“Great happy hour menu” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,698 Restaurants in Cleveland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Bar
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ford Drive
Transit: The RTA Health Line bus stops in University Circle at E. 115th Street. L'Albatros is located approximately 3 blocks from the bus stop.
Pinckney, Michigan
“Great happy hour menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have only tried their happy hour, so I'll speak to that. I am a student at the nearby university, so I went after class with a friend to have dinner from the happy hour. The food quality is fantastic! We loved everything we ordered. You have to sit at the bar area if you're having the happy hour menu, but there are also tables in the bar area so it just felt like a fancy restaurant experience for a fraction of the price.

Visited October 2013

SappiNY
“Great service and ambiance, extensive menu may be a flaw”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband took me here for the first time last week. I was definitely impressed by the service from the moment we walked in and throughout the meal, especially from the wait staff and the servers. I felt that some of the upper management people seemed a bit snooty, they were still friendly though. The food was good. The best part of our meal was this basil and tomato salad, some of the freshest tomatoes I have ever tasted! My husband's lemon tart for dessert was unimpressive. I tried a bit and the whipped topping was terrible! It tasted like raw egg whites and excess sugar. The tart itself was dry and lacking in flavor. He ordered the trout for his meal which was very light and not very flavorful. I got the braised beef in a mushroom reduction sauce with potatoes and turnips. It was very good! A bit heavy though. Overall I would go again for a nice occasion. The menu is really extensive, probably too extensive. If they focused on some key menu items and ensured they were out of this world, this place would be even better.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town
“Everything really good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Had a really great meal. Salmon and lentils - tasty; done to perfection. Great selection of wines. Staff very attentive.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bronx, New York
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This cozy bistro serves classic French dishes, many using locally sourced ingredients. Everything was delicious. The service was excellent; wine glasses were refilled, water glasses were refilled, and additional bread was provided all without asking.

The room is comfortable and attractive.

Visited October 2013
California
“They try, but miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here a few weeks ago. It started out very well with a lovely, creamy soup....and lots of waitstaff....My entree was a kind of pork combo with 4 types of pork. All were tuff, with the exception of the roast pork. Flavor was just OK. Did I mention there was a lot of waitstaff? One waiter commented that I had ordered his favorite dish-every time I ordered a dish...The waitstaff really tries to please..
I am not sure how this restaurant received its #1 rating..Maybe the waitstaff? We felt it was fairly expensive for what we ordered. Nice waitstaff....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere