“absolutely AMAZING trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
new jersey
“absolutely AMAZING trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

I just returned from a three night stay at the Doubletree hotel in downtown Cleveland. Let me say, it was absolutely amazing! Me and three friends decided to go to Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and we we couldn't believe how nice the hotel and the staff were! The lobby is beautiful and it doesn't end there. The room was spotless, everything looked almost brand new! The bathroom is a little small, but wasn't even that big of a problem with four people sharing one room. The beds were very comfortable. We were able to use the pool and jacuzzi and also were very impressed. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. We didn't have any problems checking in. There is also a free shuttle that will take you around downtown, which was very nice on the colder nights when we didn't want to walk. Almost everything is within walking distance. The rock and roll hall of fame and science center aren't more than a half mile away and the walk is easy. The location is good and we felt safe at all times. There isn't a lot of restaurants around the hotel, but if you walk a few streets up you will find some! And plus, when we walked in the front desk gave us a ton of menus from places that deliver to the hotel, so that was a plus! Overall, I'd say we had an absolutely awesome time at the Doubletree and in Cleveland. I would recommend this hotel to anybody, beings it is a great hotel at a great price!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

We had a very nice stay the weekend of Feb 28-Mar 1. Room were very clean. The beds were very comfortable. We liked the shuttle that took us anywhere we wanted to go! The only bad thing that I have to say is that the breakfast at the hotel was not worth the price that we paid, and there was not enough staff to accomadate the people.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Willoughby Hills, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

This hotel was horrible. Everywhere you turn there was dust. I welcome the renovations that will come. The pool is much too close to make shift front desk, with guests just prancing about in bathing suits, children just running thru the lobby dripping. After a not s pleasant check in I moved on to my room which was the most pleasant part. If a could have stayed in there maybe this would have been enjoyable. The bar almost made me a beleiver but then my food was served and it was cold, when I asked to have it returned I was talked to very rudely, and just decided to cancel my order all together.

I returned to my room with thoughts that I just should have stayed at home. This was supposed to be a fun weekend with my friends....that entailed self indulgence, and fun, fun fun.........I think the name change has brought about more than what a guest may bargain for.

Never again will I was my money at the DoubleTree!!!!!

Spend your money wisely and stay elsewhere, there are real hotels in downtown cleveland.

Parking dont even upset yourself $$$$$16, they are the biggest rip off.....and the garage is not safe.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Troy, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

Check in was efficient and courteous. The room was adequately clean but very drafty. We had to set the heat rather high to keep warm. The public areas, particularly the elevators, were not very clean or well maintained. The elevators couldn't handle the volume of use. We always had to wait at least 5 minutes and sometimes 10 or more for an elevator to come. The front desk was understaffed on Saturday. After waiting 10 minutes to try to buy a snack, I gave up. The internet was slow.

There are no restaurants within walking distance, although there is one in the hotel. The front desk wasn't helpful with restaurant suggestions. Unless you're going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or the Science Center, the location isn't convenient. The hotel was not up to the usual Doubletree quality. I would not return here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Greensboro,NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

The Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside is exactly what you would expect - a upper mid-range chain hotel and the delivers Hilton type quality.

As mentioned in the title, this is a bit off of downtown - not quite walkable to the main restaurant area and nightlife and shopping.

There is a restaurant and Starbucks in the hotel. We did not eat there but instead ate downtown at Cleveland Chophouse and Brewerey which is a great choice and fairly reasonably priced.

The rooms were nice - small bathroom but comfortable bed. Clean.

Overall, a decent choice if you are looking for some value and don't need to be in the heart of the downtown Cleveland city.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside? Share your experiences!