“Great facilities for conferences/conventions!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 73 Attractions in Cleveland
Type: Convention Centers, Other
More attraction details
Owner description: The I-X Center is home to dozens of Cleveland's most popular consumer events including the I-X Indoor Amusement Park, International Beer Fest, Spring and Fall Fabulous Food Shows, By Hand Fine Art and Craft Fair, I-X Piston Power Show, Trick or Treat Street, I-X Christmas Connection and much more!
Ludington, Michigan
36 attraction reviews
“Great facilities for conferences/conventions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We liked the convenience to I-71 and the Cleveland suburbs. Conference faciliries and vatering facilities are excellent!

Visited June 2012

Medina, Ohio
29 attraction reviews
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I love this place we were there for the Power Piston Show & the Auto Show & they do a very good job in their displays along with the food that they have to offer. it is kind of pricey when you purchase the fries or even a soda.I still enjoy this place it is a nice atmosphere,they have an amusement park there & many other attractions there that you can take the family to or just go as a couple.

Visited March 2013
Bath, Oh
17 attraction reviews
“It's big”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Houses home shows, boat shows, car shows, etc. They charge too much to get in, and too much to park, but don't all expo centers. It's just a big building.

Visited February 2013
cleveland, oh
13 attraction reviews
“Usually a rip-off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Most of the time, the parking is way too expensive, and the shows are people hawking there wares. And, you have to pay to see them try to sell their wares. It is a good place to go and look at autos because all are under one roof, but to pay to see that is a little much.

North Canton, Ohio
“Overpriced and treated poorly for the cost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My second visit to the IX Center may just be my last. My husband and I visited for the Great Big Home and Garden Show. The tickets were fairly pricey to star with, then we were slammed with an $8 bill to park. The woman in her booth blew cigarette smoke into our car (thanks). Then it was snowing (it is Cleveland), but not a single inch of the massive parking lot was plowed, nor any walk ways shoveled. What did we just pay $8 for exactly? Instead of a worker shoveling some pathways, they had lots of parking lot attendants that seemed to nothing but stop pedestrians from crossing while standing in 5 inches of snow to let cars dropping off people pass. And they were rude to boot. The ticket booth woman was equally rude and unhelpful when I mistakenly brought my Groupon for admission to her instead of going directly to the gate. My mistake, but she pointed and said "go over there" instead of explaining nicely that the groupon was already the ticket so I did not need to trade it in for an actual ticket.

The show itself was fairly disappointing. Long and poorly organized lines to see all exhibits, very few fun "freebies", repetitive vendors (how many basement waterproofing vendor booths can you run by before being accosted?), and no activities. Even the coat check line was so long we decided to skip it and had to haul our coats around all day, guess we saved $4 though. When it was time to eat, the food was very overpriced and the food workers were just plain awful. We decided to order a hotdog special, explained as a hot dog, bag of chips and a small soft drink for $6 on the menu board and an additional hot dog for $4. We ordered it just like that, hotdog special and additional hotdog from one woman. When we moved down to the register, we repeated our order. A man from the back ran up to the register, yelled at us that that's not what's on the tray, the hotdog special hotdog is smaller and it's just some chips, not a bag. We told him what we ordered and instead of apologizing or just giving it to us, he was rude, looked at us like idiots, never told the other employee she made a mistake and proceeded to give one of the larger hotdogs on our tray to the next person in line. Gross. Every employee I encountered was down right mean. These workers must get payed nothing for them to all be so awful and rude. Never again!

Visited February 2013