“One of the best in the country!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 73 Attractions in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: Don't miss this exciting metropolitan zoo best known for having the largest collection of primates in the United States and for its Rainforest exhibit, which features a thrilling simulated tropical rain storm.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
“One of the best in the country!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I grew up and have lived in Cle all but 4 years of my life. We have had a zoo pass for the last 5 years. Great value and our kids love it!! There is always new stuff, not to mention the rain forest and dino exibit they have most of the year.
I have been to Columbus zoo and San Diego always ranked 1 and 2 best zoo's. Cleveland is right up there with them. And for the price you cant beat it a must for anyone visiting Cleveland. It is not far from the Westside Market area which is also a great area to shop and get

DeWitt, Michigan
102 attraction reviews
“Great Zoo, had a blast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Took our Granddaughter here and loved it, the Dinosaur exhibit was well worth it, we both loved it. She fed the Giraffe (TWICE), rode the train, and the Camel of course (TWICE), we loved the animals and the exhibits were very nice. The elephants were very playful on the day we visited. and we had a picnic as well. Great Day!!!!

Johnson City, New York
“Old fashioned zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Having spent a lot of time at the National Zoo in Washington DC, I am a bit spoiled. The Cleveland zoo was a bit old-school. Some of the animal enclosures were cramped and artificial (e.g. a concrete "island" for one of the monkey displays). The elephant enclosure was all mud. The aquarium was the best part - lots of beautiful saltwater tropical fish. The cost was relatively low, free parking and free tram (although one of the trams wasn't running). A nice variety in food at reasoable prices.

Lebanon, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“Rainforest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Love going when I was a kid. Still make a trek every few years or so. Rainforest is the coolest part of an zoo I've been to in ohio which include the cincinnati and Columbus zoos.

Visited July 2012
Kitchener, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Zoo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This zoo was great to visit, lots of animals to see! It's great for everyone, adults and children. I went with my husband and myself. We thought we would just be there for 3-4 hours after reading the reviews on here before going but I would actually recommend planning on being there all day unless you are going to skip parts of it. We walked the entire zoo and saw everything and it took the whole day. I wore sandals and was wishing I had of worn proper shoes for doing a lot of walking.

I am from Ontario, Canada and I have been to our Toronto Zoo many times and always thought it was the best. This zoo rivals it for sure. My husband thinks it's better than the Toronto Zoo but I am on the fence, they are both amazing zoos! The Toronto Zoo does not have pandas though and this one does. This one also has a section were you can buy nector for $1 and feed the birds. I loved that! You also can't do this at the Toronto Zoo, but the Toronto Zoo does have an exhibit where you can pet the sting rays so I'm still on the fence as to which zoo is better.

Overall we had a fantastic time at the Cleveland Zoo and plan to go back again the next time we visit Cleveland!

Visited May 2013