“Pretty good hotel in a very fun area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rock and Roll HOF Package
Ranked #17 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Columbus, Ohio, USA
“Pretty good hotel in a very fun area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This past month a friend of mine and I decided to have a girl's weekend so we went to Cleveland to visit the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and check out the downtown area. The Doubletree downtown is a very nice place to stay. We booked a special package where our tickets for the Hall of Fame were included in the total price and we got an upgraded room. The room was very pretty, and very clean. Nice amenities were given like mini-fridge & bath robes. We did not swim but the pool looked very inviting.

The shuttle service was super convenient and the driver we had was friendly and knowledgeable of the area. This is a free service with your stay however I gave the drive a few bucks for the safe drop off.

I felt there were two short comings to this place though. The first being the breakfast that was provided, I was very glad it was included b/c I would have been very upset if I would've paid extra to eat it. Everything was very bland and the scrambled eggs were watery. The second item would be the bartending staff. We went in for a drink while waiting for the next shuttle and the staff members were not friendly, prompt, or knowledgeable of the area when we asked about ideas for things to see & do.

The rest of the staff was wonderful to deal with. Another small tip, if your health conscience at all check the calorie count on those delish cookies they hand out when you check in. They are amazing but whoa are they fatty!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Doubletree33, General Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. As for the breakfast and bar attentiveness, I am sorry we feel short. I will make sure to address these areas and the feedback is so valuable. We realize you have a choice and we want you back... Love the cookie, but it's the little things that matter.

851 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is very clean. Staff is very attentive. Starbucks on site! Pool and hot tub were nice. Has a shuttle that takes you to the clinics and anywhere in a 2 mile radius. But, but that all depends who you talk to! We spent over $100 in taxi fares when in fact the shuttle could've taken us! Make sure you get the shuttle information when you check in!
Not to much with in walking distance. But if you use the shuttle, you can go to R&R hall of fame, Horseshoe Casino, and restaurants within 5 minutes.
The hotel is next to Amtrak, a freeway, and a small airport. I am used to this noise- but the constant helicopter traffic was loud at times.
With all that said- I would stay here again. Everyone is very nice. And you have to try the cookies!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for the wonderful response. I am glad you enjoyed most, if not all of the amenities we have. I do apologize the shuttle service was not made more clear and will look for a convenient way to communicate better. We look forward to your return. And yes, the cookies are Great!!!
Ringwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We traveled to Cleveland with our two teenage boys to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We chose this Hotel because it is within walking distance to the Rock Hall. Our stay with them was great. We paid extra for "executive level which included breakfast and cocktail hour in the evening. While the food service was good, the ladies that were in charge of the food service were excellent. They catered to my boys like they were landed gentry. The hotel also has a free van service to you can really enjoy cocktail hour, then head out to dinner, when you are done just give a call and they will pick you up. What could be better than that? All staff here really went out of their way to help up out! I highly recommend this hotel, but is was the people that worked there that put it over the top!

Room Tip: take the executive level for a extra fee to get hot breakfast and cocktail hour. These rooms are up...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here for 11 days on business and was pleasantly surprised at the attentiveness and attention shown by the employees. Everyone from the front desk to the van drivers were kind. I did not use the attached parking garage but note that it appears very spacious; the restaurant's price is comparable to other restaurants in the downtown area and was delicious; I had use of the executive lounge during the weekday manager's reception/breakfast and although the food was good, I wish there was more variety to the breakfast and evening reception's menu( good for a few days stay but after that the staple of scrambled eggs, cereal, sausage/bacon does get a bit tiring). I faced the side where the railroad and Burkfront airport is located so that could be a bit loud at times. In room air conditioner can be loud and everytime it came on I had to turn up the TV. Had to request the AC filter be changed after noting a musty smell when it came on but once I reported it, it was taken care of promptly. Hotel offers free van shuttle to local downtown attractions so there was never a need for car rental. Pool and hot tub was very nice and clean with proper temps to both; work out room was adequate for use; did not use the laundry facility but noted its cleanliness. Wi-Fi is free and I had no trouble connecting. Rooms have mini fridges but was a tad shocked that there was no microwave in the rooms; as a matter of fact, to warm up anything, you had to take your item to the front desk and they warmed it up for you. Room was tidy but it wouldn't hurt to dust the lamps, behind the TV or around the mini fridge area(those areas were dusty). Overall a very pleasant stay and I would select this hotel if I am ever back in the area.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Although I didn't stay at this hotel, but our 2 day event was held here, and I have never seen hotel employees so attentive and super friendly! They treated us like royalty, every little detail was attended to. And during our evening cocktail party, they were constantly ridding dishes from our table and happily doing so, always smiling and very friendly. Here it is almost a week later and I am still in awe of our royalty treatment! And let me add that the hotel was very clean and the rock and roll music playing was an added plus! Will definitely go back when I plan my Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tour that I didn't have a chance to do!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Doubletree33, General Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
I must say thank you greatly for the wonderful comments with regards to our staff and the meeting you attended here. While obviously there can be challenges from time to time, it is great to hear you received such attentive service. We do look forward to having you stay and enjoy the rest of Cleveland sometime.
Thanks again
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is a convenient, affordable downtown hotel, with great DoubleTree service – and delicious DoubleTree cookies!

Parking was great – they have their own parking garage attached to the hotel, with elevator access directly from the lobby. Both times I parked, I had no trouble finding a space.

The AC unit was awful, a loud, windy thing that sounded more like a jetliner’s APU. It was so obnoxious that I couldn’t use my phone or TV when it was running. After a time – while I was at the fitness center – it cooled the room, but I had to turn it off so that I could work & sleep.

The fitness center was sparse, but adequately sized for the hotel. I used the elliptical; the TV stations were all working, which helped to pass the time. The Internet connection was fast when working, but prone to sudden disconnection; each time that happened, I had to reassociate to the wireless network in order to restore service.

I was given access to the lounge for “happy hour”. While I appreciated the gesture, I found the selection a bit heavy on the deep-fried foods and desserts; the only healthy thing I saw were a few dusty-looking grapes, nestled in the middle of a mound of cheese.

Overall, I’d stay here again, but only if I could find a room with quieter AC. (Honestly, I didn’t even ask for one; it wasn’t the middle of summer, or anything, so I was able to shut it off overnight.)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I am very glad to hear you enjoyed the Cookies and many areas of the hotel. I am sorry for the noise you ancountered with the AC unit and will make sure to have engineering look into. We look forward to having you back.
Central CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

because of the friendly staff - particularly Lauren at the front desk, the nice accommodations, proximity to downtown activities, complimentary shuttle around the downtown area and other amenities. Our trip was a mix of business and leisure with plans to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He worked and I walked around the downtown area on Friday. I found the downtown streets to be safe and clean. Very little shopping in the hotel area (a few open stores in the Galleria complex) and I saw only 1-2 restaurants in the immediate 2 block area. No problem for us - we enjoyed a late supper in the Stadium 3 lounge one night, at one of the Warehouse District restaurants another night and at a restaurant in the Tremont Historic District on our last night in town. I enjoyed my time in the spotless hot tub and pool area. The lobby with Starbucks is a comfortable area. We did not have any problems with wi-fi in the hotel. I recommend you bring a power strip if you have 2 or more devices to recharge. We did not find sufficient outlets in the bedroom for recharging phones and iPad. We stayed in a 4th floor room and a 15th floor room. Preferred the 15th floor room although nothing was wrong in the 4th floor room. Beds and bedding are comfortable. Although the bathrooms are small and could use another shelf or two, it worked fine for the 2 of us. The shuttle drivers are fantastic - very friendly and willing to share helpful advice. We did not have to wait very long for the shuttle.

Room Tip: Better views of the lake and city from the upper floors. You can hear trains and airplanes/helicopt...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside? Share your experiences!