“Wonderful Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Wonderful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed here while our younest daughter was having surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. Many pluses. Hotel decor was very cool. I have never stayed in a renovated hotel like this. Staff was very friendly and professional. We had a small hiccup in regards to having service to the hospital. However problems happen and the manager made sure to make things right and that to me is the most important part. Rooms were ultra clean and very secure. One thing to note is that from our room we could look right into the bedroom of the suite next door..not a big deal in that there is a shade and curtain to block everything out. Valet service is friendly and speedy. Bus service to the hotel starts at 5:30am but driver came in early and drove us to the hospital at 5:00 am.

Ok now for my only complaint and it would only affect you if you are there for a hospital stay. The service to/from the hospital has very eraditic times. All printed on a nice sheet but sometimes there is 2 hours between trips. We really regreted that we didn't stay at the International Suites as we did last time but I didn't much care for the service there but after day one I would have moved just so we could walk to and from the hospital as needed. If this was right across from the hospital I wouldn't even consider Internation Suites. We were spoiled by that...also bus service is on a 15 minute trip if walking a thousand feet isn't what you want.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the two queen suites. As stated above be aware that because of the architecture...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We decided to spend a few days in Cleveland last week and when I began looking for a hotel the Tudor Arms popped up. To my knowledge there was no hotel at E. 105 and Carnegie but the photos looked great and we booked. What a treat! As we approached I saw that the hotel was for former home of Job Corps and I was anxious to see what they had done with the space. As we entered I was impressed with all the beauty that had been restored in the entranceway and the lobby. The men at the desk couldn't have been friendlier and we were checked into a fantastic suite for a very reasonable price. Our bedroom had windows looking out on the city in two directions and it was a lovely room. We loved the wooden floors - reminded us of European hotels. The bathroom was very large and just beautifully designed. The sitting room was very nice as well with a counter, sink, refigerator and microwave with a coffee set-up. My only complaint was that the lighting in the sitting room was overhead - no wall or table lamps. This is a bad oversight because lighting is so important in how cozy a room feels to hang out. We went to the bar in the lobby to catch the Cavs game - was not on in our room - and we ordered four appetizers. While the tap beer was great the apps were largely disappointing. Later we order room service and the burgers and fries were very good. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

On a recent one night stay at this Doubletree-Hilton property, I left specific instructions at the front desk for a wake up call the next morning which did not occur. The hotel room alarm clock also malfunctioned, and I thus missed my morning connection. The hotel general manager, and day manager, did not return my many telephone calls to them about this problem over the following days. The young front desk staff were poorly trained, and did not recognize that the room had been prepared with a credit card. Although the facility was attractive, this was the worst experience I've had from a Hilton property, or any other major hotel chain, in many years. Parking is valet only, and on the adjacent gravel lot, outdoors.

Room Tip: Stay at the nearby Intercontinental Hotel at the Cleveland Clinic, instead.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Carmi, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Great front desk service! This was our third stay at this hotel and will be coming back. Large rooms with great views, very clean and very service oriented. Always welcomed with open arms, and they address any need you may have.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The reason we stayed at this hotel was to check out the architecture. It was absolutely stunning. The molding and decor was breathtaking. The valet workers were extremely friendly and helpful opening doors and greeting us every time we came in or out of the hotel. The front desk staff was wonderful & very friendly as well. When our room wasn't ready they offered us another room. Since it wasn't the same set up we opted to wait (we were 2 hours early for the 3 pm check in time so it was not the fault of the hotel our room wasn't ready) and the lady at the front desk suggested we eat at the restaurant & even took our bags for us into the back so we didn't have to drag them around. The menu prices were a bit high but the $12 cheeseburger was absolutely worth every penny! We we finished up eating and the lady at the front desk let us know our keys were ready when we were. The hotel was impeccably clean and actually smelled very good. I loved the sitting area in the front check in area.

Only one elevator was working at the time which did take some time getting up and down throughout our stay, but little things happen and can't be helped. Our Jr Suite was stunning. I loved the floors and the sliding door to the bathroom. The sheets were very soft & comfortable and I could have literally stayed in bed for an entire day. The robes and slippers waiting in the bathroom was a very nice surprise and I did put them to daily use. There appeared to be a shelf in the shower but it was missing and the light above seemed to have burned out. While we were on the 11th floor and I expected lower water pressure & not a lot of hot water, the heat lamp would have helped a lot. With the shower not being closed off all the way, it was a little chilly and I wasn't able to fully enjoy the beautiful double shower heads. These things really were not a major problem for me.

There were a few small disappointments. When I went to set up the fold out couch for my daughter, I realized neither of the closets had sheets in them for the pull out. We called down to the front desk and we actually went down to get some sheets the poor guy at the front desk managed to rustle up. Apparently his co worker hadn't shown up and he was unable to leave the front desk. Since I once worked a hotel front desk, I completely understood but the sheets my husband came up with were a fitted sheet for the bed itself and a duvet cover for a comforter. He said he would try to find a heavy blanket and bring it up. It was my daughters bed time so we just turned up the heat a bit and she did sleep fine, however if they had put a bed sheet set in the closet beforehand, it would have been helpful. My other disappointment was we had spend the entire day out and about and returned at 5pm. While I understand and appreciate how big the hotel was and how tough it must be on the cleaning crew, our room had not been cleaned. We actually had the cleaning lady (who was very nice) tell us she had not gotten to our room yet and asked if we needed anything. I did ask for more towels but was really looking forward to having our room straightened up for us with the garbage being removed and the old towels taken away. She was by herself and I didn't want to bother her. I feel like there could be a bit more organization with the housekeeping, our room would have been done before we got back.

Despite being farther away from downtown where the attractions are, we very much enjoyed our stay and would stay there again. The $16 parking fee and Valet didn't bother me at all. The hotel we stayed at in Cleveland our last trip was $20 a day & we had to park ourselves, it was nice to actually let someone else do it and the valet guys were wonderful.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less water pressure in the shower, but this goes for any hotel. The Suites are ve...
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

stayed for two nights, wonderful accommodating staff easy to use valet services and amazing rooms. very modern decor. must see the ballroom. canopy restaurant was delisious beds were very comfortable jr suites are very spacious very clean hotel location is very close to Cleveland clinic and convenient to shopping, art, botanical, natural history museums and downtown

Room Tip: get the jr suiet
PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

The staff was wonderful! They receive you with a welcome smile and chocolate chip cookie! The shuttle service to and from Cleveland Clinic was tops! The food in the restaurant has a #1 chef! Everyone is always willing to assist you! Our room was great; large, new, great colors!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
tudorarms, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind remarks. I am very happy that you were able to use the Shuttle to go to the Cleveland Clinic. Our front desk staff is very willing to go that extra step to provide great customer service. Next time you are here please take advantage of one of the many beautiful museums just a few blocks away. You can take the Shuttle there or to Little Italy or downtown to experience the many wonderful restaurants and sight seeing venues. We look forward to you returning to see us.

Best Regards,
Hope Carroll
Director of Sales

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!