I spent two nights here on business. The room was tiny but adequate with all necessary amenities, such as a functioning TV, iron and ironing board, plenty of outlets, etc. Supposed complimentary wifi had too weak a signal to use on the 14th floor. My room was clean, but two others I was traveling with complained of finding beetle-like insects in their rooms. My phone didn't work on arrival, but an engineer came promptly and repaired it, so no problem. The staff were all friendly and helpful, and the free shuttle service made getting to meetings very easy. The elevators are supposedly undergoing renovations, although I didn't see any evidence of work being performed on them. The elevators were scary, lurched from floor to floor, and invariably stopped on the second floor, despite no one ever entering or exiting on two. The wait for an elevator was as long as ten minutes, and when one arrived, it was filthy and ragged. Scariest of all was a sign that advised for my safety and the safety of others no more than seven people should ever ride in the same elevator at the same time. The Starbucks in the hotel closed amazingly early -- sometime before 6pm on weekdays. The hotel restaurant and room service were both good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel in downtown Cleveland is one-half mile from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and other great things to do in downtown Cleveland. It offers a spacious indoor pool and free shuttle service to downtown attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Hotel Cleveland
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Ohio