“Beware of online package deals!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rock and Roll HOF Package
Ranked #17 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beware of online package deals!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great location in downtown Cleveland on Lake Erie. Close to Rock Hall and Science Center, sports venues. Older property but nicely upgraded. Room had a great view of the city and lake, and was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and courteous. Food left much to be desired. Service was slow. Had to ask for luggage cart and someone to help bring stuff to room. Didn't bother asking at checkout and did it myself. I had booked a package deal online to include tickets to the Great Lakes Science Center and my AAA discount. Upon arrival my credit card was swiped, then I was told I only had the AAA rate and tickets would cost extra. After much confusion and a long delay, my reservation was corrected and I received my tickets, but not before being charged for the second reservation. I ended up being charged $171.83 more than I should have. After several phone calls, I was told they issued a refund but I have yet to see it on my credit card statement. My advice? Book directly with hotel staff and not online.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

880 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had a wonderful visit. The front desk staff took care and time to make sure our room was right. The breakfast crew was just as helpful. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Cleveland.

Fairview Park, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

First time visiting a Double tree hotel and had a so-so experience. Rooms/beds were clean and room was nice looking. However, there was a stain right above the bed on the ceiling which was kinda gross looking. Beds were comfortable, but not amazed by them. The free cookies for checking in were definitely a great perk. Only real hotel complaint was the noise level of the air conditioner/heater unit. The level of noise was pretty loud and could barely hear the tv with it on. There is a charge of $18 for parking... little much considering the hotel itself is pricey.

charleston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located. I liked the private parking building attached, for more security. The hotel is in good repair and the rooms very nice, clean and convenient. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. My wife had breakfast there, I was having surgery and could not eat, and it was very good quality food and the service was great. Overall we love this hotel and plan to return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Doubletree on the 13th of December 2013. My initial impression is that the hotel needs a good cleaning our a remodeling of the Front Desk area. The rooms were the sane fashion needing a remodel before the colors of the upholstered chairs and sofa become much more outdated. The cleanliness was about okay but in the bathroom there was about two gallons of water left over from the cleaning staff. The furniture was worn and needing replaced. I stayed in a suite and just expected more for my money. I felt very disappointed the overall suite condition.
My evening took a turn for the worst while dealing with the late night (11 pm - 7 am) front desk young lady who was working by herself. This person managed to ruin the entire experience for me and my husband. She was unprofessional towards me
and I feel borderline belligerent. I tried too find out why my guests (I rented two suites that evening) weren't able to access their room when they attempted to check-in. She basically dismissed my concerns and then refused to tell me get correct name. Telling me three different names at one point (while I'm on the phone with her) I also mentioned I was contacting the manager in the morning because of her attitude and unprofessional conduct. She basically told me get job was secure and I would be wasting my time informing the manager. I
felt very powerless at that moment and a bit shocked that apparently the manager wouldn't care once I contacted her at 7 am.
I do not plan on going back to that particular Double Tree if that aren't able to insure me that I wouldn't have the same experience again. I would like to speak to the manager concerning my stay that evening.

• Stayed December 2013
Kalamazoo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were recommended to this hotel by Cleveland Clinic Hospital. DoubleTree made us feel very welcomed. This was our 4th stay at this location and it has become our hotel of choice during our visits to the hospital.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

From my early morning check-in (2 hot cookies too) to my checkout; a very enjoyable stay! The room was fantastic and I found the staff extremely helpful in everything from directions to places for nightlife (bartender)! Breakfast was the hearty full DoubleTree breakfast. I even ate at Stadium 3 for dinner and found the Salmon to be good and I'm from the PacNW (it's also in Restaurant.com if you're a discount hunter :) !
The manager of this property should be commended! I imagine it's pretty tough to manage a staff and hundreds of guests (someone will always have a gripe...it's statistics) but when you step back, the property is an excellent choice for a 3.5 star that is well located to the Rock Hall plus the shuttle is unbeatable (tip Carl and Cooper)! I would gladly stay there again and for more than 1 night!

Room Tip: Go for the Executive floor....great views of the Lake and HUGE!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Doubletree33, Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside. We are so pleased that our staff, the room accommodations and the dining experience met your expectations. We truly take pride in delivering the best experience possible to our guests and look forward to your next visit when in the Cleveland area.

Been to Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside? Share your experiences!