“Perfect Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 32 hotels in Cleveland
New York City, New York
“Perfect Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My family visited Cleveland for a ball game at Progessive Field and to visit the RnR Hall of Fame and this hotel was within walking distance of both. The room was very clean, the temperature control was working perfectly and our one night of room service was terrific! The starbuck's in the lobby was really appreiciated! The only downfall we experienced was during breakfast buffet we couldnt get the server to bring us coffee to nearly the end of our meal. She was a lovely young lady but perhaps a bit overwhelmed. I would recomment this hotel to anyone who needed a room in the downtown cleveland area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

737 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Pelham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Some of the reviews about this hotel worried me but we had a great experience. The rooms were clean, the linens and duvet on the bed were lovely, and the view of the lake was nice. We stayed on the executive floor - no more money or different features from what I could tell. It was quiet and comfortable and the rooms were quite stylish looing. The hotel is within walking distance of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & the WW2 submarine. Great location, easy to find, too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The Doubletree Cleveland Downtown hotel is a tremendous place to stay. Within walking distance to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and nearly every other downtown attraction, the Doubletree Lakeside hotel is very convenient. Complete with an ample business center, swimming pool, decent sized fitness facility, this hotel is able to accommodate the most finicky travelers. Unfortunately, we arrived before check-in time and had to wait 5 hours before they would allow us to make our way to our room. In addition to the long wait times, hotel room keys often randomly deactivated. In fact, when I made my way down to the concierge to have it fixed, I found three other people down there for the exact same reason. The complementary cookies offered to guest who had just secured a room minimized my frustrations with the slowest elevators in the world and the room keys. All in all, Doubletree Lakeside has a great location if you do not mind doing a little walking to downtown attractions and acceptable accommodations at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the bottom floor so you do not have to wait for the long elevator rides. Also, do not...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Doubletree33, General Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
While I am excited to see you enjoyed your stay, I am sorry you ran into issues with the elevators and keys. I can assure you we appreciate the feedback. While the keys are magnetic strips and have a lot of great functionality, the fact that they can deactivate and get scrated is a minus. Thanks again and we look forward to having you back.
Fort Wayne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Location good. Staff was friendly. The room was fine but the beds were too soft. Starbucks on property. Self parking but it was convenient, and you can leave car there all day even after checkout. Very close to rock hall of fame.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sulphur Springs, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My family and I were on our third leg of our vacation. We try to stay at Hilton brand hotels whenever possible. My wife picked this hotel beacause it was closes to Cleveland Indians stadium. We got there about 3pm. and had no problems check in. The room was nice, clean, and no cosmetic problems. We did not have time to check out the rest of the hotel so I can not comment on that. All we did is check in , go to the game, and go to sleep. If anything that I comment on was the hallways. They were a little on the darkside, I can live with that. The hotel is 1.4 miles from Indians' stadium and the hotel has a shuttle to it. It will also take you to the resturant area which is close to. The only thing bad about that is the hotel shuttle only goes to 1030pm. If the game runs extra innings or rain delay you are on your own to get back. I used my gsp on my iphone to get us back. It took us about 30 minutes to get back. And we did not run into any unwanted guess. Overall this was a very good hotel for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for chosing us and for the nice comments. We are reviewing our shuttle service now and all comments help. We look forward to having you back.
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is an older property but very well maintained. The beds are very comfortable. The staff was awesome. The warm cookies were awesome. The location is fantastic. We were there to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame which is a 15 minute walk, albeit across 3 major intersections. Cleveland has the longest red lights I have experienced, FYI. The Hall of Fame is right next to the football stadium and the Science Museuem. If you're heading to either of those, this is a great place to stay. Only downside to that, we were there the night of a Kenny Chesney concert at the stadium. Lots of late parties in the hotel but I suppose that's true of any place close by. I would recommend it.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

The pros: location... If you want to go to the rock and roll hall of fame this is a great location to stay. Also the staff is very friendly
The cons: rooms are not clean at all, price is way too high for the room quality, loud at night! I was kept awake by the air conditioner turning on and off every few minutes (my 8 year old kept waking up yelling "I'm scared mommy it's a tornado!") and the sound of the trains at night makes you think they are driving through your room!

• Stayed July 2012
Doubletree33, General Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
We’re sorry that we didn’t provide you with a rewarding experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy air conditioner. Your comments will help us correct these issues, but we are extremely sorry for this inconvenience scaring your child. However we have addressed our housekeeping staff in regards to the level of cleanliness that your room received as well. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area.

Been to Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside? Share your experiences!