“Excellent service and great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rock and Roll HOF Package
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Asheville, North Carolina
“Excellent service and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here for two days of our vacation in order to be close to the Rock Hall and other downtown sites. We chose this place to avoid renting a car for a couple days since you have to pay for parking everywhere downtown. They also provided a shuttle service that we took advantage of several times. From the moment we walked in from our cab ride from the airport mr. Campbell, Ronnie, I think was his first name...he was so helpful and asked about our needs and made our tired family feel welcome and at ease. He would check in with us when we walked through the lobby each day to see how our trip was going. I can't say enough about him. If you stay here spend the extra to have the executive club access. Seriously especially if you have kids. This entitles you to free breakfast and managers reception at night. Go get a free beer or glass of wine and munchies. You could almost skip dinner with what they serve. The women that work serving the food are so attentive and nice. Take a bottle of water, soda, or cookie back to your room for later. The rooms in this hotel are not large. But I would choose this hotel again for sure. One thing to avoid: the restaurant downstairs. We went there for lunch and dinner one day because things in Cleveland close early. The restaurant was awful. The service terrible and the food not so great. If you absolutely must go here the grilled chicken is very good. Overall I'm very happy with our stay here. It may seem overpriced at first but if you get the executive level room the food upstairs makes it worth it. The free shuttle service also makes it worth it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a few times and had no problems. Great location, decent, clean rooms, nice Executive Lounge and attentive staff. Today, I was given what I'm fairly certain used to be a broom closet. It's small, cramped and I can hear the conversations of people in the next room as if I were in the room with them. There is no closet .. wait, I take that back. They put in some giant monstrosity of a piece of furniture that is supposed to be the closet, but takes up a ton of space and makes the room that much smaller. I literally bump into pieces of furniture as I move around because the room is that small. The elevators take forever so today I decided to take the stairs down. I'm 6'2" tall and had no problems until I was between floors 2 and the lobby, when all of a sudden my head slammed into the concrete ceiling. It's definitely lower than all the other floors and let's just say it hurt a lot and the goose egg is pretty apparent. At least their ice machine works. Not sure if I'll be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Lewes, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hotel very clean, staff extremely helpful, great location within walking distance to attractions (ball fields and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame). The only problem we had was getting out of the parking garage; we were supposed to be able to use our room key and it was not opening the gate... the person behind us ended up using his parking pass to let us out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Picked this hotel because it was near Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and other downtown attractions and choice was good. Went with the family on a two night vacation stop. Besides an easy walk to the Hall the free van service was great taking us anywhere downtown. The package they had for the Hall of Fame was a reasonable value.

Everyone was very nice. The only negative were the elevators. They were under repair so wait times were long. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly.

Stayed July 2014
LaGrange, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel has four elevators and only one was working. Very crowded on the fourth of July. I had small children with me and we had to take the stairs from the lobby to the eighth floor on numerous occasions. Small room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights and overall we had a good stay. It is conveniently located close to the lake and downtown.
There was a restaurant and a Starbucks in the hotel and free shuttle bus service was available.
The room was decent size and clean. We had 2 queen size beds and the were pretty comfortable.
The one negative thing was that there really wasn't much counter space in the bathroom sink but not a big deal.
We had heard about the elevators being slow so we requested a lower floor room and was given one on the 4th floor. For the most part we were lucky and didn't have to wait much for an elevator except on the Sunday morning when people were checking out and the elevators arrived on our floor full.
The pool was nice enough although on occasion over run with young kids. i had 2 of my own so no problem.
Overall it was a good stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ironton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

i will alway come here and stay when i come to cleveland. everybody is so nice and friendy and they remember me by name.i alway feel like im home that means alot. thank you for being there for me while my husband was sick.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside? Share your experiences!