We arrived at the Holiday Inn Express last night for a one night stay before we headed back to Wisconsin. Us weary travelers arrived later at night, and we were greeted with much kindness and courtesy. This is not your standard Holiday Inn. We were quite blown away at the decor, beautiful rooms, spaciousness, and all around lovely hotel. My husband felt like he was in a Ritz Carlton. Our children thought it was very cool to be on the 9th floor of a hotel, which they had never been, and loved the view of the night skyline from our windows. The rooms are VERY spacious and I love that the rooms have hard wood floors. It gives it a nice elegant touch, especially since hotel carpets can get so dirty and gross. The only reason why I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is because you have to use the parking garage across the street. I suppose this is quite normal for getting a hotel in a busy downtown area, but us Wisconsin country people aren't use to that. It felt uneasy, especially since we got there later in the evening when it was dark.
Breakfast at the hotel was misleading, although still decent enough. The front desk staff said, "It's the whole nine yards". I think that is quite an overstatement, as it wasn't anything more than your standard fare. The kids thought the pancake machine was genius though (first time seeing one of those during our travels), but the biscuits were VERY hard. Nobody likes hard biscuits.
The room itself was pretty clean, but the sheets had this smell to them that I can't put my finger on. Not a bad smell...just 'different', for lack of a better word. I liked that there was a soft and firm pillow for each spot on the beds, as not everyone likes the same type of pillow.
Overall, this hotel is quite lovely. It's very different looking, as it was a re-renovated bank (I think?). I love that the hotel still has its original display of decor that once was. It makes it very unique to other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a VIDEO TOUR of our hotel. Take a step back in time as you enter this 19th century historic Guardian Bank Building converted into one of the finest Cleveland hotels. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland - Downtown is located in downtown Cleveland's financial district between E. 9th St and E. 6th St on Euclid Ave. We are within walking distance from Cleveland s main attractions including: LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers Q Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, , Warehouse District, Scene Pavilion, Tower city, House of Blues, Cleveland State University, Playhouse Square, etc. With 9 different room types, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown has a room for every need. We feature the largest standard guest rooms in Cleveland, two room suites, Jacuzzi suites, rooms with kitchenettes and meeting rooms. We also offer vacation packages to Cleveland s major attractions including: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pickwick and Frolic Comedy Club, House of Blues and The Cleveland Clinic. We are now also offering free high speed Internet access in every guest room and meeting room. Visit Cleveland, OH and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cleveland-Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Ohio
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown Ohio