’m also very sorry for the background interruptions. We encourage our guests to let us know if there is any noise concerns so our staff can assist. Please stop by and see us again if you’re ever in the neighborhood. We’d love to have you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed day before procedure at Cleveand Clinic. Spouse stayed for three nights. Was very close and good services. Self parking lot was full so cost for parking was unfortunate. Had a corner room with windows on two walls wich made for more views. I would stay here again if priced right.

Room Tip: ask for end room with two views
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking a time and writing a review about your stay with us at Tudor Arms. We’re glad you enjoyed our hotel and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I appreciate you letting other viewers know of your nice stay. We hope you will have an opportunity to return to Cleveland and stay with us again
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Yes, the hotel was remodeled, but everywhere you look, there are gross old elements that have not been updated. When I first arrived, the doorman watched me struggle with my 60lb suitcase. He held the door open for me but didn't offer any assistance as I had to lug the bag up a full flight of stairs into the lobby. I told the front desk clerk what happened and he just chuckled. I said "you think that's funny? Can I speak to a manager?" but supposedly nobody else was on duty at that time and he apologized. He scheduled a car pick up for the following morning to the airport. I got in the elevator when my car arrived, with 2 old women and a bellman from the hotel. THe elevator doors shut and the elevator wasn't moving. We tried to open the doors and pushed the button for another floor, but nothing was working. The bellman said "don't push any more buttons. I was trained in this situation and they said pushing buttons makes this even worse". He called his boss and told them about the situation. And we waited, and waited and waited. He called down again. And we waited another 20 minutes. I said "This is ridiculous" and I held down the alarm button, so they guests would hear there is an issue and maybe that would speed things up. The bellman once again said I shouldn't do this and the situation was being handled. I then pushed an emergency call button and the woman took about 1 minute to reset something remotely and said to hold the door open button for 10 seconds, which we did, and the doors open. That moron made us stay in the elevator for almost 40 minutes with his terrible training. I ran to the car, missed my flight and had to wait 5 1/2 hours for the next flight. I called the hotel and spoke to the general manager DAVID. I told him about the problem at my arrival and the problem with the elevator. He ignored the issue with the horrible doorman and said "the elevator is out of our control". NO APOLOGY. I replied "the elevator breaking down is totally out of your control, but your poor training of the bellman who made me stay in there for 40 minutes and the very slow response time of your engineering department is in your control and I expect you to take care of my car to the airport or the hotel bill or something". He said he doubts he can take care of anything but will call me in 2 hours. It's now been 3 days and no phone call. I am calling his regional manager tomorrow. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Everyone who works at the hotel is poorly trained. I didn't even mention the lazy woman dragging their feet at the overpriced slightly ghetto breakfast buffet. By the way, it's the only place you can eat at because the hotel is in a TERRIBLE location, unless you are visiting the hospital across the street.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am terribly sorry you had an unfortunate guest experience. I want to personally apologize for the way this situation was handled and I have spoken to my staff about this. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service as well as being stuck in an elevator. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay but clearly missed the mark this time. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and have all gone through refresher trainings on service. I’m very sorry that nobody has returned your call and I ask that you contact me directly to resolve this issue. We can assure you we usually offer a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to speaking with you.
New Fairfield, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was a last minute pick due to some scheduling conflicts. Not the absolute nicest Hilton brand I have ever stayed in, but quite nice. They immediately noticed I was a Hilton brand member and gave me a nice room choice after discussing preferences. This hotel excelled in the little details: all the lighting was controlled by elegant glass panels, ala Star Trek. It was a corner room high up, so there was some view. Most of all the staff at the front desk was superior in service attitude. When I told them our group had plans to stay at a clinic hotel upon check out, they said "well you should have told us" and told me the vastly reduced rate compared to what I had seen elsewhere. While it was disappointing I had to use most of my points (because it was last minute and this was a low-budget trip) the night I did stay, I felt satisfied. Late checkout to 1pm? No problem-- that meant an extra hour in those amazing Hilton beds. The restaurant inside was an 8/10-- just enough selection but didn't wow me completely- service was good though. The room itself was unique, it had a more eclectic feel than your traditional modern, though almost everything seemed convenient as far as plugs for your devices being situated right along the desk. The biggest plus of this hotel is that it is right near University Circle, with a shuttle to any of the museums and the Botanical Garden, by simple phone call. Another plus was there was a train that went right from the far off Airport to within 2 blocks of this hotel for $1.25-- which would normally be a hefty cab ride. Downtown Cleveland had more attractions, but weren't too accessible to this location, a car was needed for full exploring. Very early check-in, late checkout-- I guess I lucked out (besides feeling a little sore using points I was trying to build). Overall it is an older building that Hilton/Doubletree did a nice job re-furbing into one of their signatures. Oh- almost forgot. Cucumber water in the lobby after a flight, a walk, and general tiredness upon entry? -- Its the little details like that, that make this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up corner room which faces outward, otherwise, some rooms seemed to look into a mut...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you! I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel the privilege to serve your hotel needs.

I would also like to thank you for filling out this review.

We realize how important your feedback is to our continued improvement and success.

Our vision at Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel is to build strong, lifelong relationships with our guest. Your comments help our entire staff to learn what our customers appreciate and deserve.

We want to maintain your trust and confidence, so when you refer your family and friends you will have no doubt that they will receive the same dedication and respect that you have to come to expect from us.

On behalf of all of us at Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel, we thank you.
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

stayed at tudor arms 8-23 through 8-26. First, not an ideal location for visitors to cleveland unless you want to drive everywhere. check in was a bit chaotic. lots of front desk help but it took two people to figure out the computer system for check in. room was very spacious, but also very cavernous due to no carpeting. nice wood flooring, but made the room feel like a warehouse and sound like one. first day maid did not leave any clean washcloths - towels i can deal with, reuse many times. called that night for bath linens and was brought an armful. However, the next day the maid took most of them away. Bathroom is very small. looks nice, though stand-up shower without a door or curtain makes a mess in the floor no matter how hard you try. door swings back into the bathroom which is much too small to accomodate the same.

worst experience was the restaurant. nobody in the restaurant except bar flys should have been a clue. ordered lamb shank with couscous and veggies. shank was stone cold. sent back, and it was returned having been placed back in hot broth, my bite still missing. shank was smothered in gravy. my other guess is that it had all been microwaved b/c the couscous was now so hot i could not hold it in my mouth. no salt or pepper on the table and server acted like it was a huge chore to go get any. when first came in the server (there was no hostess) let us stand for 90secs waiting while she was texting on her phone behind the bar. After i sent the shank back for being cold, she placed herself at the bar and "told on me" for complaining that it was cold. her comments were easily heard at our table.

the hotel obviously is trying to be chic, but its missing the mark by service. It isn't a terrible place, but it could be so much better for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our restaurant. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay but this time we certainly missed the mark. I apologize that the meal you had was not what you were expecting and have addressed this with our culinary staff. I’ve also spoken to our serving staff regarding the unsatisfactory level of professionalism. I hope that next time you’re in the area you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
Spartanburg, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

In Cleveland for a wedding which was also to be held at this hotel. Great stay. Very nice comfortable room. Price was beyond reasonable. Not much within walking distance although a short drive to Little Italy. Only complaint...need coffee service in the lobby early in the morning. No coffee until restaurant opens at 8:00. Had to drive to Starbucks as did not want to wake wife by brewing coffee in room. Highly recommend. Incredible value for the quality of room.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your pleasant stay with us at Tudor Arms. We’re glad you enjoyed our hotel and found it to be in a great location for the wedding event you where visiting. It sounds like you had a very busy weekend so I’m pleased that we were able to provide a comfortable place for you to rest. We are working on some ideas on how to have coffee in the lobby during certain hours in the early morning. so I hope you’ll come back for another visit and stay with us again soon.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!