“staff” 5 of 5 stars

Rock and Roll HOF Package
Ranked #18 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
“staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had an outstanding stay at the Double Tree. It was within walking distance of the Rocking Roll Hall of Fame and Museums. The shuttle service was prefect. The Staff here is the best, they will make your stay wonderful.

936 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Belding, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We splurged with a trip to Cleveland for our anniversary and decided on Double Tree as they offered a package with tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Free Breakfast and Parking. The experience was just disappointing.

Our first room had a very dirty tub with lines of something brown running down it and a pile of goo where there obviously had been a bar of soap. It just wasn't clean. The refrigerator was broken and we couldn't open the door without it falling out of the cabinet it was in. I need a handicapped room and the bathroom didn't offer a shower seat. I just expected so much more for what the cost was. We had stayed at a smaller hotel the night before for less than half of what we paid for this and it was a beautiful remodeled handicapped room. This room was just old and not clean. We called and they sent us to a new room that was ice cold we had to turn on the heat and it never turned off and was cold the entire time we were there. There were no towels in the room either. We had also upgraded to the executive package and none of those upgrades were included in this new room. We called down again and we were told that they would bring those things up. After an hour we were heading out to dinner and still had not received anything so on our way out the front desk said it would be taken care of when we got back. Upon arriving back to our room, on the desk was 4 bath towels and a bathrobe. I guess we didn't get them put away for us or any hand towels or washcloths. It was just weird. Not good service at all. But it was after 11 so we just decided to let it go and went to bed. The bed was very comfy and so were the pillows.

A huge plus I must say though is their shuttle! Coop the driver will take you any where you want to go! He dropped us off at the restaurant but never told us we had to call before 10:30 to get a ride back. We called at 11 and were told that it was not available. The cab ride back was inexpensive but being told there was a time would have been nice.

The breakfast was a simple buffet like you find at a much smaller hotel. The eggs were cold and there was no bacon left and they never refilled it while we were there. There is a starbucks on site, so that was a nice addition to our breakfast.

Upon checking out we had such a nice gentleman I just couldn't bring myself to tell him our experience was less than good. He was so sweet and helpful. Maybe its just the evening shift that doesn't really care.

I was just so underwhelmed by this place. I will definitely choose a different hotel the next time!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Doubletree33, Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your recent stay here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside. I would like to first reassure you that the incidents described are Atypical of our hotel. Our goal is to provide the best service and accommodations possible and your feedback will assist us in making the necessary changes that will meet the expectations of all of our guests. All of your comments are important, but the accessible room issues are very important and reassuring that attention was given is worth mentioning. An inventory of all handicapped accessible rooms was immediately conducted to ensure that all required equipment is present for the convenience of our guest. Our handicapped accessible rooms with the roll in show have mounted wall seats and the accessible rooms with the tub have a mounted tub seat that is removable if requested. Your feedback is extremely helpful to us. If in the future you find yourself in the Cleveland area, we hope you will give us another opportunity so you can see how your comments have assisted us in improving. Making it Right is our goal.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great location in downtown Cleveland on Lake Erie. Close to Rock Hall and Science Center, sports venues. Older property but nicely upgraded. Room had a great view of the city and lake, and was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and courteous. Food left much to be desired. Service was slow. Had to ask for luggage cart and someone to help bring stuff to room. Didn't bother asking at checkout and did it myself. I had booked a package deal online to include tickets to the Great Lakes Science Center and my AAA discount. Upon arrival my credit card was swiped, then I was told I only had the AAA rate and tickets would cost extra. After much confusion and a long delay, my reservation was corrected and I received my tickets, but not before being charged for the second reservation. I ended up being charged $171.83 more than I should have. After several phone calls, I was told they issued a refund but I have yet to see it on my credit card statement. My advice? Book directly with hotel staff and not online.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had a wonderful visit. The front desk staff took care and time to make sure our room was right. The breakfast crew was just as helpful. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Cleveland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Fairview Park, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

First time visiting a Double tree hotel and had a so-so experience. Rooms/beds were clean and room was nice looking. However, there was a stain right above the bed on the ceiling which was kinda gross looking. Beds were comfortable, but not amazed by them. The free cookies for checking in were definitely a great perk. Only real hotel complaint was the noise level of the air conditioner/heater unit. The level of noise was pretty loud and could barely hear the tv with it on. There is a charge of $18 for parking... little much considering the hotel itself is pricey.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
charleston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located. I liked the private parking building attached, for more security. The hotel is in good repair and the rooms very nice, clean and convenient. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. My wife had breakfast there, I was having surgery and could not eat, and it was very good quality food and the service was great. Overall we love this hotel and plan to return.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Doubletree on the 13th of December 2013. My initial impression is that the hotel needs a good cleaning our a remodeling of the Front Desk area. The rooms were the sane fashion needing a remodel before the colors of the upholstered chairs and sofa become much more outdated. The cleanliness was about okay but in the bathroom there was about two gallons of water left over from the cleaning staff. The furniture was worn and needing replaced. I stayed in a suite and just expected more for my money. I felt very disappointed the overall suite condition.
My evening took a turn for the worst while dealing with the late night (11 pm - 7 am) front desk young lady who was working by herself. This person managed to ruin the entire experience for me and my husband. She was unprofessional towards me
and I feel borderline belligerent. I tried too find out why my guests (I rented two suites that evening) weren't able to access their room when they attempted to check-in. She basically dismissed my concerns and then refused to tell me get correct name. Telling me three different names at one point (while I'm on the phone with her) I also mentioned I was contacting the manager in the morning because of her attitude and unprofessional conduct. She basically told me get job was secure and I would be wasting my time informing the manager. I
felt very powerless at that moment and a bit shocked that apparently the manager wouldn't care once I contacted her at 7 am.
I do not plan on going back to that particular Double Tree if that aren't able to insure me that I wouldn't have the same experience again. I would like to speak to the manager concerning my stay that evening.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside? Share your experiences!