Pros: The room was very nice, modern decor. The bed was so comfortable, we wanted to take it home with us. An elevator from the parking garage takes you right to the lobby and the hotel had a shuttle service to take us to an Indians game. The hotel is insanely close to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We had oringally booked a room in another hotel but had such a bad experience we left and came here. For $10 more a night it was like going from fast food to a 5-star restaurant. Well worth it. There was a pool, a decent fitness room, though I couldn't get the volume to work on the tv attached to the tredmill, in-room dining, a bar/grille in the lobby and a starbucks. 2 warm cookies (delicious) greeted us on arrival.
Cons: There was no mini-fridge or microwave. When I called to ask if we could get them, they said nothing was available til morning. I asked the rate to get either one and the guy said no charge. When I called the next day, I was told there was a $22 charge for the fridge and a $10 charge for the microwave. The elevators were buggy stopping at floors you didn't select and missing the one your room was on. Two were out of order one night of our stay. In-room dining was expensive as well as parking ($16 a night). Staff had a huge communication prolblem. My husband went to the lobby the last night of our stay to extend a night and they typed a few things and said 'all set'. The next morning he called down and it wasn't in the system, they said we were due to check out. He had to relay this info a third time as well. The phone in the room was broke creating two lines at once- it rang and beeped as I talked. I feel the fridge and microwave would've made a big difference because we liek to buy our drinks, water, and bring back take-out/leftovers from dining out. It's a rough economy and you gotta make the dollar stretch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel in downtown Cleveland is one-half mile from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and other great things to do in downtown Cleveland. It offers a spacious indoor pool and free shuttle service to downtown attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Reservation Counter, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Hotel Cleveland
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Ohio