“Nice Large Room” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Nice Large Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hotel is in downtown Cleveland. Very nice large room and clean!!! Close to Rock n Roll Hall of fame and many great restaurants. Visitors Center is across the street and they are very helpful in telling you where things are. Delicious free breakfast included.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

927 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Henrietta, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Rooms are fine, beds are fine, the service is what's lacking here. We stayed here 5 days last month, and everything was very good, EXCEPT the housekeeping staff sprayed(or spilled) so much fragrance in our room, we had to switch rooms at 10:00pm one night. The hotel did nothing additional for us to make up for this inconvenience. I also left my phone charger behind. This visit, I made the reservation on the phone, reserved the Executive king room, which includes breakfast, and evening reception. On the weekends, the lounge is closed, so I asked the reservation clerk if breakfast was still included, she said yes. Before our arrival, The hotel sent an email asking if I wanted to order anything for the room in advance. I ordered two extra pillows(no charge). I received a confirmation. When I checked in, I asked if there was a charging cord left behind, the person said she would check, and call me. I never heard another thing about it. I asked about where the breakfast would be, I was told breakfast was NOT provided for Executive Rooms on the weekends. I explained that the reservation clerk confirmed it WAS included, she said it's not! I would not have stayed there if I had known this. When we got to our room, there were no extra pillows. So all along the way. it is a lack of service that we encountered. Disappointing. This could be a GREAT hotel if not for the staff.

Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had a bad feeling the minute we walked into the lobby. Three people were standing behind the check-in counter, but only one was working. None of them seemed to care that there were several of us waiting to check in.

We booked through hotels.com and thank god we did. When we arrived the Doubletree did not have our reservation. Even though I stood the WITH MY CONFIRMATION NUMBER, the front desk staff did almost nothing to help other than dismiss us and tell us to call hotels.com. After spending over an hour on the phone right across from the front desk staff hotels.com finally faxed them the paperwork instructing them to give us a room. But of course they were sold out, so they "upgraded" us to a larger room. This was really a meeting room with a murphy bed.

The room:
Looked like it was never vacuumed. The bed was uncomfortable. The never even cleaned it on your 3rd day. Even though we called twice. Best we could do was get them to deliver some fresh towels for our showers in the morning. Really!?! And as you might expect never an apology.

The bar:
The closed when the wanted to. One night at 12, one night at 10 and another at 11. Bad attitudes.

The management:
Certainly does not care. The whole place felt dirty. Signs fell off walls. Some of the staff there (like in the Starbucks) were friendly, but most acted like they could care less if you stayed there or not.

Never again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GeorgeI228, General Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Arndawg, we wanted to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the lack of service you experienced during your most recent stay at our hotel. There are no excuses for the lack of attention you received and more importantly your issues not being resolved in a timely manner. This is in no way the services that our guests have come to expect from our hotel, but unfortunately in your case, we dropped the ball. Rest assured that your feedback has been communicated to our staff in order to make the necessary changes in the way we deliver our service. Again, we apologize for your poor stay and do look forward to you giving us another chance in or order to prove that Hilton definitely stands for outstanding service.
elyria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I would recommend this facility to anyone traveling to the great city of Cleveland! Every employee that works there truely takes the statement "above and beyond" seriously! The only issue I had was i paid my deposit in cash and they put the money back onto the card I used to reserve the room! I was told it would be on there 7 days later and I am still waiting! That is the reason I paid cash in the first place!! But that doesnt change the fact that my stay here was one of the best I have had in a hotel or everyone in that builing minus one person never said "I can't" or "I won't"...I dont think those words exsist in there vocabulary!!

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms great bed and linen. Very comfortable compared to similarly prices properties I've stayed at

Gym was small but had a good range of free weights and quality walking machine.

Had a guest laundry so if you are travelling for a bit very useful and much cheaper than sending out.

The restaurant was simple but the staff very helpful and the crab cakes great :)

All up very impressive

• Stayed September 2013
Davie, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great location to attend Rock N Roll HoF and Football, Baseball, Basketball games. Hotel staff very helpful and friendly. Starbucks, Restaurant and Bar located inside. Shuttle was consistent. The elevators are HORRIBLE, especially in the morning when they are used as service elevators. We were on the 15th Floor and had to take the stairs down several times during our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went to Cleveland to celebrate our anniversary and visit the Rolling Stones exhibit at the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. We specifically selected this hotel because of its close proximity to the Hall of Fame. We bought the "Hall of Fame" package which included the hotel (one night), museum tickets, a buffet breakfast and covered parking. We probably saved about $30 dollars and the whole package was under $200! The staff were very pleasant-especially the front desk staff! They informed us that we could remain in the parking garage after we checked out, which is especially useful if we wanted to see more sights before leaving the premises. We utilized the free shuttle to dine downtown one evening and this was extremely convenient. Free dropoff and pickup throughout the stay. Breakfast was very good for a free buffet. No negatives to speak of. Great location, good value, we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the water. Ours did not have one, but there were some that did.