“Can't say enough!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,675 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: French, Bar
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ford Drive
Transit: The RTA Health Line bus stops in University Circle at E. 115th Street. L'Albatros is located approximately 3 blocks from the bus stop.
Commerce Township, MI
“Can't say enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We aren't from the area, and had dinner at L'Albatros last night. Before we were halfway though the meal, we were talking about how we have to come back! We arrived quite early for our reservation but...we were greeted warmly, our coats taken and we were ushered to our table. We love how, in a large restaurant, it's divided in smaller rooms to cleverly make you feel you're in a more intimate setting. Our friendly and efficient server went through the specials with us, and we each ordered a glass of Prosecco while we perused the menu. (We also ordered a bottle of a delicious Chateauneuf du Pape, which went nicely with our meal.) My husband started with the chopped salad with Roquefort (which could have served as a light meal in itself!), and I had the potato soup, which may be the best I've ever had. He then had the grilled salmon with lentils, while I had the chicken breast with potato mousseline and braised fennel. Each meal was perfection...wonderfully seasoned and flavorful. I had to try to hold back from finishing every bite, since I was saving room for dessert, but...my husband loved both his salmon and my chicken so...nothing went to waste! I then ordered the Meyer Lemon Tart, and he had the white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. Again...just wonderful, as was the entire meal. We will definitely return...even if we have to come back to the city specifically to visit L'Albatros again!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Wow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Really expensive, and really not good. Went with a group. I think my "chicken" might actually have been albatross, it was so salty.

Visited November 2013
Ohio
“Heavenly Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We went to L'Albatros to celebrate a birthday and had a fabulous dinner, one of the best restaurant meals we have had in a long time. I had the cassoulet, which was so delicious, and my husband had the veal short ribs. We also had a salad that had apple slices and pistachios-- an interesting and tasty blend of flavors. The only thing that I didn't like was how close you sit to other diners. I prefer to have a little more space between tables. But we will certainly go back, hopefully soon.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Dining at L'Albatros was a great experience all around for my husband and I. We had reservations and were seated right away. The atmosphere/ambiance was very chic and eclectic. Right away we were greeted by friendly staff members giving us bread and filling our water glasses- this continued throughout the remainder of our meal. Our server was very knowledgable about the menu and we were pleased with all of our delicious courses. This restaurant is definitely worth visiting!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Willoughby, Ohio
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent restaurant with a great menu. The service was great and the prices very reasonable. The cheese and meat plate was huge.

Visited October 2013