We decided to go to Cleveland to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame the day after Christmas (December 26th) when the crowd would be lighter. We chose the Doubletree for it's location and the Rock-n-Roll Hall Package (two tickets to the Hall of Fame, Breakfast for two, and free in and out parking)! The location was very close to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the football stadium, and the Science Center. There was not much else around, but the shuttle service was a great benefit for getting anywhere you wanted to go in the city. We used it to get to a great Spanish/Portugese restaurant in downtown called Mallorca, and I would highly recommend it for seafood, steak, and pasta (try the garlic soup!).
We did eat lunch in the bar, and the food was pretty good for burgers and sandwiches. I would recommend it if you are pressed for time and don't want to take the time to head into town. As for breakfast...I would not pay the $15.00 for the buffet! Some of the food was cold and overall was unnacceptable for the cost. We had breakfast for two adults as part of the Rock-n-Roll package, and got two more comp breakfasts for our kids because the Executive floor Lounge was closed the two days we were there. We had upgraded for the executive floor before check-in for $9.00, but because they were not open those days, they did not charge me at check-out (we did get the breakfasts for free though!).
Me and my son did take advantage of the pool and hot-tub on the first floor, which was very clean and in good working order. It was empty, so we had the place to ourselves to relax and enjoy! We did not use the work-out room, but it was a very nice little workout area with clean and modern equipment. There was also a self-serve laundry adjacent to the work-out room on the 2nd floor (nice touch).
The staff was very accomodating and friendly, and they were quick to provide us with answers to any of our questions. I had locked us out of our room on our way down to breakfast, but a very nice gentleman who was replacing telephones in the rooms let me in with a master key. The hotel was in decent shape and the room was clean, but a little small for a family of four. There was some noise from the airport and train, but I still slept fairly well. I did have to laugh though when I too noticed trays and dishes from room service lying in the hallway for greater than 24 hrs. like several other reviews. We saw several housekeepers on our floor, but no one seemed to want to take the dishes back to the kitchen...strange?
Overall it was a nice hotel and similar to other 3 1/2 star hotels that I have stayed at, but was not a home run for minor reasons. I would recommend it for it's Rock-n-Roll package and for get-a-ways, but I can imagine it would be a different environment if you stayed there during a football weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel in downtown Cleveland is one-half mile from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and other great things to do in downtown Cleveland. It offers a spacious indoor pool and free shuttle service to downtown attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Hotel Cleveland
- Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside Ohio