We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is near Lake Erie, on the NE edge of Downtown Cleveland. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is less than a 10 minute walk from here! Surrounded by mostly office and civic buildings, the area around the hotel is pretty quiet in the evening and on weekends. As a result, the hotel bar was surprisingly busy each night of our stay. However, an easy 15 minute walk westbound leads to the Warehouse District, with lots of restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. And a 15 minute walk SW in the vicinity of Euclid Avenue & East 4th Street was also a center of activity with many restaurants--busy even on a weekday night. [All the restaurants we ate at were very good, and not crazy expensive either.] Cleveland's excellent theater district, Playhouse Square, was also about a 15 minute walk southbound from the hotel. There is a lot of historic architecture in Downtown Cleveland which made our walks interesting and fun. Although we didn't stay out really late at night, we never felt unsafe walking around Downtown Cleveland and my wife was impressed that the Downtown area was overall clean and well maintained.
Based upon the "fire escape map" on the back of the hotel room door, we had one of the smaller king rooms at the end of the hall...I think those are drawn to scale. Although it was smaller than the average hotel room, it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. And the decor was really quite striking: my wife described it as "edgy and urbane." Really looked more like a room at a "W" hotel with dark stained furniture, a leather textured wall covering, black and platinum horizontal striped drapes, and burgundy and black carpeting in a wavy line pattern. A nice change of pace from the usual conservative hotel decor of 5 shades of beige.
The common areas of the hotel--lobby, restaurant, halls--appear to be recently redecorated in a similar contemporary style.
The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and our two interactions with the housekeeping staff were also positive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel in downtown Cleveland is one-half mile from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and other great things to do in downtown Cleveland. It offers a spacious indoor pool and free shuttle service to downtown attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Reservation Counter, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Hotel Cleveland
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Ohio