“Fresh, light, well prepared food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Washington Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,669 restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Murray Hill
Montana
“Fresh, light, well prepared food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The calamari was incredible. Tender, lightly breaded, enough for two. The pasta of the day was also flavorful but light, not over done, fresh vegetables. The staff were very courteous and attentive. Be sure to try the lemon olive oil cake.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Atmosphere, food was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The restaurant is really beautiful. Four of us had reservations for dinner. We were seated on the back porch with windows all around, and I really liked the table. The bar area is in the front of the restaurant where you come in, and that was very nice and modern. We were seated almost immediately. The wait staff was very efficient and attentive. Bread was very freshly baked, and delicious. The menu is a bit limited, but there were plenty of items for each of us. I had the Bistro Chopped Salad, a nice portion and then the Carbonara for dinner. It was very good, but I do like Carbonara with the poached egg on top but they don't serve it with the egg. The pasta was nice and al dente, and it is made with chicken thighs. I had two gristle bones with the thighs but otherwise the dish was good. My husband had the Lentil soup - he really enjoyed it - and the Shrimp & Grits, he thought it was very good. On of our companions ordered the fish special, a whitefish but it came raw in the middle, she had to send it back to be cooked. When they brought it back it looked like they added more sauce to the dish too...but she said it was good. We didn't try any of the desserts as we decided we would try another place for dessert.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tifton
“Simple menu, executed well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I was caught by surprise at this restaurant. I arrived in snowy Cleveland on a late Sunday afternoon for a business event the following day. Thankfully, I asked the hotel front desk for a good place close to our location, and she recommended Washington Place Bistro. I sat in the bar area, that was nicely done with good views of the winter neighborhood. The bartender/waiter was very knowledgable on the menu and the bar was well stocked. Nicely done drinks and two different fresh breads with butter kicked things off. The menu made my choices difficult. There was a lot of nice choices that made my mouth water, but my waiter helped narrow the selection. I chose a beet and goat cheese salad, then a braised pork shank with brussels sprouts and fingerling potatoes. This was extraordinary, and very tasty, but not overly rich. They finished me off with a special chefs sundae, but more of a fresh fruit sorbet to me. I would return tomorrow if I had the chance. Good job guys.

Visited February 2014
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“New Year's Eve Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I and three other couples made reservations here for New Year's Eve. The service was excellent, we had a nice round table, which we all enjoyed. Everyone was very courteous, helpful and friendly. We liked the atmosphere - very hip and cool, not what I would expect the normal to be in Little Italy. As far as the food, I had the lobster bisque which was almost as good as my favorite lobster bisque at Bon Vie at Easton in Columbus, Ohio. Others had beef wellington, shrimp and grits, roast beef. My husband had a devine pork chop. Only disappointment was the stuffed mushroom appetizer, which was so tiny (tip of my fingertip tiny) that everyone laughed. They were tasty, but when you think of a stuffed mushroom, you think of a regular sized mushroom, or possibly a button mushroom, but not a tip or a dot of a mushroom. Not impressed with the size, but the taste was good. They had a set menue for New Year's Eve - a limited selection, but nobody complained at the table.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“WP review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

One of our top 2 favorite places in the area. We especially enjoy eating in the glass porch- beautiful on a winter evening. Service has always been excellent- Lisa and Arturo deserve mention. Food had alwas been excellent. Valet Parker's are always gracious.

Visited December 2013