“wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Rock and Roll HOF Package
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
“wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My stay was two days and at every opportunity Shauna and Angela went out of their way to make my stay wonderful. House keeping did a great job. My room was clean in every corner. I am looking forward to many more stays.

• Stayed March 2013
Doubletree33, General Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside. I'm happy to hear that Shauna, Angela and our Housekeeping staff made your stay more comfortable. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the Cleveland area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here because of the location. The staff were very nice and hospitable. I normally check the beds upon arrival but I didn't this time. After an hour I saw a black spot on the all white bed. It did not end up being bed bugs... But it was bugs on my bed which good enough for me to request another room. The Front Desk Manager was very helpful and searched the new room with me to ensure there were no bugs. Other than that, the walls were thin (not good when you have noisy neighbors), and rooms were a little outdated. It was an OK stay. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside. Receiving feedback from our guests allows us the opportunity to provide the best experience possible. We're sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted, but very happy that the outcome was positive. We've shared your comments with our team so we can improve where we may have fallen short and to commend the high level of customer service delivered to you during your stay. The next time you travel to Cleveland, we hope that you'll be our guest again.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels and motels, but I cannot remember one that was so disgusting. I almost couldn't tell if the room had even been cleaned when I first saw it. There was trash and popcorn kernels laying openly in the middle of floor. Looking under the bed skirt, even more trash and popcorn was found.
I wanted to change the temperature, but after seeing the heating unit, I didn't even want to touch it. It looked like it was thirty years old and had never been cleaned. There was obviously some sort of sticky soda spilt over the top of it and the buttons were so yellow and covered with crumbs, dust and stains, I wondered how other guests before me had put up with it. But I changed the temperature, and then went to the bathroom to wash my hands of whatever gunk I had just touched.
In the bathroom, I immediately saw a black hair in the sink, as well as another one on the hand towel hanging next to it. That's when I looked at the floor and realized that there was hair along the wall behind the bathroom door and along the bathtub. Later when showering I found another black hair stuck in what looked like soap to the ceiling above the tub.
I supposedly had free internet for being a rewards member, however, I, nor the employee I spoke with on the phone could get it to work.
I expected that at least some of the mess would be taken care of the next day after the room had been cleaned, but I was shocked to see that none of the popcorn or trash had been removed. Also, I realized that the sheets and pillow cases had not been changed, which I thought was a standard in any hotel. New towels, had been put in the bathroom, but now there was a new black stain on the carpet that almost looked like ash. Also the towels were folded in a sloppy manner, and my standing electric toothbrush had been knocked over in the process.
I'm pretty sure that at least one of the elevators is broken because on all but one occasion, I waited five to ten minutes for one.
I've had great experiences with other DoubleTree hotels, but I will NEVER stay at that location again and would not recommend it to anyone. The filth of my room was intolerable and the lack of customer service was just ridiculous.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Doubletree33, General Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside. Hearing from our guests helps greatly and gives us the opportunity to provide the best experience possible, We're sorry that the comfort of your stay fell short of expectations. We have shared your comments with our team so we can do a better job of ensuring that all cleanliness standards for all rooms at all times are being followed. The next time you travel to Cleveland, we hope that you'll be our guest again.
Astoria, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My fiance and I drove from Fairfield County, CT to Astoria, OR this past summer. Cleveland was our first stop and we had booked our room a couple of months before. We were so tired when we got there in the late afternoon but got a second wind shortly thereafter! The hotel was very nice and when we checked in, we were put on the executive floor! We unpacked, changed and went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It is within walking distance to the hotel, which was awesome! When we got back from the Hall of Fame, we had a late lunch and went up to the Executive Floor where there was a cocktail hour. The room had a view of Lake Eerie and we were able to have a few cocktails, appetizers and just relax after our first long day of driving. Our room was very clean and comfortable and overall we had a very nice stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at our hotel. I know taking a road trip often calls for strategic planning and we are happy that Cleveland and the Doubletree by Hilton Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside was your first stop. We are glad that you found our location a convenient walk to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and other area attractions. I am very pleased to know that our Executive Lounge was inviting and that the amenities offered was a nice touch after a long day. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the Cleveland area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Staff welcome was poor, we arrived to check in and the two staff started to answer phones as we stood waiting at the desk and then discussed their calls with each other before addressing us, not even an 'I am sorry i'll be with you in a moment'. Hallways were dirty and had not been cleaned, bits of rubbish lying around, did not bode well for the rooms.
Rooms were so dark I could not find the light switches beyond the entrance light without using a torch.
TV audio kept cutting out, noisy fridge with nothing in it, noisy aircon, and road noise, no room safe, sound of babies crying several rooms away. Breakfast was expensive and uninspiring.
Pluses: free wifi, iron, 3/4 bath, good beds, new clean linen.
Don't go here unless you are taking the family to the Hall of Fame or something like that. If your are on business go elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Doubletree33, General Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the room accommodations and your restaurant experience. I am happy to say that we are currently undergoing a number of projects to address the conditions described in your review. We are adjusting the lighting levels within the rooms, making upgrades in our bathrooms and upgrading hard goods in the main living space. We also offer many packages that would include breakfast to help minimize the added expense. We have shared your comments with our Front Office (front desk) staff and our culinary team using your recommendations to improve so that we can ensure a more positive experience. The next time you're in the Cleveland area, we hope you'll consider coming back to see the changes we've made and tell us what you think. We are a great location for the Rock Hall and many other local attractions that's pleasing for our leisure guests, but our goal is to provide a great experience for all of our guests. Thank you again for your review and for helping us improve.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Most of the crew was amazing especially Jaime front desk. She made our stay much more enjoyable. If I could rate just her service i would give her a 15. The room was was comfortable and my wife was happy so therefore im happy.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside. I'm happy to hear that the level of customer service and service in general was wonderful and met your expectations. Due to the level of business in the hotel during your stay our elevators were running on the slow side and we thank you for recognizing the situation and for being understanding. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to the Cleveland area.
Howell, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I am very happy with my choice of hotel. The doubletree lakeside is a great place to stay if you are looking for wonderful customer service, comfortable beds, a hot shower, and being close to downtown. The only complaint I had was that there were way to many cheerleaders in one area (there was a competition in downtown), but that had nothing to do with the hotel itself. The day we checked out was the worst part of our stay do to the over worked elevators. We were on the fifteenth floor and it took 30 minutes to get on the elevator and then it stopped at every floor. But under the circumstances I was very impressed at how calm and collected the ladies at the desk were once I got to check out.

Room Tip: If you want a good view request a floor higher than 13.