You added Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside to your Saves list
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Fairview Park, Ohio
“So-So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

First time visiting a Double tree hotel and had a so-so experience. Rooms/beds were clean and room was nice looking. However, there was a stain right above the bed on the ceiling which was kinda gross looking. Beds were comfortable, but not amazed by them. The free cookies for checking in were definitely a great perk. Only real hotel complaint was the noise level of the air conditioner/heater unit. The level of noise was pretty loud and could barely hear the tv with it on. There is a charge of $18 for parking... little much considering the hotel itself is pricey.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
charleston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located. I liked the private parking building attached, for more security. The hotel is in good repair and the rooms very nice, clean and convenient. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. My wife had breakfast there, I was having surgery and could not eat, and it was very good quality food and the service was great. Overall we love this hotel and plan to return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Doubletree on the 13th of December 2013. My initial impression is that the hotel needs a good cleaning our a remodeling of the Front Desk area. The rooms were the sane fashion needing a remodel before the colors of the upholstered chairs and sofa become much more outdated. The cleanliness was about okay but in the bathroom there was about two gallons of water left over from the cleaning staff. The furniture was worn and needing replaced. I stayed in a suite and just expected more for my money. I felt very disappointed the overall suite condition.
My evening took a turn for the worst while dealing with the late night (11 pm - 7 am) front desk young lady who was working by herself. This person managed to ruin the entire experience for me and my husband. She was unprofessional towards me
and I feel borderline belligerent. I tried too find out why my guests (I rented two suites that evening) weren't able to access their room when they attempted to check-in. She basically dismissed my concerns and then refused to tell me get correct name. Telling me three different names at one point (while I'm on the phone with her) I also mentioned I was contacting the manager in the morning because of her attitude and unprofessional conduct. She basically told me get job was secure and I would be wasting my time informing the manager. I
felt very powerless at that moment and a bit shocked that apparently the manager wouldn't care once I contacted her at 7 am.
I do not plan on going back to that particular Double Tree if that aren't able to insure me that I wouldn't have the same experience again. I would like to speak to the manager concerning my stay that evening.

• Stayed December 2013
Kalamazoo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were recommended to this hotel by Cleveland Clinic Hospital. DoubleTree made us feel very welcomed. This was our 4th stay at this location and it has become our hotel of choice during our visits to the hospital.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

From my early morning check-in (2 hot cookies too) to my checkout; a very enjoyable stay! The room was fantastic and I found the staff extremely helpful in everything from directions to places for nightlife (bartender)! Breakfast was the hearty full DoubleTree breakfast. I even ate at Stadium 3 for dinner and found the Salmon to be good and I'm from the PacNW (it's also in Restaurant.com if you're a discount hunter :) !
The manager of this property should be commended! I imagine it's pretty tough to manage a staff and hundreds of guests (someone will always have a gripe...it's statistics) but when you step back, the property is an excellent choice for a 3.5 star that is well located to the Rock Hall plus the shuttle is unbeatable (tip Carl and Cooper)! I would gladly stay there again and for more than 1 night!

Room Tip: Go for the Executive floor....great views of the Lake and HUGE!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Doubletree33, Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside. We are so pleased that our staff, the room accommodations and the dining experience met your expectations. We truly take pride in delivering the best experience possible to our guests and look forward to your next visit when in the Cleveland area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Carl, Coop and cookies. Those are the three best things about this place. Call and Coop are the shuttle drivers who were very helpful, polite and generally took care of business in every way. Carl should be with the general manager because he was the one most able to take care of business.

We checked in at 11:30 PM and quickly fell asleep only to be woken up by the cleaning lady vacuuming and slamming cleaning supplies and using her push to talk walkie talkie in the 3 rooms next to us at 12:30 AM. I called downstairs to the front desk and after 30 rings she picked up and informed us that room cleaning is done 24 hours a day.

The room was very smoky and the hallway was very smoky also. We were told that this entire hotel was non-smoking hotel, But it was obvious that multiple people had been smoking.

Because of the smell, we asked to be moved to a different room. They said they would transfer us to a executive room when we arrived at the room and it was identical, but had A bathrobe and slippers on the bed.

All of the other workers at this hotel did the very least they could to make our stay enjoyable and seemed to be put out by asking for anything including change for a 20 (to tip Carl and Coop)!

Stay elsewhere for less money and better service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland-Lakeside. All guest feedback is very important to us and of great value. Our goal is to provide the best service and accommodations possible and feedback assist us in making the necessary improvements to meet the expectations of our guests. If ever in the Cleveland area, it would be a pleasure to show how your valuable feedback has assist us in our improvement process.
Ocean Shores, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Most staff were very friendly, one man at the front desk though could brush up on his people skills. As a Diamond Hhonors member, they failed to have water bottles in room on arrival, and there was no upgrade to room. Cleaning staff took my unfinished cookie away. Breakfast was decent. Beds super comfortable. The sound from hallways carries right into the room. Still my preferred choice to stay in town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for being a loyal Hilton Honor Member (Diamond Member). It is always a pleasure to hear that we at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside are the preferred choice in lodging for our guests when in the Cleveland area. Your feedback reiterates the importance of assuring that all Hilton Honor benefits are presented as expected. Again, we thank you and look forward to your next visit. Oh, we owe you an extra cookie or two.