“Great tacos!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zocalo Mexican Grill & Tequilaria

Zocalo Mexican Grill & Tequilaria
2071 East 4th Street, Cleveland, OH 44115 (Formerly Zocalo Cleveland)
+1 216-781-0420
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zocalo Mexican Grill & Tequilaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #359 of 1,684 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prospect
Transit: RTA and free trolley available downtown.
Description: Always fresh, fun and inviting! We make everything in house fresh daily and focus on great food with great ingredients, from our Fresh Mex Taco's to our sizzling fajitas we aim to please. Take it all in with Ohio's best margaritas and largest selection of Tequila. Zocalo Tequileria is all about fun, friends and fresh!
chicago
“Great tacos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Went sunday evening and had great carne asada tacos de vampiro on corn tortillas. If you are craving something spicy and not too heavy this is the dish for you. Came with 2 tacos and 2 sides-rice and beans. They start you off with some fresh chips and salsa and bring out your meal quickly. For the price and location I would def. go back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Akron, Ohio
“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Starting with the good...the margarita was tasty. However, the food was just OK, not what we expected for the location or price.

The bad...the bathrooms are very dirty with filthy accessories and a disgusting toilet bowl brush. Why would a restaurant of this level have toilet bowl brushes next to the toilets?

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Yummy Mexican!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

If you go on a Tuesday, make sure you get there before 7p to take advantage of the half-price margaritas and taco Tuesday! We were five minutes after and sat on the "wrong side" of the restaurant to take advantage of either. The margarita was not watered down like at some places and the food was excellent! It was a little pricey for what I am used to, so if you are coming from out of town, be prepared.

Visited October 2012
Reading, PA
“This place is a joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Was my first visit to Cleveland and stopped in with my husband for drinks and dinner early on a Monday evening. Sat in the cantina section and saw they had a pretty extensive bar so I ordered my favorite, a Tanqueray martini. Our unfriendly female server advised that they only serve mexican type drinks -- tequila, margeritas, etc. Really? To which she replied "I don't think we even have gin", as I sat there looking at a large bottle of Tanqueray on the bar shelf. I laughed and said "I'm looking right at it". Wow, if looks could kill I'd be dead. She said she'd see what she could do and proceeded to bring me my martini in an extra large margerita glass(not an extra large martini - it was WAY at the bottom of the glass). Well at least I got my martini I guess.

Food was ok, nothing great. Not sure about the dining room but the servers communicate to each other in the cantina by yelling across the room. While eating, heard a tableful of rambunctious people in the cantina that I just chalked up to some customers that overimbibed until my husband advised it was a group of servers sitting at a table. I heard a male server talking about a [--] sandwich. Real professional. Don't even go near this place. Plenty of other options to choose from.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We only had drinks here and guacamole here, but boy were they good! It seems to be a very popular after-work place. They have great happy-hour offers too.

Visited September 2012