“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Lansing, Michigan, United States
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

After driving by the place once, I wasn't sure that it was in a safe area or someplace that I wanted to go in. I finally decided to walk in and check it out and I am glad I did. What a fun place! We sampled a variety of hot dog toppings and also tried the tater tots. I recommend getting creative with hot dog toppings for sure! The place was packed but we were able to find a table upstairs without too much effort. We enjoyed a few games of pinball downstairs before we left for the evening. I would go back again!

• Visited December 2013

Ohio
“Quite the Positive Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Always looking for new culinary experiences, we decided to stop in at the Happy Dog to try it out. What a trip....with a little assistance from the ever helpful staff, the menu options become creative genius. Since the two of us couldn't gain total agreement, we ordered 3 dogs. Each was great and unique. Not fancy at all, just a comfortable neighborhood joint.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“A fun place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Happy Dog is just that. A fun place. You wouldn't think you'd be full after eating one hotdog. The toppings are definitely what makes The Happy Dog a unique establishment. Im pretty traditional, so I stick to them. But if you want peanut butter, or fruit loops on your hotdog, they have it! :o)

Im not a beer drinker, so I can't comment on their beer selection.

• Visited October 2013
Barberton, Ohio, USA
“Great little spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Walked in based on a recommendation and almost walked out when I was blasted with loud music. It was louder than I would have liked but once I settled down at a table and ordered a beer and hotdog, I fell in love with this place. A little dingy but I wouldn't want them to change a thing. The atmosphere, food and music make this a one-of-a-kind place that makes this part of Cleveland special.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morehead, Kentucky
“You gotta love the dogs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

So imagine it is your wedding day and you want to treat your groomsmen and some other guys to lunch prior to the wedding. So where could you go? One quick thought and you settle on the Happy Dog! So off you go.

Well I have to say that the Happy Dog is a different kind of eating establishment. The key here is that you enjoy hot dogs. Hot dogs that can have 50 different toppings. Consider spaghetti O's or a bacon-balsamic marmalade. Or how about fruit loops or habanero pickled red onions. Or something as simple as house made ketchup. But stop at 4 toppings per hot dog as the ability of taste is ruined if you go beyond 4 toppings.

You can order regular hot dogs or field roast vegeterian-vegan sausage dogs. Something for all tastes. And you can get french fries or tater tots. The place is packed in the evenings we were told as folks pour in for beer, mixed drinks, music, and the food. Here the hot dog remains the big dog at the Happy Dog.

I would go again. The experience certainly sticks with you. Maybe try it at night and see what the crowd is like. But the menu is simple. Hot dog please with ????.

Visited November 2013