We splurged with a trip to Cleveland for our anniversary and decided on Double Tree as they offered a package with tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Free Breakfast and Parking. The experience was just disappointing.
Our first room had a very dirty tub with lines of something brown running down it and a pile of goo where there obviously had been a bar of soap. It just wasn't clean. The refrigerator was broken and we couldn't open the door without it falling out of the cabinet it was in. I need a handicapped room and the bathroom didn't offer a shower seat. I just expected so much more for what the cost was. We had stayed at a smaller hotel the night before for less than half of what we paid for this and it was a beautiful remodeled handicapped room. This room was just old and not clean. We called and they sent us to a new room that was ice cold we had to turn on the heat and it never turned off and was cold the entire time we were there. There were no towels in the room either. We had also upgraded to the executive package and none of those upgrades were included in this new room. We called down again and we were told that they would bring those things up. After an hour we were heading out to dinner and still had not received anything so on our way out the front desk said it would be taken care of when we got back. Upon arriving back to our room, on the desk was 4 bath towels and a bathrobe. I guess we didn't get them put away for us or any hand towels or washcloths. It was just weird. Not good service at all. But it was after 11 so we just decided to let it go and went to bed. The bed was very comfy and so were the pillows.
A huge plus I must say though is their shuttle! Coop the driver will take you any where you want to go! He dropped us off at the restaurant but never told us we had to call before 10:30 to get a ride back. We called at 11 and were told that it was not available. The cab ride back was inexpensive but being told there was a time would have been nice.
The breakfast was a simple buffet like you find at a much smaller hotel. The eggs were cold and there was no bacon left and they never refilled it while we were there. There is a starbucks on site, so that was a nice addition to our breakfast.
Upon checking out we had such a nice gentleman I just couldn't bring myself to tell him our experience was less than good. He was so sweet and helpful. Maybe its just the evening shift that doesn't really care.
I was just so underwhelmed by this place. I will definitely choose a different hotel the next time!
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Hotel Cleveland
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Hotel
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown Lakeside
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel in downtown Cleveland is one-half mile from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and other great things to do in downtown Cleveland. It offers a spacious indoor pool and free shuttle service to downtown attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.